• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEA is really too fucking free!! These bastards!!

SingaporeNINJA

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After wasting taxpayers money with their aimless household inspection for mosquitoes instead of tackling the source of mosquitoes breeding in drains and construction sites, etc and wasting taxpayers money to go after smokers to enforce their juvenile no smoking restrictions, now this!!!

Tray-return intiative to be launched at Tanglin Halt Market: NEA

20130224.121835_tray.jpg

AsiaOne
Sunday, Feb 24, 2013

SINGAPORE - Tanglin Halt Market will be the ninth hawker centre to join the tray-return intiative, announced the National Environment Agency (NEA) today.

Its intiative that was piloted at eight hawker centres have achieved a success rate between 60 and 70 per cent since its launch in Nov last year.

NEA added that the tray-return system will be implemented at the remaining 95 hawker centres in three phases.
The national rollout of the initiative is slated to kick start from the second half of this year.

The following is the statement from NEA in full:
Tanglin Halt Market, the ninth hawker centre under the tray return pilot launch, rolled out its tray-return initiative today. The tray return initiative aims to encourage patrons to return their trays as an act of social graciousness and this helps create a cleaner dining environment for everyone at our hawker centres.
Overall, the tray-return initiative, piloted at eight hawker centres since November 2012, has been achieving tray-return rates ranging from 60 per cent to 70 per cent.

Extending tray return to other hawker centres
This pilot phase serves as the learning ground for the eventual national rollout of tray return, which is slated to kick start from the second half of this year. The tray-return system will be implemented at the remaining 95 hawker centres in three phases. NEA will continue to engage the various key stakeholders including the hawkers, cleaning contractors as well as various community volunteers so as to ensure sustained results will be achieved in the full rollout.

Beyond the hawker centres
As an act of social graciousness to create a cleaner dining environment, tray-return should not be confined to just being practiced in hawker centres. NEA is engaging food-court operators and fast-food chains to roll out the tray-return initiative at these outlets. More details will be released in the coming months.

Survey results:
No Hawker Centre Launch Dates Return Rates
1 Blk 726 Clementi West St 2 Mkt & FC 11 Nov 12 70%
2 Kallang Estate Mkt & FC 17 Nov 12 70%
3 Tampines St 11 Blk 137 Mkt & FC 24 Nov 12 70%
4 Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 Mkt & FC 8 Dec 12 60%
5 Tiong Bahru Mkt & FC 9 Dec 12 70%
6 Zion Rd Mkt & FC 9 Dec 12 60%
7 North Bridge Rd Mkt & FC 23 Dec 12 70%
8 Blk 254 Jurong East St 24 Mkt & FC 6 Jan 13 60%

<tbody>
</tbody>

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is an excellent cause and I would like to thank the NEA for spearheading the campaign.

NEA is an asset to the whole country. You have to live outside Singapore for a couple of years in order to appreciate the good work that the NEA does on an ongoing basis.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
such thing only work with first world countries citizens, not the sinkies.

I would, if I may, graciously disagree.

In first world countries, well, there is a value chain from start to finish, for example, when you request the patrons to return the trays, you also negotiate with the landlord and stall-holders how to distribute the cost savings to everyone involved. There will always be a cost of action and a return on equity, for everything. Food prices increase and you keep the excess profits due to cost savings for yourself and your expect patrons to sacrifice while you laugh to the bank? We not stupid. Nothing to do with first world or third world. In fact, only in third world countries like Singapore, you can humiliate and intimidate people to swallow unreasonable policies without cause for redress or compensation.

SingaporeNINJA

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is an excellent cause and I would like to thank the NEA for spearheading the campaign.

NEA is an asset to the whole country. You have to live outside Singapore for a couple of years in order to appreciate the good work that the NEA does on an ongoing basis.

