• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Ang Moh ISIS claimed responsibilty for School Shooting killing 17!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/us/florida-shooting.html

Florida Shooting Live Updates: White Supremacy Group Claims Nikolas Cruz as Member
By THE NEW YORK TIMESUPDATED 5:15 AM

Continue reading the main story Share This Page
  • Tweet
  • Email
  • More
  • Save

U.S. By ROBIN LINDSAY and SARAH STEIN KERR 2:20
Filming a Rampage: Students Capture Florida School Attack
Continue reading the main story Video
Filming a Rampage: Students Capture Florida School Attack
Students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla. hid in closets as a gunman fired a semiautomatic weapon into their classrooms. Seventeen people were killed.

By ROBIN LINDSAY and SARAH STEIN KERR on Publish Date February 14, 2018. Photo by Saul Martinez for The New York Times. Watch in Times Video »
  • embed
  • Tweet
PARKLAND, Fla. — The leader of a white supremacist group said on Thursday that the suspected gunman in one of the deadliest school shootings in modern American history was a member of his group and had participated in paramilitary drills.

Jordan Jereb, the leader of a group called Republic of Florida, told The Associated Press that he didn’t know Nikolas Cruz personally and that “he acted on his own behalf of what he just did and he’s solely responsible for what he just did.”

Mr. Cruz, 19, faces 17 counts of premeditated murder — one for each of the people he is accused of killing with a semiautomatic AR-15 rifle at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland on Wednesday. Mr. Cruz appeared before a judge in Broward County via video conference, clad in an orange jumpsuit and shackled around his hands, feet and waist.

Asked whether he understood the circumstances in which he found himself, Mr. Cruz whispered two words: “Yes, ma’am.”

• The shooting, captured on cellphone video by terrified students at the suburban high school about an hour north of Miami, has renewed a national debate on how to prevent more tragedies. Gov. Rick Scott of Florida said he would meet with state lawmakers to secure more funding for school safety and the treatment of mental illness. “If we have somebody that’s mentally ill, they can’t have access to a gun,” Mr. Scott said.

• President Trump said on Thursday he would make school safety a top priority when he meets with the nation’s governors next month. He also said he planned a visit to the grieving Parkland community. “We are here for you — whatever you need, whatever we can do, to ease your pain,” Mr. Trump said in an address to the nation.

• The F.B.I. on Thursday said it received information about a comment made on a YouTube channel which has been attributed to the gunman, but was unable to identify the person.

• The AR-15 rifle used in the attack was purchased legally, at Sunrise Tactical Supply in Florida, according to a federal law enforcement official. “No laws were violated in the procurement of this weapon,” said Peter J. Forcelli, the special agent in charge for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Miami. In Florida, an AR-15 is easier to buy than a handgun. Check out more on how the AR-15 became one of the weapons of choice for mass shooters.

• With the Parkland shooting, three of the 10 deadliest mass shootings in modern United States history have come in the last five months. Here is a graphic that records the grim toll of school shootings across the nation.

Sign up for the Morning Briefing for news and a daily look at what you need to know to begin your day.

Photo
merlin_133873680_862ce2de-0981-4b8a-82fe-d6a9820704ed-master675.jpg

The mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., was one of the deadliest in American history. Credit Saul Martinez for The New York Times
A white nationalist group claims the suspected gunman as a member.
According to The Associated Press, Jordan Jereb, the leader of Republic of Florida, said that his group wants Florida to become its own white ethno-state. He said his group holds “spontaneous random demonstrations” and tries not to participate in the modern world.

Mr. Jereb also said Mr. Cruz had “trouble with a girl” and he believed the timing of the attack, carried out on Valentine’s Day, wasn’t a coincidence.

An armed police officer at the school did not encounter the gunman during the shooting.
Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said the school resource officer was on campus but did not run into Mr. Cruz. The gunman arrived during dismissal, when the campus was “fairly open,” according to Robert W. Runcie, the superintendent of the Broward County Public Schools.

