• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New iPad 2013

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm looking at getting a new iPad or iPad mini & have been waiting for Apple to announce their new model(s).
The new product(s) is going to be announced on Oct 22

So if you are planning on getting a tablet & want to see what Apple is bringing to the table, they are going to announce it on Oct 22.

If you own Apple shares or interested in how they they performed for the quarter they will release this info on Oct 26.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gratz, I use an Ipad daily, the ipad 2, My wife using hers at home Ipad 4 I think. Its a good device, as for a revolutionary feature, I doubt there would be any.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm looking at getting my 1st iPad, so for me it will still be a revolutionary device.:smile:

Initially I was looking at replacing my old iPod but decided to go with an Ipad instead. I'm also hopping it can replace my Macbook Pro as a more convenient portable device.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm looking at getting my 1st iPad, so for me it will still be a revolutionary device.:smile:

Initially I was looking at replacing my old iPod but decided to go with an Ipad instead. I'm also hopping it can replace my Macbook Pro as a more convenient portable device.

A tablet will never be a replacement for a computer.

A tablet is good for browsing information. It becomes very cumbersome if you actually want to create stuff.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am using an Ipad Mini, waiting for Apple to come out with a device that size, with retina display & 128GB space, so that I can dump all my songs collection & hear them on the go... I 'bombed' my 64GB Ipod Tocuh.. Did not want to buy the Ipod classic, though it suits my usage but I hated the click wheel...

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought an iPad1 after the price dropped when they released iPad2 for my wife. Now my daughter totally monopolizes the iPad for games and youtube and my wife convinced me to buy her a Galaxy Tab. Sheesh, I haven't even touched ANY of them and have no use for them. I use a Toshiba notebook that belongs to my company for all my computer usage including Sammyboy.

Cheers!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A tablet is good for browsing information. It becomes very cumbersome if you actually want to create stuff.

Tell that to Microsoft, which really believes that people want to work with spreadsheets on a tablet. :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am using an Ipad Mini, waiting for Apple to come out with a device that size, with retina display & 128GB space, so that I can dump all my songs collection & hear them on the go... I 'bombed' my 64GB Ipod Tocuh.. Did not want to buy the Ipod classic, though it suits my usage but I hated the click wheel...

Initially thought of getting a Classic iPod because of capacity & simplicity but I really want to reduce the number of devices I have to keep track of.

It will be a difficult choice if Apple releases a retina iPad mini. I like the mini's form factor & also like the iPad's bigger screen. It will be difficult to chose between the two.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tell that to Microsoft, which really believes that people want to work with spreadsheets on a tablet. :rolleyes:

After upgrading to IOS7 I have not started using " numbers" yet, I will try it out first before I really know if Microshit is right on spreadsheets for tablets; after all, it was them that wrote the MAC Office for APPLE.

I am a lotus 123 person, using that till it had an GUI, then Borland...Micro...& Mac Office later.. even the Open Office...even at one time Spreadsheet under Linux...

Micro...may not be wrong on the Spreadsheet on a tablet...

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
also on that date, we have the apple trashcan. itrash.

I'm looking at getting a new iPad or iPad mini & have been waiting for Apple to announce their new model(s).

So if you are planning on getting a tablet & want to see what Apple is bringing to the table, they are going to announce it on Oct 22.

If you own Apple shares or interested in how they they performed for the quarter they will release this info on Oct 26.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's why I bought a Macbook Pro. However when you are trying to travel light it is still kind of heavy. For shorter trips I think a tablet is adequate. I notice that my bank & broker now supports the iPad. The nice thing about the iPad is the simpler user interface. Not everyone needs all the bells & whistles.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You considered the Air yet? If you need some "computing" the Air is not a bad device to slug around.
That's why I bought a Macbook Pro. However when you are trying to travel light it is still kind of heavy. For shorter trips I think a tablet is adequate. I notice that my bank & broker now supports the iPad. The nice thing about the iPad is the simpler user interface. Not everyone needs all the bells & whistles.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You considered the Air yet? If you need some "computing" the Air is not a bad device to slug around.

The problem with the Air is that it doesn't have a DVD drive & has a limited upgrade path.
That's why I got an i7 Macbook Pro & upgraded the RAM to the max.

For me a DVD drive is useful because I archive my old files on DVDs.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That's why I bought a Macbook Pro.

I travel with the Macbook Air. It's as small and as light as a tablet but it's still a proper computer.

You don't need dinosaurs like a DVD player as you can keep all your essentials in a "cloud" eg dropbox or mega.co.nz or in a USB thumb drive which has far more storage space than a DVD.

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal

The new IPAD will be available in 3 new colours, same as the IPHONE 5 S. It will be in Gold; Space Gray and Silver.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Believe me the current 11" Air is perfect for travelling. Small, light weight, battery life is 5 hours. Had replaced my previous model Air with this the moment it was launched. Really great device. I feel it's like between an iPad and Pro. I've stopped using my iPad and Pro now but still using my Mini.