• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Vid Tribute To JB Jeyaretnam

pro2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ig4SjrOJREc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ig4SjrOJREc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thomas88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm also very sad to hear the passing of the one and only Greatest man in Singapore. He used to be rich and through the years of trying very hard to standup for the nation, he became a poor man. For those who've been through the years when he was a MP in Anson will know of his fighting spirit.

You can never find a second man (not even close) who can do what he has did. He has my greatest respect and I'll pray for him. His fighting spirit will be a Legend here and he shall not be forgotten as I'll tell my grandchildren about this Great man.

chongb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the vid tribute. For someone who has followed the local polictics for the last 30 years, Yes JB is a great man. I bought his book at Change Alley many years ago and he signed the cover for me. I still remember him vividly. I have read it once and I will read it again.He suffered much for what he believed is good for singaporean and for that he was punished harshly by the government. It is sad day for many thoughtful singaporean.

I cry in my heart and I priased that his soul rest in peace.

T

tango

Singapore has lost a great man. I heard the news with great sadness and surprise; I had thought the older lee kuan yew would die first. Having lost everything during his tireless struggle, it is unfortunate that Mr. Jeyaretnam did not even have the satisfaction of seeing that happen.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let us honour him by bestowing on the honorific, "The Lion of Singapore."

In short time to come, we should bestow on another, "The Liar of Singapore."

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has lost a great man. I heard the news with great sadness and surprise; I had thought the older lee kuan yew would die first. Having lost everything during his tireless struggle, it is unfortunate that Mr. Jeyaretnam did not even have the satisfaction of seeing that happen.
i think he's already seen some results, just that the results werent apparent to myopic critics.

1. he was the 1st opposition MP in parliament
  2. despite being backed down over many occasions, he made a come back
  3. new oppositions surfaced & started earning seats in parliament
  4. we saw increase in contests for wards & GRCs in GEs after
  5. we saw oppostions securing their wards during GEs after
  6. we saw increased contests for GRCs in the recent GE
  7. he came back with a new party despite his age

though many may say that his work was not complete.... well, in our finite yrs of expectance, nobody's job is ever complete when we're called to rest (especially in a case of sudden death).

his style of opposition may not be appreciated by all, perhaps lacked certain angle of appeal for many.... bt facts will remain as facts. every individual has his own brand of inclination.... n to each we should render due respect.

his contributions, though lack lustre.... but shall not be forgotten.