Among the dead, Sheriff Israel confirmed, was a beloved assistant football coach, Aaron Feis, who coached the sheriff’s two sons.

Dr. Evan Boyar, the director of the department of emergency medicine at Broward Health North, said the hospital received nine of the shooting patients. Four victims remained in critical condition in county hospitals.

The medical professionals at Broward North had prepared for such an event, Dr. Boyar said.

“Nowadays, unfortunately, we do drills for this,” he said. “About nine months ago, we did a drill at our facility specifically for an active shooter.”

The F.B.I. had information about a suspicious comment on YouTube.
Ben Bennight, a bail bondsman in Mississippi, said in a video posted Wednesday that he reported a suspicious comment left on his YouTube channel last fall by a user named “nikolas cruz.”

“I’m going to be a professional school shooter,” the Sept. 24 comment said.

Mr. Bennight took a screenshot of the comment and flagged it to YouTube, which removed the post. Mr. Bennight said he then left a voice mail message at his local F.B.I. field office alerting it to the comment.

Mr. Bennight, 36, spoke briefly with The New York Times on Thursday. He said that when he originally reported the comments to the F.B.I., a pair of agents interviewed him the next morning. Mr. Bennight said two F.B.I. agents visited him a few hours after the shooting on Wednesday, spending about 15 to 20 minutes with him. The agents told him they thought the person who posted on his channel might be connected to the Florida shooting because they had the same name.

The F.B.I. on Thursday released a statement that said it received information about a comment made on a YouTube channel in September 2017. “No other information was included in the comment which would indicate a particular time, location, or the true identity of the person who posted the comment,” the statement said. The F.B.I. said it conducted database reviews and other checks, but was unable to further identify the person who posted the comment.

Mr. Bennight did not fault the F.B.I., he said.

“We live in a country where you can’t just lock people away for saying something,” he said. “You can’t just stuff somebody in a black hole because they said something that makes you uncomfortable. I believe the F.B.I. took it seriously. I hope that they followed up.”

The suspect’s Instagram accounts show guns and hint at animal cruelty.
Two Instagram accounts that classmates said belonged to Mr. Cruz were filled with images of weaponry, as well as the hats and bandannas he liked to wear to school. Among more innocuous pictures of animals including a dog and a gecko was a picture of a slaughtered toad. In response to a comment on that image, Mr. Cruz wrote that toads tended to run away when they saw him, because “I killed a lot of them.”

“I went on a massacre of these things once,” he wrote.

Other posts on the first account, like one captioned “arsenal,” showcased collections of firearms, including what appears to be a Savage Axis bolt-action rifle, a Smith and Wesson M&P15-series rifle, and at least two shotguns. Another picture showed a box containing rifle cartridges for an AR-15 or other similar weapons. Mr. Cruz commented on the post that the box had cost him $30.

It was unclear whether the profile picture for that account, a face nearly entirely covered with a “Make America Great Again” hat and large bandanna, was an image of Mr. Cruz.

The profile picture for the second account also featured a face almost fully covered, this time with an Army beanie. The account included several pictures of a figure wearing several different Army hats and carrying guns and knives. It also contained a picture of a Google search for the Arabic phrase “Allahu akbar.”

Instagram did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

Photo
16shooting4-master675.jpg

President Trump addressing on Thursday. Credit Tom Brenner/The New York Times
The president calls the gunman ‘mentally disturbed.’
Mr. Trump, in a Twitter post early Thursday, said that people should report anyone behaving like Mr. Cruz to the authorities.

“So many signs that the Florida shooter was mentally disturbed, even expelled from school for bad and erratic behavior,” Mr. Trump said. “Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. Must always report such instances to authorities, again and again!”

Later, in his televised address, Mr. Trump said he plans to work with state and local leaders to “tackle the difficult issue of mental health.”

Newsletter Sign Up
Continue reading the main story
California Today
The news and stories that matter to Californians (and anyone else interested in the state), delivered weekday mornings.

You agree to receive occasional updates and special offers for The New York Times's products and services.

The president has blamed mental illness for previous mass shootings, even as one of his first acts as president was to repeal an Obama-era regulation that would add the names of mentally ill Americans registered with the Social Security Administration to the database used for gun purchase background checks.

Without offering any specific proposals, the attorney general, Jeff Sessions, said on Thursday, “We’ve got to reverse these trends we’re seeing in these shootings.”

He added that the Justice Department was prepared to enforce existing gun laws and that he met with officials from the Health and Human Services and Education Departments on Thursday to study “the intersection of mental health and criminality and violence.”

Guns in America By DREW JORDAN, NATALIE RENEAU and DAVID BOTTI 2:04
AR-15: The Gun Behind So Many Mass Shootings
Video
AR-15: The Gun Behind So Many Mass Shootings
The AR-15 assault rifle, and others like it, is commonly used in mass shootings in the United States. Here's a closer look at likely reasons.

By DREW JORDAN, NATALIE RENEAU and DAVID BOTTI on Publish Date November 9, 2017. . Watch in Times Video »
  • embed
  • Tweet
The gunman said ‘I don’t go to school on Valentine’s Day,’ according to a lawyer.
On weekday mornings, Mr. Cruz usually got up to catch a ride to the adult education courses that the family he had stayed with after his mother’s death last year had encouraged him to attend, the family’s lawyer, Jim Lewis, told CNN. But on Wednesday, he refused to get up, Mr. Lewis said.

Mr. Lewis said that Mr. Cruz explained his reluctance by saying something to the effect of “It’s Valentine’s Day. I don’t go to school on Valentine’s Day.”

He had been staying with the family since November, the month his mother, Lynda Cruz, died. Mr. Lewis said that the family had seen signs of depression in Mr. Cruz, but nothing indicated that he was capable of this kind of violence. The family had allowed Mr. Cruz to bring his gun with him to their house, insisting that he keep it in a lockbox.

Photo
merlin_133922588_b8228093-5089-46dd-b62c-5220fc2af8b2-master180.jpg

Nikolas Cruz. Credit Broward County Jail
“This family did what they thought was right, which was take in a troubled kid and try to help him,” he said.

That included Mr. Lewis encouraging Mr. Cruz to attend adult education courses and work toward his G.E.D. As the months wore on, the family thought his mood seemed to be improving. Though they were aware that he had disciplinary problems at his former school and there were some indications that he had been bullied, he had never shared contempt for the school or anyone there with them.

In the hours after the shooting, people who knew Mr. Cruz described him as a “troubled kid” who enjoyed showing off his firearms, bragging about killing animals and whose mother would resort to calling the police to have them come to their home to try to talk some sense into him.

Melisa McNeill, Mr. Cruz’s public defender, told MSNBC that he did not have the support system to deal with the problems in his life.

“When your brain is not fully developed, you don’t know how to deal with these things,” she said. “That’s the child I’m sitting across from. He’s sad. He’s mournful. He’s remorseful. He is fully aware of what is going on, and he’s just a broken human being.”

Here is what we know about Mr. Cruz’s past.

Democrats are repeating their calls for tougher gun legislation.
“At some point, we’ve got to say enough is enough,” Senator Bill Nelson of Florida said on the Senate floor. “Let’s talk about that 19-year-old carrying an AR-15. Let’s do what needs to be done, and let’s get these assault weapons off our streets. Let’s accomplish something on background checks.”

In Parkland, Superintendent Runcie did not mince words.

“Students have been reaching out to me, reaching out to staff, probably board members and others, saying that now is the time for the country to have a real conversation on sensible gun controls in this country,” he said.

Representative Ted Deutch, whose district includes Stoneman Douglas High, said in an interview that skirting the gun question by focusing on mental illness was not enough — an opinion shared openly by numerous students and parents in Parkland, an affluent suburb in Florida’s most intensely Democratic county.

“The superintendent and every person I’ve spoken to in my community since I got here: That’s who’s been talking about guns,” Mr. Deutch said.

