• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

National servicemen killed in line of duty over the years

i doubt that.....u honestly think the white horse company of whiter than white politics are allowed to even be exposed to the slightest mortal danger?hundreds of sinkie grunts and test subjects would have died before any contaminated soil is given to the prince of KFC.

Sam makes it sound as if Patrick Tan was studying Ebola or the Hanta virus

This was extremely lethal soil bacteria! :eek:

In 2004, 15 Singaporeans died in one outbreak alone. It had the potential to be an even bigger pandemic than bubonic plague. If it wasn't for the selfless efforts of Dr Patrick Tan, half of Singapore could have been wiped out.

i know...i know...patrick tan is a very selfless person just like any jealous good old cronies of lky...correct?:confused:

This was extremely lethal soil bacteria! :eek:

In 2004, 15 Singaporeans died in one outbreak alone. It had the potential to be an even bigger pandemic than bubonic plague. If it wasn't for the selfless efforts of Dr Patrick Tan, half of Singapore could have been wiped out.

i know...i know...patrick tan is a very selfless person just like any jealous good old cronies of lky...correct?:confused:

Without the sacrifices of people like Dr Patrick Tan, Singapore would not the great country that it is today.

cocobobo

1968 [Source]

First reported training death in October 1968. In that incident, Recruit Allen Tan Chong Huat, 19, was stung by hornets in the Chua Chu Kang forest. He was rushed to Taman Jurong Camp but there was no doctor on duty there ( military doctors then clocked an 8am to 5pm shift). What’s more, the garrison’s ambulance was out on another call. So Recruit Tan’s officers rushed him to the main road to flag down a passing vehicle. It took an hour to get him to hospital.

1985-1986*[Source]
*RSAF accidents (in which pilots ejected):*1986 TA-4 off Tengah, 1986 Hunter Philippines, 1985 A-4 off Tengah, 1985 A-4 in Philippines

April 1984*[Source]
Three SAF soldiers died over a span of 10 days. Recruit Sim Keat Kee, 19, collapsed after a 2km run. Lieutenant Koh Meah Wan, 23, was killed during an exercise at Sungei Gedong. And Recruit Bak Yow Hock, 17, died at the School of Naval Training.

Jan 1987*[Source]
The SAF’s deadliest accident took place on Jan 24, 1987, when six lives were lost in a helicopter crash. Staff Sergeant Goh Kim Loong, Corporal Ramiya Mohan, Lieutenants Ng Soon Hup, Siow Poh Guan and Wee Tong Leong and Captain Lakbir Singh died after an air force UH-1H Huey crashed 14 nautical miles south-east of Brunei International Airport.

All NS deaths prior to 1997 are largely unreported from the PAP Government, SAF and state-controlled media.

1997*[Source]
2 un-named NSFs were killed when their FH-2000 155mm heavy artillery gun blew up in New Zealand because of a defective Made in China fuze. One NSF was killed in Singapore after an unexploded warhead from a misfired Armbrust light anti-tank weapon picked up by infantrymen blew up. Five others were injured, including a Lieutenant who lost his arm.

2001 [Source]
April 06: Mr Loke Meng (1WO Navy), 49 yrs old, collapsed during 2.4km run, cause of death*undisclosed
Oct 29: Mr Kwok Wei Ming (CPL Commandos), collapsed in camp, cause of death*undisclosed

2002*[Source]
Feb 25: Mr Tan Kim Keng (Officer cadet OCS), collapsed during Group Navigation Exercise, cause of death undisclosed
May 15: Mr Mohd Shahlan bin Abdul Rahim (LCP Reservist), 32 yrs old, collapsed during IPPT, cause of death undisclosed
Oct 10: Mr Ivan Ho Yong Hua (REC BMTC), 22 yrs old, found unconscious at training ground, cause of death undisclosed

2003*[Source 1,*Source 2]
Jan 3: Miss Goh Hui Ling (CPL Navy), 22 yrs old, RSS Courageous collision, death: “lodged in between bunks”
Jan 3: Miss Heng Sock Ling (1SG Navy), 24 yrs old, RSS Courageous collision, death: “mutilated bodies washed up in Bintan”
Jan 3: Miss Seah Ai Leng (1SG Navy), 25 yrs old, RSS Courageous collision, death: “mutilated bodies washed up in Bintan”
Jan 3: Miss Chua Bee Lin (2SG Navy), ?, RSS Courageous collision, MIA: “body never found”
July 21: Mr Hu En Huai (2SG Commandos), 19 yrs old, Combat Survival Training, death: asphyxia, forced water treatment by trainers
Sept 03: Mr Rajagopal Thirukumaran (2SG Commandos), 25 yrs old, 5km run during Ranger Selection Test, (Postulated) Sudden Cardiac Arrhythmia
Sept 23: Mr Andrew Chew Heng Huat (REC BMTC), 20 yrs old, IPPT,*(Postulated) Sudden Cardiac Arrhythmia

2005*[Source]
June 22: Mr Tek Kok Lian (2WO, ?), 39 yrs old, Routine run, Cardiac Arrest
June 29: Mr Ivan Ong Peng Ghee (3SG BMTC), 19 yrs old, Informal run
July 14: Mr Shiva s/o Mohan (1SG Commandos), 24 yrs old, (Rappelling Instructor Course, fell 20m from heli)

2006*[Source]
Feb 1: Mr Mohd Sufian Jamil (REC BMTC), 18 yrs old, Liver and organ failure after injection of anti-malaria drug Maloprim
June 21: Mr Lionel Lin Shi Guan (LTA Commandos) Training at pool, cause of death undisclosed
Sept 18: Mr Ambrose Yeo Chang Wen (PTE HQ supply and transport), found unconscious, cause of death undisclosed
Nov 17: Mr Tan Boon Toon (2WO Senior Tech, ?, reported sick for chest pain, cause of death undisclosed

2007*[Source 1,*Source 2,*Source 3,*Source 4]
May 11: Mr Fan Yao Jin (PTE storeman), 23 yrs old, Taiwan plane crashed into store
May 11: Mr Isz Sazli Bin Sapari (3SG storeman), 19 yrs old, Taiwan plane crashed into store)
May 28: Mr Calvin Chow Han Min (LCP storeman), 19 yrs old, Taiwan plane crashed into store, died from severe burns
June 15: Mr Quek Meng Chua (Senior DXO, Treadmill), cause of death undisclosed
Aug 26, 7am: Mr*Ho Si Qiu (Captain, OCS), collapsed during Safra Sheares Bridge Run and Army Half Marathon
Nov 15: Mr Ricky Liu Jun Hong (CPL, RSAF), 20 yrs old, collapsed during 2.4km run, cause of death undisclosed

2008*[Source 1,*Source 2]
Feb 02: Mr Tan Yit Guan (MAJ, Logistics), 41 yrs old, collapsed during run, death undisclosed
June 10: Mr Andrew Cheah Wei Siong (REC, BMTC Mild-Obese), collapsed during 2km route march, death undisclosed
June 12: Mr Clifton Lam Jia Hao (Officer Cadet/pilot trainee, Airforce) collapsed during 2km walk,*cause of*death undisclosed

2009 [Source 1,*Source 2,*Source 3,*Source 4,*Source 5]
9.51am 13 March, Mr Lim Kian Hong (2WO, ?), 52 yrs old, collapsed during 2.4km run
9.49am 17 April, Mr P. Jegathesan (MWO, ?) 45 yrs old, collapsed during 3km run
7.24pm 24 April, Mr Poh Eng Ann, (2WO, RSAF), 36 yrs old, found unconscious in a flight crew room at the Paya Lebar Air Base, cause of death undisclosed
20 May, Mr Tan Poh Eng, (1WO, Commando), 53 yrs old, free-fall training accident
15 June, Mr Ang Joo Pin (1SG), 30 yrs old, found motionless in his bunk at a Taiwanese military facility, cause of death undisclosed
3 July, Mr Nicholas Chan Wei Kit (2LTA, Motor Transport), pinned by reversing Land Rover
15 November, Mr Chee Zhi Hao (LTA, RSAF), 21 yrs old, highway road accident in Florida, USA
21 November, Mr Mar Teng Fong (LCP, Navy), 20 yrs old, trapped in between hydraulic door and door frame on a ship RSS Resistance

No deaths reported.

