• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mustaffa is now larger

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
size matters? ... izit betta? ... :confused:

Yes, now they have more room to spread out. I think it is an improvement.

I could never understand why the old wing which was more cramped was more popular than the newer wing along Serangoon Rd :confused:

They are still moving to the new wing much of it is still unoccupied & incomplete.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their foam and gel are about 40% cheaper than market price. Amazing.

I bought some shaving gear & they have the best prices

Gillete M3 Power costs $16.90, at Watson it's $19.50
Gillette shaving foam 418g bottle(it's a large bottle:eek:) cost only $3.80. Price would have been cheaper if I'd bought more bottles but it's a big bottle. Currently still using the 175g bottle of Gillette foam which has lasted for 1+ year.

Their Ivory shampoos, bath creams are about $1+ cheaper than Watson. They also offer a wider selection of brands & selection at a better price than elsewhere.

We have many foreigners shopping at Mustaffa, even Sporeans have caught on to the savings available there :smile: However be careful with your wallets, my mother had her purse stolen by a pick pocket :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Check the products' expiry date while in Mustaffa. I once bought an item that expired 6 months before I bought!! Lucky for me, it was below $10. I threw it away.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The owner of mustafa is a real oddball. His products are genuine and he does not tolerate fakes. More interestingly he deals with authorised dealers and seldom with parallel importers. This guy does not even behave like a businessman. His conversations are short - "take it or leave it" . Also a hot tempered bugger. I recall the other departments stores such a Metro and comppany try to pressure the suppliers not to deal with Mustafa's but with no luck. UOB and HSBC are his bankers and we are talking about millions in loans and they try not to upset him.

His cost is very low as he hires FTs from Malaysia and India and his maintenance is bascially is not existent. It is also a fire hazard.

If you know your product, that is the cheapest place in god's green earth. In essence his philosophy is lowest price, highest volume, little or no service, no marketing, etc.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is from india or bangladesh i think..... whatever he is doing, it works. There is even a counter that sells Montblanc products at a corner where it's sooo non eye-catching. But i know for a fact that to get such a counter in-store and keep it there must meet a certain amount of sales, so i guess many rich indians go there support him.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought some shaving gear & they have the best prices

Gillete M3 Power costs $16.90, at Watson it's $19.50
Gillette shaving foam 418g bottle(it's a large bottle:eek:) cost only $3.80. Price would have been cheaper if I'd bought more bottles but it's a big bottle. Currently still using the 175g bottle of Gillette foam which has lasted for 1+ year.

Their Ivory shampoos, bath creams are about $1+ cheaper than Watson. They also offer a wider selection of brands & selection at a better price than elsewhere.

We have many foreigners shopping at Mustaffa, even Sporeans have caught on to the savings available there :smile: However be careful with your wallets, my mother had her purse stolen by a pick pocket :biggrin:

Yeah, the toiletries are cheapest. i get my large head and shoulders shampoo 750ml from them and it costs $8.90. Same thing in shop and save $12+....

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, the toiletries are cheapest. i get my large head and shoulders shampoo 750ml from them and it costs $8.90. Same thing in shop and save $12+....

It's about $5 USD in USA.
You can't beat the prices here since the technology, patents and formula originate from US.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i concur...

anyway when you shop at a place where its main clientele are stingy whiny demanding buggers, you can't go wrong...

also i was looking for a classic casio watch recently... the 80s black retro ones...

other watch shops selling them for more than $20.... found them at mustafa for $12, with one year warranty.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyway when you shop at a place where its main clientele are stingy whiny demanding buggers, you can't go wrong...

Yes, they have a very discerning customer base :biggrin:

In Batam some travel companies are offering shopping excursions to Mustaffa:smile: I don't know about India but with the number of Indian tourists going to Mustaffa I wouldn't be surprised if there travel packages offered to that place :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I bought a super single bed sheet, 450 thread count, from Mustaffa for only $50 :eek: That's a very good price, better than what was available at Aussino, Robinson, Metro, .....