But in an interview on WIBC radio on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan said that public policymakers “shouldn’t just knee-jerk before we even have all the facts and the data.” He added, “We need to think less about taking sides and fighting each other politically, and just pulling together.”

Some of the survivors implored Congress to finally take action. Republicans called for prayers, but argued that no single fix to the nation’s gun laws would deter a shooting like the one on Wednesday.

Democrats, who have put forward a spate of gun safety bills only to see them left unaddressed by Republicans, who control the House and Senate, seethed with frustration.

Graphic
After Sandy Hook, More Than 400 People Have Been Shot in Over 200 School Shootings
Since 26 people were killed in Newtown, Conn., in 2012, a nonprofit that tracks school shootings has recorded seven a month.

OPEN Graphic

‘The shots were something I’ll never forget’
Moises Lobaton, a senior, was in psychology class when gunfire boomed. The students scurried to try to hide as far away from the door as possible.

“There wasn’t enough space behind the desk, so not all of the kids could fit,” he said.

Shots shattered a glass window on the door, injuring at least three of his classmates, including a girl who “wasn’t moving at all.”

“She was next to a pool of blood, but I couldn’t tell if it was hers or the guy next to hers,” he said. The boy had been shot in the arm and was bleeding profusely. His classmates wrapped the arm in cloth. Another boy called 911.

“The shots were something I’ll never forget. It sounded like bombs going off, one at a time,” he said. “If I was one or two feet to the right, I would have died.”

Graphic
What Happened Inside the Florida School Shooting
A gunman armed with a semiautomatic AR-15 assault rifle and “countless magazines” killed at least 17 people at his former high school on Wednesday.

OPEN Graphic

Reporting was contributed by Audra D.S. Burch from Parkland, Fla.; Patricia Mazzei, Maggie Astor, C.J. Chivers, Niraj Chokshi, Matthew Haag, Serge Kovaleski, Jonah Engel Bromwich, Matt Stevens and Daniel Victor from New York; and Adam Goldman, Ali Watkins and Eileen Sullivan from Washington. Doris Burke contributed research.

Continue reading the main story

Trending

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
False flag.

Rothchild created fear. Start a NWO. To make Isreal great again the Skulls and Bones.

Want to sell security technology gadgets to education industry. Education is a big industry with billions of dollars.

Likely trying to install NFC and RFID cards and entry to all gates, rooms and toilets in schools and unis must swipe cards or use mobile phone NFC.

FBI targeting kids now as terrorists 红毛不知死.

Last edited:

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/1...laced-with-isis-flag-at-utah-high-school.html

American flag destroyed, replaced with 'ISIS flag' at Utah high school
Fox News
1518769196736.jpg

A flag at a high school in Utah was found destroyed and replaced with an ISIS flag early Thursday. (Jacob Hamilton/The City Times via AP)

An American flag at a high school in Southwest Utah was found destroyed and replaced with an ISIS flag Thursday, Fox 13 reported.

An unknown perpetrator had taken down the flag at Hurricane High School, which is in the Washington County School District, and replaced it with “what looked like a flag used by ISIS,” police said.

The American flag was left shredded at the scene. The words “ISIS is COMI” had been spray-painted on a wall on the school’s east side, KUTV reported.

Ken Thompson, a spokesman for Hurricane Police department, said authorities don’t know if the perpetrator was a student or someone from outside the community.

"Officers have received tips this morning and they’re following those leads and so far they haven’t generated a credible lead but tips can help us out a lot,” he said.

Hurricane Police sent additional officers to the school Thursday to reassure students and faculty of their safety. Classes resumed normally on Thursday and will reportedly continue through Friday.

Authorities released a statement saying school employees have replaced the “ISIS flag” with a new American flag, and removed the graffiti. Images of the ISIS flag were then sent to the FBI for analysis.

ased on information we received from the FBI we do not believe this act was perpetrated by someone linked to the Islamic State,” Hurricane PD said in a statement. “This investigation is ongoing and investigators will continue to follow-up on leads.”