2011 [Source 1,*Source 2,*Source 3]
28 January, Mr Eugin Wee Yong Choon (LCP, Signal), hit by truck while unloading stores
11 June, Mr Edi Toh Tze Wah, (MAJ, Air Defense Operations and Commands), collapsed during 2.4km run, cause of death undisclosed
2 August, Mr Ee Chun Sheng, (SCT, SISPEC), 21 yrs old, found unconscious during navigation training at Ama Keng Training Area at Lim Chu Kang, cause of death undisclosed

2012 [Source 1,*Source 2,*Source 3,*Source 4,*Source 5,*Source 6]
9.40am 11 January, Mr Li Hong Yang, (CPL, 62 Combat Service Support Battalion), 28 yrs old, collapsed during IPPT training at Kranji Camp 3, cause of death undisclosed
5.30pm 15 March, Mr Amirul Syahmi Bin Kamal, (PTE, 3rd Battalion Guards), 20 yrs old, found unconscious in a toilet at Bedok Camp, cause of death undisclosed
2.05pm 17 April, Mr Dominique Sarron Lee Rui Feng, (PTE, 3rd Singapore Infantry Regiment), lost unconscious during platoon exercise at Murai Urban Training Facility at Lim Chu Kang
1.56pm 11 May, Mr Tan Mou Sheng (3SG, ?), 20 yrs old, jeep overturned in Marsiling training area
12 August, Mr Muhammad Fahrurrazi Salim, (LCP, ?) 20 yrs old, drowned in a river at Brunei, Temburong training area
11.50am 27 Sep, Mr Tan Tai Seng, (LCP, 63 CSSB) 23 yrs old, hit by a falling tree, Ama Keng training area at Lim Chu Kang

i didnt know NS in SPF is not considered national service.
If it is, can add 9 names to the list, killed in line of duty.

1977 April Commando batch. 5th coy. The jinxed coy. 5 recruits died during BMT. Two in three tonner accident. 3 in overturned boat accident.

Sniper reservist back from university break to serve. Can't remember the date. Died after getting struck by lightning while taking shelter in chicken coop along Mandai pipeline.

!977 end. 7th Brigade Signals NCO. Indian. Nice chap. Like all signalers, loved picking up abandoned cables out of curiosity. In the Chao Chu Kang cemetery, picked up one that was live and got zapped -99999999999999999 rep points and was permanently banned from living.

are these people given a state burial?with singapore flag draped over their coffin and istana guards contigent as coffin bearers and SAF military band playing taps?

[video=youtube;Wn_iz8z2AGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw[/video]

blackmore

And suicide. My school mate commited suicide during NS. Im sure there a many suicide cases unreported.

Another suicide case

In ITD in July 1988 Bravo Coy; Obese platoon; fella drank insecticide before book in;came in to bunk mouth foaming then gone.

In 35 SCE, 1990 Recruit commit suicide in bunk or toilet can't remember exactly now.

Another suicide case

In ITD in July 1988 Bravo Coy; Obese platoon; fella drank insecticide before book in;came in to bunk mouth foaming then gone.

In 35 SCE, 1990 Recruit commit suicide in bunk or toilet can't remember exactly now.

Both were obviously losers. Good riddance I say.

will you say that for every one who commits suicide?

Pretty much. However, I make an exception for those with terminal illnesses. Being in the position that I am in, I can well understand why a person would like to end things a bit more quickly rather than extend the suffering.

yellowarse

However, I make an exception for those with terminal illnesses. Being in the position that I am in, I can well understand why a person would like to end things a bit more quickly rather than extend the suffering.

What terminal illness do you have, pray tell? HIV? (Thinking of your BKK consultations.)

what 5% ? the whole thing will collapse 100%. singapore soldiers is u chiong 1st, u chiong then i chiong.when i went back for reservist armour camp, on the last day out process, they ask all the reservists to do a Anonymous survey, asking shit like do u have confident when war break out? do u have confident in logistic? do u have confident in your company's co?lol . i overheard one guy next to me doing survey, he say something like' of coz fill in all good lah, wanna do or not is difference thing'.

so i ask u are u willing to fight along side with this person?

anonymous survey still scare to write the truth? that NSman really useless.

the trainers very scare reservists' survey result as it affect their kpi. even the cookhouse need to kio tolong when reservists give lousy rating on food. no need to give face to ATC. Gaga whack inside survey.

KNNBXCB

anonymous survey still scare to write the truth? that NSman really useless.

the trainers very scare reservists' survey result as it affect their kpi. even the cookhouse need to kio tolong when reservists give lousy rating on food. no need to give face to ATC. Gaga whack inside survey.

Cookhouse food only good on the day there is survey. Most of the time, I eat at the canteen.

cookhouse food everyday need to give rating. my last 2 ICTs, many in the battalion give lousy rating until the cookhouse in charge (ex regular) stand beside the rating machine to scare the reservists. bloody idiot as reservists not even scare of camp rsm so no one give a shit to this ex regular and keep pressing the lousy button till this idiot had shouting match with us reservists. Nothing against the cookhouse staff but reservists give lousy rating because SFI cut corners and food really not up to scratch.

ATC canteen CMI, only the malay stall food is good. the Chinese stall food msg laden. At night order pizzas and chicken to collect via the main gate better.:biggrin:

I witness to stupid saf cockup that led to a scholarship holder having his brain fry due to heat exhaustion and heli-evac to sgh. nobody was punish as saf declare accident but the recruit already voiced out not feeling well during fall in but kenna accuse of chao keng and force to do PT. bmt sgt return M16 with live round in chamber, which fire off inside armskote as the armskote assistant press trigger on every M16 on the rack, blow a hole in the wall. lucky nobody standing in front of the M16 and behind that wall.

training in armour really live by the knife edge as accidents happen all the time. M113 drove in the reservoir in high speed which result in 4 out of the 8 crew enter NUH A&E. Driver misjudged the muddy condition and pivot into the longkang. drove into a deep tiger trap in kanchanburi and nearly overturn. SM1 again nearly overturn after driver drove into the ditch at the side of the track. the above are just some of the incidents I experience or witness during nsf in gedong, proof to me beyond reasonable doubts that the stupid saf overturning drill is useless. we didn't have the time to even shout vehicle overturn in each of the above accidents happened.

I witness to stupid saf cockup that led to a scholarship holder having his brain fry due to heat exhaustion and heli-evac to sgh. nobody was punish as saf declare accident but the recruit already voiced out not feeling well during fall in but kenna accuse of chao keng and force to do PT. bmt sgt return M16 with live round in chamber, which fire off inside armskote as the armskote assistant press trigger on every M16 on the rack, blow a hole in the wall. lucky nobody standing in front of the M16 and behind that wall.

training in armour really live by the knife edge as accidents happen all the time. M113 drove in the reservoir in high speed which result in 4 out of the 8 crew enter NUH A&E. Driver misjudged the muddy condition and pivot into the longkang. drove into a deep tiger trap in kanchanburi and nearly overturn. SM1 again nearly overturn after driver drove into the ditch at the side of the track. the above are just some of the incidents I experience or witness during nsf in gedong, proof to me beyond reasonable doubts that the stupid saf overturning drill is useless. we didn't have the time to even shout vehicle overturn in each of the above accidents happened.

SM1 tank overturn drill works. I have seen it work. It saved the life of a tank commander I know. When it doesn't work, means the TC not alert to his situation. The tank usually starts to change angle, and than it becomes more rapid until its not recoverable and it overturns. Its not usually a very sudden split second thing. If the TC is not alert, than he is usually the one that pays for it with his life. i heard of one case where the TC's torso was severed when the AMX-13 overturned and the commander's hatch ring overturned on his torso. Usually driver and gunner are ok, even when the driver is driving hatch open.