So it's worth the time to explore that place, you never know what bargains you'll find :smile:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The owner of mustafa is a real oddball. His products are genuine and he does not tolerate fakes. More interestingly he deals with authorised dealers and seldom with parallel importers. This guy does not even behave like a businessman. His conversations are short - "take it or leave it" . Also a hot tempered bugger. I recall the other departments stores such a Metro and comppany try to pressure the suppliers not to deal with Mustafa's but with no luck. UOB and HSBC are his bankers and we are talking about millions in loans and they try not to upset him.

If you know your product, that is the cheapest place in god's green earth. In essence his philosophy is lowest price, highest volume, little or no service, no marketing, etc.

His success philosophy is not on his lowest price, or highest volume. Boils down to this attitude. Good guys finish last, so his attitude makes him successful. Those who dealt with him, either have to endure or have to get out.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

His cost is very low as he hires FTs from Malaysia and India and his maintenance is bascially is not existent. It is also a fire hazard.

I thot that OCBC were his backers?

Remember the OCBC TV ad featuring Mr Mutaq Ahmad?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His success philosophy is not on his lowest price, or highest volume. Boils down to this attitude. Good guys finish last, so his attitude makes him successful. Those who dealt with him, either have to endure or have to get out.

Some years back they tried to have do online business, kena scam by internet fraud left right and center.......lost millions.

It about time they build a new wing, they were getting fined by SCDF and URA until cannot tahan.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
They opened a bank here in Cambodia and I think it is closed this year. Rumours has it it's used for laundering $$$.

I said rumours.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, they have a very discerning customer base :biggrin:

In Batam some travel companies are offering shopping excursions to Mustaffa:smile: I don't know about India but with the number of Indian tourists going to Mustaffa I wouldn't be surprised if there travel packages offered to that place :rolleyes:

Mustaffa is indeed well-known in India. Chances are Mustaffa is more known than Nathan, Tharman, Shanmugam put together. You ask an Indian national roaming the streets in Little India and they 100% of the time can direct you to Mustaffa.

You mention Nathan, Shanmugam or Tharman and these Indian nationals will think those names mentioned were illegal immigrants or overstayers you are looking for.

Mustaffa vs MIW? Mustaffa win by 1st round TKO.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mustaffa is indeed well-known in India. Chances are Mustaffa is more known than Nathan, Tharman, Shanmugam put together. You ask an Indian national roaming the streets in Little India and they 100% of the time can direct you to Mustaffa.

You mention Nathan, Shanmugam or Tharman and these Indian nationals will think those names mentioned were illegal immigrants or overstayers you are looking for.

You mention these names to Singaporeans and many would be clueless as well, thinking you're a contractor looking for workers. :eek: :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought a super single bed sheet, 450 thread count, from Mustaffa for only $50 :eek: That's a very good price, better than what was available at Aussino, Robinson, Metro, .....

So it's worth the time to explore that place, you never know what bargains you'll find :smile:

600 thread count egyptian cotton cal king bedsheet set of 1 bedsheet, 1 bedcover and 2 pillow shams selling at marshalls in milpitas great mall for usd29.99. beats mustaffa anytime.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mention these names to Singaporeans and many would be clueless as well, thinking you're a contractor looking for workers. :eek: :biggrin:

Hahahahaha..................... You are the can ............

These three workers cost a bomb. Only the PAP Contractor Pte Ltd can hire them, with bonuses thrown in, yellow boots included and daily rated pay even if don't show up for work.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
600 thread count egyptian cotton cal king bedsheet set of 1 bedsheet, 1 bedcover and 2 pillow shams selling at marshalls in milpitas great mall for usd29.99. beats mustaffa anytime.

If I go to the US I'd have a long, long shopping list :smile: However In Spore only Robinsons sells such a high thread count.

What to do everyone in Spore must pay the PAP tax(hidden or otherwise). :(