• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newton stall "teow" licence for 3 mths. This is karma....

Meteour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Licence kena "teow" (hanged). Time for retribution. AFter 3 mths the hawkers will run road cos who gonna pay the high rentals there???

Time 2 teach these buggers a lesson.

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
who the hell would want to waste $$ there?? u can always get better and cheaper food anywhere. Newton is only for ang mo to kana chop like carrot

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I go Newton for my familiar duck rice/noodle stall only. $3.50. Newton seafood stalls are somewhere between expensive jokes and extortional pirates, especially if you're foreigners eating there at night. Order in Singlish and ask for the price first to get a fairer deal.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think almost all locals won't go the Newton Circus lah..the food is bloody expensive and no standard compared to others. Only FTs and tourists go there to be fleeced.

Serve them right.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geylang better & cheaper place to makan, after food still can have a nice leisure stroll down the streets and enjoy the nice sceneries there!

:biggrin:

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually not every foreigners will check their bill and complain to STB.
Which means for the past many donkey years, the stall might have overcharge the customers.
We might not know how rich this stall owner are right now.
Perhaps they can withstand payment of rental (shop closed) without any issue at all.

Licence kena "teow" (hanged). Time for retribution. AFter 3 mths the hawkers will run road cos who gonna pay the high rentals there???

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geylang better & cheaper place to makan, after food still can have a nice leisure stroll down the streets and enjoy the nice sceneries there!

:biggrin:

I have to respectfully disagree with this. GL is also getting overrated and expensive. The hawkers there are also slowly jacking up their price because they know most of the time their customers are guys buying their "female companions" a meal after whatever they have done or before whatever they are going to do.

Food standard has dropped as well, the so call famous stores don't serve the quality of food like they use to.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal

No big deal to the stall-owner as he has another stall at No46.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is overcharging so serious? What about those Chi Liao Bee Minister / MM/ SM/ President who overcharged us for years?

If Sinkies complain, I wonder if Justice is so swift and hard.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is overcharging so serious? What about those Chi Liao Bee Minister / MM/ SM/ President who overcharged us for years?

....so STB would also have to act on the Ministers?:biggrin:

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal

I share your sentiments. Most Singaporeans are really small-minded, they raise a big hoohaa over such small matters but they are willing to vote for people who overcharge them massively election after election. The common excuse is that they can't do anything about it. If only they will go after the big cons with the same gusto as the small cons...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I share your sentiments. Most Singaporeans are really small-minded, they raise a big hoohaa over such small matters but they are willing to vote for people who overcharge them massively election after election. The common excuse is that they can't do anything about it. If only they will go after the big cons with the same gusto as the small cons...

That is why.. stay away from sinkies. It will do you good.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My few years of experience with Thai foodstalls has been quite nice. No overcharging, no bargaining needed. However, Thailand also got Thaikies, just like Singapore got Sinkies. Hail a taxi, tuk-tuk or motorbike taxi, be prepared to be able to bargain properly or to be overcharged. I was lucky to learn this "stock-in-transport" as I started out in Thailand with local Thai friends. Thai newbies and tourists, be prepared to overpay, but also be prepared to laugh it off, don't take it to heart. Either keep coming back to Thailand and learn more or stay away if you're unhappy.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah very soon we will have "newton circus hawker reits" and the price for a hae bee would be $400.

Oi dun give those clueless civil servants ideas.

Wait PAPpy running dog see your post, LEEport back his masters, and they make Newton into a new upgraded REIT with $100,000 rent per stall.