• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nei jia chuan 內家拳 for health

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nei jia chuan 內家拳 exponents mostly look like your average joe, some even look like they can't lift a bag of rice or even look like your average grandpa.

Muscles and strength are secondary to them. They utilize Dan Tien 丹田 to smoothly transmit power. Softness and suppleness is the key.

Strikes from them are less powerful compared to wai jia chuan 外家拳 exponents but very power efficient.

Their aim is to transmit the force through the outer protective layers of human skin and muscles, right onto the victim's internal organs, causing internal injuries and even death if the strike is well executed.

For people interested to learn, age is not a problem, for those over forties, it is even better, because, youthful strength is at an end, they will more readily learn because one is humble and emotionally stable at this time.

Also for the health benefits are needless to say, anyone who can still move will benefit greatly enhancing the quality of life. Even for the sickly. Google for the benefits, too many but the effects varies with different people.

In practice, movement is slow and even, akin to swimming in air to slowly exercise the various muscle groups and enhance the breathing capability of the body.

When in execution, fast and nimble with power flowing from every part of the body.

Some of the Nei jia chuan 內家拳 exponents were sickly before they practiced, illness though may not be cured but greatly controlled.

One famous example is the Yang Style Taichi exponent Cheng Man Ching 郑曼青, he suffered from lung disease (believed to be tuberculosis). He lived til 75.

He is credited with the transmission of Taichi to the west with his Yang Style 37 form.

Another is Yang Style Taichi exponent TT Liang who had acute liver problems. He lived til his 90s.

There's also Taichi that is formulated mixing Yang style and Sun style Taichi to help diabetes and rheumatism. Google for Dr Paul Lam to learn more. I believe there some community centres or RCs teaching this kind here.

When practicing Nei jia chuan 內家拳, aim for martial art excellence, then only will the full health benefits be reaped.

Common types are Taichi 太极拳, Hsing I 形意拳 and Baguazhang 八卦掌.

Whether any super human feats can be performed or not is not important, it is the health benefits that matter.

Anyone having tricky medical problems will do well to check with doctors first before commencing.

To moderator - pls move it to somewhere if not here.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Strikes from them are less powerful compared to wai jia chuan 外家拳 exponents but very power efficient."

I have to disagree with you on this. The strikes of a nei jia quan practioner can match that of a wai jia quan chap anytime in terms of power. I started off with wai jia in my teens, but switched to nei jia in my early 30s and have been at it since. The transition at first was not that easy as it felt kind of strange. But after I got the hang of it, I never look back.

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Strikes from them are less powerful compared to wai jia chuan 外家拳 exponents but very power efficient."

I have to disagree with you on this. The strikes of a nei jia quan practioner can match that of a wai jia quan chap anytime in terms of power. I started off with wai jia in my teens, but switched to nei jia in my early 30s and have been at it since. The transition at first was not that easy as it felt kind of strange. But after I got the hang of it, I never look back.

I'm not a master on this, thanks for sharing your experience as I don't have much to compared with. Hope people who are interested to learn will be encouraged, as I feel the health benefits are indeed very good. Especially for the older people as I feel that some of the ailments afflicting the sickly could really have been greatly controlled with this form of martial art.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me now where I can learn this Nei Jia Chuan? With this Nei Jia Chuan combined with my Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu, I will be invincible!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me now where I can learn this Nei Jia Chuan? With this Nei Jia Chuan combined with my Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu, I will be invincible!

I can teach you. The first practice is, pull down your underwear and punch your balls - repeat 500 times and your Nei Jia Chuan elementary stage is achieved.
Report back tomorrow for Part 2.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can teach you. The first practice is, I will pull down my underwear and you will punch my balls - repeat 500 times and your Nei Jia Chuan elementary stage is achieved.
Report back tomorrow for Part 2.

You retarded gay dog :oIo:

How is it possible for me to punch your balls for 500 times when just one deadly punch from me would burst your balls like a popped balloon!:oIo:

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, from your personal experience, when you generate power in nei jia, do you use body mechanics/ structure or some mystical stuff like qi?

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is wing chun included?

Thank you for your question.

To the best of my knowledge, Wing Chun is fundamentally a wai jia chuan 外家拳, not a Nei jia chuan 內家拳.

I don't know too much about Wing Chun apart from the Bruce Lee part so if any Wing Chun practitioner can chip in to help, that would be great.

If interested, still can consider learning as being physically active is a one of the key to longevity.

Last edited:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

A retard like you wants to learn the internal stuff? Don't make my toes laugh! If you can stick your head up your arse fully, I might consider imparting a skill or two to you, which I doubt you can even master in the next 30 years!