• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My good fren Gilbert Goh honour LKY 90th Birthday

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gilbert Goh: https://www.facebook.com/goh.gilbert?hc_location=stream

Today is Mr Lee Kuan Yew's birthday and I just want to wish you a great birthday ahead. I believe he is turning 90 years old and wish that all comments on this post be nice and gracious. I remembered bringing my ailing mum to vote during the GE 2011 and she kept repeating "I just wanna vote for Lee Kuan Yew" several times at the polling station. The hold he has on the elderly and babyboomers is still very real and captivating and why not as he has literally single-handedly transformed our small nation from a third world country to one that people envied worldwide. To my mum he is simply a hero and benefactor to many who struggled when we were cut off from Malaysia. Moreover, whenever I mentioned that I'm from Singapore, many indonesians look at me differently as if I came from another planet. The worldwide view of our country is one of admiration and envy.

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gilbert Goh is my good friend. we believe in forgive n forget. that y he honour lky 90 birthday. his past contribution to sg was remarkable.

Sadhu, sadhu.

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gilbert Goh is my good friend. we believe in forgive n forget. that y he honour lky 90 birthday. his past contribution to sg was remarkable.

Sadhu, sadhu.

Goh Meng Seng, my hardisk crash leh how ah? how to reformat without driver? paisey

Lau Goh "if got no Goh Meng Seng, then i worry!"

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Happy Birthday Mr Lee Kuan Yew, the man who transformed a third world squatter into a first world Singapore! Majulah Singapura!!!

lky_banner.JPG

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
10 years of curses and swearings
10 years of vitriole and hate
10 years of vulgarity and obscenity
10 years of continuous campaign of scorn
10 years of contempt and blame
10 years of ceaseless bombardments

the man today stands firm and resolute
the man today stands unvanquished and undefeated
the man today stands resolute and firm
the man today stands unruffled, unscathed and unrattled

he is no other than mr lee kuan yew
the best statesman singapore will have have
the best politician every opponent fears
the best leader every country will love to have
the best craftsman everyone will wish to employ

today at 90, mr lee kuan yew has earned the respect of the world
even his arch enemies respect him for his relentless energy
his endless care and concern for his brainchild Singapore
his life long contribution to the making of the modern Singapore is
worthy of emulation, worthy of cultivation, worthy of respect

he is the greatest and the best icon for Singapore
i wish mr lee kuan a very happy birthday
may you have many good ,happy and healthy years
i salute the greatest politician alive
i salute the greatest think tank alive
i salute a great , humble and compassionate man

Majulah Singapura!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Happy Birthday Mr Lee Kuan Yew....

lkybs1609e.jpg

...wish you good health and many good and happy years....

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
10 years of curses and swearings
10 years of vitriole and hate
10 years of vulgarity and obscenity
10 years of continuous campaign of scorn
10 years of contempt and blame
10 years of ceaseless bombardments

the man today stands firm and resolute
the man today stands unvanquished and undefeated
the man today stands resolute and firm
the man today stands unruffled, unscathed and unrattled

he is no other than mr lee kuan yew
the best statesman singapore will have have
the best politician every opponent fears
the best leader every country will love to have
the best craftsman everyone will wish to employ

today at 90, mr lee kuan yew has earned the respect of the world
even his arch enemies respect him for his relentless energy
his endless care and concern for his brainchild Singapore
his life long contribution to the making of the modern Singapore is
worthy of emulation, worthy of cultivation, worthy of respect

he is the greatest and the best icon for Singapore
i wish mr lee kuan a very happy birthday
may you have many good ,happy and healthy years
i salute the greatest politician alive
i salute the greatest think tank alive
i salute a great , humble and compassionate man

Majulah Singapura!!!

lky1609.JPG

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall a very enlightening piece contributed by fren Scoobal:

"A brilliant individual, a visionary and gifted with superior logic. With these attributes he more than anyone shaped the country and its people. He controlled the space and the people who wanted to play in that space. He set the rules and changed it when it suited him. He did not see or accept boundaries but expected it of others. With that superior logic, he cajoled, argued, influenced and persuaded people in and out of the country to see his way. And most did. Where they did not, they paid a heavy price. In time he could not distinguish the country from himself and himself from the country. He genuinely thought they were one and the same. And the people mattered little if any.

In all these, one thing he never forgot and it remains to this day his most prominent characteristic - looking after his family. For a man who waged a war on corruption and made it a Singapore trait he chose to be blind to nepotism, frequently couching it as meritocracy and exacting a toll on others who disputed him. He did not understand or cared that his family were given roles and accesses beyond their right and their capability. He saw no wrong and his superior logic which was used to convince others was used by him to convince himself that he was right.

Despite his contribution to the nation that we grudgingly admit, his legacy will be one based on fear and intimidation, circumventing the spirit of the law, making a mockery of democracy and abusing the word "meritocracy". He spent the first 25 years building a nation and the next 25 years seeing it fall apart in spirit and as a nation. It will continue as an economy and it will continue to be model of efficiency and innovative public policy management but not as nation but as SIngapore Inc. The best road, the best sewerage systems, the most efficient land use, the best gardens, first rate medical expertise, high hygiene, the world best airport, the largest seaport and many more but it is a personal and family journey as he has asked the rest of us to get off a long time ago."

Hard Truth