You do not compare Singapore to India or Myammar, etc, if that is what you're implying. You should compare what NEA does to what the taxpayers are paying it to do. Or we will vote the policy makers out. Mark my words. Come 2016, NEA will be collecting their own trays after their last meals.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I predict some NEA employee will get smacked on the head with a tray in the not-too-distant future. :wink:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng believes those NEA taygoo will stand there in their uniform to summun those who refused to return trays or anyhow puff. :biggrin:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. They should spent more time catching those FT litterbugs. I see lots of litter after every weekends in open field.. During weekends, there were occupied by FT sitting on newspapers.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try not to use tray.

Save some job for your old Singaporeans whom last time work as "Tow Chiu" now work as cleaners.
Best of all; our so call foreign talent Ah Thiong are fighting with them for this very low salary job.

How I wish some our minister work as a cleaner for 1 full day and collect $27. Or $2.7/hour.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just take note, after this return tray exercise, some smart aleck will kpkb, costs are up because need to comply with NEA new regulations - new tray system, new tray return trolleys, new washing system, etc. There will come another price increase.

By the way, did you all also notice that in the run up to the CNY 2013, some food court vendors like NTUC Foodfare and Kopitiam Group have arbitarily increased their prices by at least 10%?, reasons being, CNY coming, short of staff, busiest festive season for the year, costs going up, etc.

Now CNY over officially tonight, bet that the prices will remain 10% or more up before CNY 2013.

Used to be hawkers increase their prices only near to mid year or year end salary increase/bonus. Now every damn change in regulations is an excuse for price increase without justifications. WTF.

Any economist able to tell if Singapore has exceeded the Swiss costs of living already?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would, if I may, graciously disagree.

In first world countries, well, there is a value chain from start to finish, for example, when you request the patrons to return the trays, you also negotiate with the landlord and stall-holders how to distribute the cost savings to everyone involved. There will always be a cost of action and a return on equity, for everything. Food prices increase and you keep the excess profits due to cost savings for yourself and your expect patrons to sacrifice while you laugh to the bank? We not stupid. Nothing to do with first world or third world. In fact, only in third world countries like Singapore, you can humiliate and intimidate people to swallow unreasonable policies without cause for redress or compensation.

well said. later power back will up u.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those bastard running the hawker and food courts want to save money by hiring less cleaners. To do that, they want patrons to return trays to reduce the workload.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is just the beginning to one of their sinister conspiracy.

later they shall impose fines on those who don't return their crockeries onto the trays.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it. What's so despicable and wasteful about returning your own tray?

Don't return, complain. Cleaners are slow, it's unhygenic, no place to sit.
Return, complain. No service! Waste money!

People don't feel ashamed always getting spoonfed like that?

Last edited:

Sentinel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it. What's so despicable and wasteful about returning your own tray?

Don't return, complain. Cleaners are slow, it's unhygenic, no place to sit.
Return, complain. No service! Waste money!

People don't feel ashamed always getting spoonfed like that?

Hv you been fed on shit all your pathetic life? If you want me to return tray, then I insist on a 20% discount on the bill.

There is no free lunch.

Already, this self-service nonsense is exploitative if the hawker food prices keep sky-rocketing. Now this?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We don't want to be reminded of mealtimes in prison, in camp or in school.

You have hired employees to clear the tables, you jolly well let them work.

I don't buy the 'gracious society' horseshit for one minute. There's something more nefarious to this agenda.

Vivian Balakrishnan should be shot for this nonsense.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hv you been fed on shit all your pathetic life? If you want me to return tray, then I insist on a 20% discount on the bill.

There is no free lunch.

Already, this self-service nonsense is exploitative if the hawker food prices keep sky-rocketing. Now this?

Haha, 20% to carry your tray for 10 meters on the way out of the food centre. Let cleaners do the cleaning instead of carrying things around.
What if you wash your own dishes, another 30%? Bring your own plates, free food?

I don't buy the 'gracious society' horseshit for one minute. There's something more nefarious to this agenda.

People in Singapore would be so much happier if they stop seeing government conspiracy everywhere and get upset over such pathetic little things.

Last edited: