• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT talk

Any trip improvement at peak hours

• Yes, I can get in to the train every time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, need to wait till next few trains then get in

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Don't know. No change as usual

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • NO, Where got improvement...It is worse now!

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
MRT is getting more and more packed. Are people leaving their cars at home and taking MRT now? :biggrin:

Mighty Megatron

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u notice ppl are not willing to move out of the train, especially those at the doors so that those in the middle of the train can alight and u hv those wanting to board the train blocking those wanting to move out.

also the time to allow ppl to move in and out is too short.

Heehee that is why I usually just 'push' my way out followed by the time honoured "excuse me, coming through". :biggrin:

bluprint

Alfrescian
Loyal
MRT is getting more and more packed. Are people leaving their cars at home and taking MRT now? :biggrin:

Actually some of them actually go for the park and ride scheme. If I am not wrong you pay $70 a month for packing till 9pm and you get a monthly $40top-up of the eas-link card.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the increasing price on fuel and more ERP gantry to collect tolls, commuters have to seek for public transport. However, the increase of demands cannot be match with the supply hence at peak hours the trains from East to West is packed.

It is worse when at the exchange at cityhall and raffler place. SMRT has said that they have increased the number of trips at peak hours but personally can't sense any improvement over at the frequency (still around 2 mintues for the next train). Personally I have to wait till the 4th train than managed to slip in the train.:(

Wonder any one has similar experience and would like to share your view. And particularly on whether you feel there is more trips during peak hours or not.

ok.. dig out some thread out of boredom... :biggrin:

2008 you guys were already talking about sardine pack in MRT...
Now leh ??? worst !

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One good suggestion... Pay more during peak hours!!! Just like ERP.

Start to buy SMRT&SBS shares...

Ha ha........sure back fire. But is a good ideas maybe surcharge $0.50~$1 during peak hour for taking public transport.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMO they just nneed to lengthen the trains by 1 carriage. Instantly increase capacity 20%. Problem solved even if population increase to 6million should be no problem

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMO they just nneed to lengthen the trains by 1 carriage. Instantly increase capacity 20%. Problem solved even if population increase to 6million should be no problem

But the platform is just gam-gam for 6 carriage leh... how ? :confused::confused:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But the platform is just gam-gam for 6 carriage leh... how ? :confused::confused:

Confirm enough space for 1 more carriage. U look at most platform, they always have a bit extending out. I'm thinking probably for maintenance. The above ground one might need a bit of work though but we're talking about extending a few metres shouldn't be a major issue

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's always like that.

I do not understand why always people like to stand at the door when there are more space in the middle. For this situation, i always need to wait for another train to come, there was once i waited for 3 trains to come, and you know what, it's always the middle is empty.

That's make me more angry!

what the mrtc can do is to close and open alternate doors at each stations and that will make people move about in the cabin.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confirm enough space for 1 more carriage. U look at most platform, they always have a bit extending out. I'm thinking probably for maintenance. The above ground one might need a bit of work though but we're talking about extending a few metres shouldn't be a major issue

i know lah.. how about this... add extra 2 more carriage without doors. one in front and one at the back. those who travel from end to end / long journey... can go to the end carriage.

for boarding and alighting only use the 6 carriage.

ok ok.. i am talking cock here.
:biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know lah.. how about this... add extra 2 more carriage without doors. one in front and one at the back. those who travel from end to end / long journey... can go to the end carriage.

In a perfect world, that would work. SGreans however are generally assholes no one will want to use those. Just look at the buses. KNN, ask them move to the back they look at U like want to castrate them like that KNN. If want to implement your method then have to be something like Ladies carriage or one with a only sitting place so those kiasu want to sit type will always use it

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please la. Mrt save cost here n there. Introducing stupid advert music n worse, peak period is hot n stuffy like oven. Paying so much to suffer?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very sayang you not Transport minister leh.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal

For a moment, I thought you wanted the passengers to fly out of the train cabin! :eek:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a moment, I thought you wanted the passengers to fly out of the train cabin! :eek:

That, will be the ah nehs.. :rolleyes:

Very sayang you not Transport minister leh.

Boss, if i am the Transport Minister, Confirm, infront for the carriage i sure put one Dragon Head . like this.

L-DragonTrain.jpg