• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Nearly All The Honey Sold In Jiuhu Is Fake! Jiuhukias Truly No Money, No Honey!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The honey industry in Malaysia is facing a challenge to identify the number of fake goods on the market, a number that may constitute up to 90 per cent of products sold in Malaysia, said a local honey expert.

“The biggest challenge of the honey industry now is the presence of artificial honey, which reaches 90 per cent in the market,” said Dr Zulkifli Mustafa, a senior lecturer at Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).

“To identify real honey, laboratory tests are required.”

Dr Zulkifli, a researcher at USM’s Department of Neurosciences in Kota Bharu, Kelantan, was speaking during an interview with a local radio station. The interview was recorded by a university circular published on Jan 29 promoting the use of honey from stingless bees.

He said that his research showed that honey from stingless bees, a species that bites instead of stinging for self-defence, contains a variety of nutrients that could have multiple health benefits.

“Honey is a complete food in terms of energy, protein, vitamins, good bacteria and anti-oxidants,” said Dr Zulkifli. “Stingless bee honey can relieve inflammation due to bacterial infection, stress, obesity and aging as well as chronic diseases.”

He added that honey from stingless bees, also known as kelulut in Malay, had a uniquely sweet and sour taste with a flowery or fruity aroma.

Dr Zulkifli has written and published journal articles on the benefits of stingless bee honey, but also on the adulteration of these honey products with vinegar to mimic its taste.

He said around 4,000 breeders were working with USM’s application and commercial arm Brainey to produce authentic stingless bee honey to the general consumer.

“Strict quality control guarantees the authenticity and consistency of the honey,” he said.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...ey-sold-in-malaysia-is-artificial-says-expert

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this prof meant those honey sold by street peddlers. They all claim they got the honey from the jungle.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most (all) of the China and Matland honey are faked. Just corn syrup with colouring and favouring. Even their farmed bees are fed syrup to create ‘honey’ instead of naturally gathered nectar from flower

I only buy AMDK honey from Australia, Greece and USA.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most (all) of the China and Matland honey are faked. Just corn syrup with colouring and favouring. Even their farmed bees are fed syrup to create ‘honey’ instead of naturally gather nectar from flower

I only buy AMDK honey from Australia, Greece and USA.

I only buy good white man manuka honey from NZ. Nothing but the best for the Tan family.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My honey are from China.

I grew up drinking this. Once upon a time it was 'Cloud and Mountain Pure Honey'. Same product, same packaging.

5770d1_364d1ddb1a5f490e85a380157477f9bd~mv2.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amid claim that nine in 10 honey products are fake, Health Ministry says its monitoring shows only 6pc not up to standard
email
whatsapp
twitter
facebook
Amid claim that nine in 10 honey products are fake, Health Ministry says its monitoring shows only 6pc not up to standard
Following claims that nine in 10 honey sold in Malaysia are fake or artificial, the Health Ministry said actions have been taken against the products which did not fulfil its criteria and its manufacturers. — Picture by Shafwan Zaidon
Join us on our WhatsApp Channel, follow us on Instagram, and receive browser alerts for the latest news you need to know.
By Hajar Umira Md Zaki
Wednesday, 14 Feb 2024 1:43 PM MYT
KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 14 — The Health Ministry said its own monitoring of honey products in the market since 2016 found only nearly 6 per cent of them did not measure up to its standards.