• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My crystal ball says National Stadium will be renamed..........in 2014....

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah typical PAP tricks,,,but one thing is the stadium should just be renamed National Stadium,,,its meant to be Singaporean Neutral ground,,be it what Political party takes control of singapore,,,if its called LKY stadium etc,,,it will become a source of anger and injustice,,,as everyone will spit when going in and out,,,

And it will cost millions again just to rename the stadium :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah typical PAP tricks,,,but one thing is the stadium should just be renamed National Stadium,,,its meant to be Singaporean Neutral ground,,be it what Political party takes control of singapore,,,if its called LKY stadium etc,,,it will become a source of anger and injustice,,,as everyone will spit when going in and out,,,

I don't think it'll be called the LKY stadium. What's more likely to happen is those twits decide to pay homage to the man by issuing a new set of Singapore dollar notes with his face printed on the. You open your wallet and see his face staring back at you... yucks. :mad:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that one is bo pian one,,up to Pap to decide on the design of the currency,,but I do hope if the oppos win,,a period of 'De LKYnisation' will occur and that his name will be more tarnished than it already is,,,just like the way Stalin and Hitler is viewed,,but from wat i see in Russia,,,Stalin is like being rehabilitated by the hardliners,,despite what he has done and the amount of people he has killed,,,guess the evil still have their supporters

I don't think it'll be called the LKY stadium. What's more likely to happen is those twits decide to pay homage to the man by issuing a new set of Singapore dollar notes with his face printed on the. You open your wallet and see his face staring back at you... yucks. :mad:

Goldeneye

Alfrescian
Loyal
To begin with only despotic regimes following the Communist-style choose the names of "Ex-Comrades"

Look at the Europeans. They don't follow such childish practices

Really? How do you think the names of most rivers, towns, States etc in Oz, US, etc came about?

India renamed Bombay (Mumbai), Madras (Chennai), Calcutta (Kolkata), Trivandrum (Thiruvanthapuram), Cochin to Kochi, Bangalore to Bangaluru, etc...

None of those are renaming, that is how these places were known and pronounced in local lingo... only transliteration change, like kimpo becoming gimpo in Korea.

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bt brown will be renamed Lee Kwan Yew new town. Changi airport new terminal four will be renamed lky terminal.

In fact the father and son are never shy about lending their names to awards, schools and such even when they are still alive. No sense of humility in this familee.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe will still call National Stadium with the main wing call LKY stand :eek: