• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Naive to expect IRs to give priority to Singaporeans in job applications

sheryllim

Alfrescian
Loyal
I refer to the letter written by Tan Shao Ken entitled “IR jobs: Are Singaporeans being given priority?” (read letter here)

Mr Tan wrote that Singaporeans must have priority and right of refusal and the Government and the IRs must work to ensure that Singaporeans who are qualified and want a job with the IRs get one.

Mr Tan was referring to the recent uproar in cyberspace over IR jobs going to foreigners. He had the impression that the IRs will create many jobs for Singaporeans.

I am afraid that Mr Tan, like many others before him, has been misled by the mainstream media which had overhyped the recent recruitment drives of the two IRs.

To put it bluntly, the IRs are never meant to create jobs for Singaporeans in the first place. The Singapore government needs the IRs to provide an additional source of revenue for their coffers through taxation and the two consortiums who won the right to build the IRs just want to maximize their profits.

If we take these business considerations into context, there is no reason for either the government or the IRs to give priorities to Singaporeans in job applications.

Besides Filipinos, the IRs are also actively recruiting staff from Taiwan and Malaysia according to insider sources. Filipinos are highly prized for their command of the English language while Taiwanese and Malaysian Chinese are willing to work for long hours with few complaints (I quote a HR manager here)

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=7815

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those were the days many religious bodies and social institutions were objecting to the IR project. It was the govt who pormised and begged to proceed the two IRs on the pretext of creating jobs for Singaporean. Looking back, we were fooled again and that promise was never deliver. PAP has betrayed not only the citizens, but also many other respectable establishments in Singapore. Can this type of govt be trusted and look to support? I let you guys think about it.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those were the days many religious bodies and social institutions were objecting to the IR project. It was the govt who pormised and begged to proceed the two IRs on the pretext of creating jobs for Singaporean. Looking back, we were fooled again and that promise was never deliver. PAP has betrayed not only the citizens, but also many other respectable establishments in Singapore. Can this type of govt be trusted and look to support? I let you guys think about it.

Dirty Harry's respond:
It's Sinkies fault, the jobs are here, but you all do not have the skills to match, so I have no choice but to import FT.

Sweepers goes to Balanga
Waiters goes to Pinos
Dealers goes to Honkies
Managers goes to Ang moh

What can Sinkies do??? Ah Long??

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with you myfoot.

Unfortunately the 66.6% does not wish to think.

Now when confronted with this blatant lie, I wonder if the 66.6% will rethink. Unfortunately, probably not.