• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Must boycottt this Hock Lam beef kway teow stall

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder bapok Vivian says hawker centres have good jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
toplife7.jpg

The family running this place has surname Tin?

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
beef_0.jpg

At Blk 22, Toa Payoh Lorong 7 there is this beef kway teow soup stall run by this this Hainanese man has been selling Hainanese
style beef kway teow for over 40 years. He is still remembered as the beef kway teow stall from Cuppage Centre.

His prices set at $3 to $5 for a bowl of dry or soup beef noodle is very reasonable.

Be prepared to queue for up to 30 mins for your feed.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 2516

At Blk 22, Toa Payoh Lorong 7 there is this beef kway teow soup stall run by this this Hainanese man has been selling Hainanese
style beef kway teow for over 40 years. He is still remembered as the beef kway teow stall from Cuppage Centre.

His prices set at $3 to $5 for a bowl of dry or soup beef noodle is very reasonable.

I used to eat the beef Kway Teow at the basement of Toa Payoh interchange.

After the renovations I only eat the chicken rice or rojak

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 2516

That's very cheap and good. Two uncles, one fat one thin. I used to eat there frequently when I lived in that area. Long time no go.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually like piping hot beef steak or cold roast beef sandwich. But the Chinese version with thick white noodle isn't bad at all but getting rarer nowadays. I like the dry version which isn't really dry but with braised gravy and soup separate. I first tasted that at an old Selegie Road coffeeshop. Fabulous. The auntie called me ang moh kia after a few visits and she could recognize me, affectionately not derogatorily. I always asked upsize extra tendon, must pay more of course, and after I was done, asked for second round of free soup. :biggrin:

I think that was one of the last coffeeshops in Singapore that sold whisky by the glass. My dad used to love having a glass of whisky there with his beef noodle. But by the age that I got to drinking whisky, that coffeeshop was no more. :(

After that era, I think that food court franchise came into commercial fashion and there were more stalls like that. Standards lower as expected of franchising but usually acceptably palatable. The worst one that's downright inedible is the one at Bishan Junction 8 food court. :mad:

meshuggah78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys.... Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust... Hock Lam Beef Noodle @ Bukit Panjang Plaza NO MORE.. A new Nasi Padang stall occupying the premise and its good biz... I missed the beef noodle.. they actually tried their best to lower down the price and do away with the 'clay pot'.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After that era, I think that food court franchise came into commercial fashion and there were more stalls like that. Standards lower as expected of franchising but usually acceptably palatable. The worst one that's downright inedible is the one at Bishan Junction 8 food court. :mad:

If I was visiting Bishan I would avoid eating at Junction 8. Better food can be found in the nearby surrounding coffee shops.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth said:
洪七公 is GMS with 降龙十八掌。Me is 黄药师。:wink:

Are you sure you have made the right choice? 洪七公 has all the nice things to eat. 黄药师only eats air (JIAK HONG).

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys.... Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust... Hock Lam Beef Noodle @ Bukit Panjang Plaza NO MORE.. A new Nasi Padang stall occupying the premise and its good biz... I missed the beef noodle.. they actually tried their best to lower down the price and do away with the 'clay pot'.

I haven't tried any clay pot version before but I've tried the metal pot version. It was at the first Millennia Walk foodcourt in the late 90s. The last stall I remember to have above average grade in my books. However, after a few changes in foodcourt managements, that was gone too. :(

Last edited:

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hock Lam beef noodle is a yuppie rip-off. For S$10, one could have a steak lunch set at Jack's Place.

Agreed at $10, i will top up abit more at jack place better service and set meal.