• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'My grandfather road' vandal arrested

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reason that someone WILL do the similiar thing in the near future is GUARANTEED!!

The 'follow-me' syndrome works here, in some cases. I recall killer litter cases in the past. Once a person kena and there is publicity, more will follow. Strange?

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
59bbb3e3-d896-4e1d-ba4b-a1c5ab425fa1_samlo3.jpg

8feb15e3-8abd-491e-b17c-861f757d8a0b_samlo.jpg

KarJuaKoon

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Sticker lady" and male accomplice plead guilty

Samantha Lo, or the "sticker lady", and her male accomplice have pleaded guilty to a string of mischief offences

samantha-lo-xin-hui-sticker-lady-533701.jpg

Samantha Lo Xin Hui arriving in court on March 26. (Photo: Alvina Soh, Channel NewsAsia)

SINGAPORE: Samantha Lo, dubbed "sticker lady" for a string of mischief offences including affixing stickers on various public properties, pleaded guilty in court Tuesday.

Her accomplice, 30-year-old Anthony Chong, also pleaded guilty.

Lo, 26, admitted to seven counts of mischief. The remaining eight charges were stood down.

Lo spray-painted the words "MY GRANDFATHER ROAD" on several roads between March and May 2012; the roads included Old Tampines Road, Telegraph Street, Maxwell Road, Robinson Road and Enggor Street.

She also pasted a sticker with the words "SO KANCHEONG FOR WHAT" on a pedestrian sign along Robinson Road in the early hours of 17 May 2012; "kancheong" is a Cantonese term for being anxious.

During mitigation her defence lawyer Philip Jeyaretnam said Lo's actions were motivated by "artistic sensibilities to promote art and culture”, and that her error was failing to get permission from the authorities for what she did.

He added that Lo accepted full responsibility for her actions and pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity.

Meanwhile, Lo's accomplice Anthony Chong pleaded guilty to three counts of offences.

Chong had acted as a lookout for Lo while she spray-painted Enggor Street and Telegraph Street on 17 May 2012.

During mitigation Chong's lawyer Kenneth Pereira described Chong as a talented artist who had made positive contributions to society, citing his art workshops at the Singapore Boys' Hostel as well as the he training provided to his Nanyang Polytechnic juniors.

District Judge Christopher Goh asked Lo and Chong's lawyers to submit three reports to the courts before the sentencing - a community service order report, a day reporting order report and a pre-sentencing report.

Both Lo and Chong are first-time offenders.

Their case will be heard again on May 8.

- CNA/jc

RedHat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sticker Lady driven by 'artistic sensibilities'

20130403.085102_st_sticker.jpg

By Adrian Lim
My Paper
Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013

SINGAPORE - The "Sticker Lady" was motivated by her "artistic sensibilities" when she committed offences such as spray-painting the words "My Grandfather Road" on several roads here, her lawyer said.

Senior Counsel Philip Jeyaretnam added that it was also Samantha Lo Xin Hui's desire to promote local art and culture through "street art" that led her to paste a sticker at a traffic-light junction.

Lo, 26, pleaded guilty in the Subordinate Courts yesterday to seven charges of mischief. Eight other charges were taken into consideration.

Mr Jeyaretnam told the court that his client, who is remorseful, will seek permission from the authorities in future and hopes to become a "role model" for responsible street art.

Lo's accomplice, Anthony Chong Tze Chen, 30, pleaded guilty to three of the eight charges he faced: two for abetting Lo and one for committing mischief.

On May 16 last year, Lo asked Chong to go "bombing" with her, the court heard. The term refers to the act of spray- painting graffiti.

Between that evening and the early hours of the next day, Lo spray-painted the words "My Grandfather Road" at four separate locations in Maxwell Road, Robinson Road and Telegraph Street. Lo also spray-painted the words "My Grandfather Building" on the exterior wall of the Realty Centre building in Enggor Street.

Chong, who acted as a lookout, admitted to two counts of abetting her, when she spray-painted the public road in Telegraph Street, and the Realty Centre's wall.

Lo and Chong later pasted a sticker with the caption "So Kancheong for What" on a pedestrian sign at a lamp post in Robinson Road.

In a separate incident in March last year, Lo also spray-painted the words "My Grandfather Road" on the public road in Old Tampines Road.

While sentences were not meted out by District Judge Christopher Goh yesterday, lawyers for both Lo and Chong proposed a community-service order as appropriate punishment.

Citing several factors, such as Lo having no ill intent, Mr Jeyaretnam said that community work in the public eye would be an appropriate punishment, and serve as a "signpost" to would-be street artists of the consequences of such actions.

He said she recently assisted non-profit organisation Singapore River One to set up a mural-art programme. This time, she received the required approval from the Land Transport Authority and the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

Lo received a letter of appreciation for her work, he added.

Chong's lawyer, Mr Kenneth Pereira, said that the offences committed by his client were not premeditated.

Chong has also previously used his artistic talent for positive purposes, such as conducting a workshop at the Singapore Boys' Hostel, he added.

Both Lo and Chong have made full restitution for their acts, their lawyers said.

Earlier reports said that the amount spent to remove the graffiti in Lo's case was $3,887, and $3,723 in Chong's case.

The judge said he would consider a Day Reporting Order - which typically involves an offender visiting a reporting centre regularly for supervision and counselling - when deciding on their sentences.

Their case will be heard again on May 8.