• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT East-West Line Broke Down in Morning

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Minor disruptions hit East-West Line this morning causing commuters to be late for work[/h]Posted by temasektimes on May 7, 2012

One day after Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo set a target of one year without breakdowns for SMRT to regain the trust of Singaporeans, a series of minor train disruptions hit the East-West Line this morning causing some commuters to turn up late for work.
According to a tweet posted by Ong Liew Kee, the announcement was made by SMRT at around 8am during the peak hours:
“Saw the station master at Jurong preparing signs “mrt fault delay, from queenstown to outram”. How awesome is this!!!”
Khalil Adis was one of those affected by the ‘unexpected’ delay:
“Gosh, like 5 mins in between with the train moving slowly? I feel asleep really cos it felt so long. Took the train at 7.20am at Joo Koon. Arrived at Bugis at 8.35am. Reason? Due to train ahead…”
Matthew Lim was late for work:
“Had to head to Tanah Merah from Kembangan just to get into a train. I’m fucking late for work.”
Besides the usual delays, there are some interesting incidents as well:
“Someone had fits on the train and she Cldnt stand up at all. The train was so bloody crowded too.” – Gretchen Lim
“Oh did I mentioned tht a ridiculous commuter hit the emergency button on the train this morning to complain abt the train being slow?” – Kenneth Yap
As usual, there are no public statements from SMRT explaining the latest train disruptions and neither did the mainstream media bother to report on it.
For immediate updates of the latest train delays and disruptions, please visit The Temasek Transport Review Facebook

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
What constitutes news nowadays is when there is no MRT breakdown for a day. And it should go something like that:

"Not one train broke down on the North-South, East-West and Circle lines today. SMRT and LTA are investigating as to cause as the absence of any fault on the rail lines is a rare phenomenon. Minister for Transport Lui Tuck Yew said if there is no further breakdown of the trains for more than a week, a Commiitte of Inquiry would be commissioned to establish why there is now a departure from the normal situation of train service disruption everyday."

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What constitutes news nowadays is when there is no MRT breakdown for a day. And it should go something like that:

"Not one train broke down on the North-South, East-West and Circle lines today. SMRT and LTA are investigating as to cause as the absence of any fault on the rail lines is a rare phenomenon. Minister for Transport Lui Tuck Yew said if there is no further breakdown of the trains for more than a week, a Commiitte of Inquiry would be commissioned to establish why there is now a departure from the normal situation of train service disruption everyday."
damn refreshing humor, I LIKE !:cool:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"No breakdowns, I worry" Ministar of Transport...Tuck U, Tuck U ( replace "T" with "F" for proper pronunciation)!!:biggrin:

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yay!.. :biggrin: ..with another month (or so..) of breakdowns, Singaporeans will really be 'adjusted' to this..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Breakdowns are so common now that radio stations MUST start reporting on rail conditions like they do on traffic conditions:eek:

Otherwise people will continue to head to the MRT stations not knowing there is a jam there.

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't take MRT anymore. Siao lang then take MRT. Breakdown either trapped or walk on electric rail. Siao or not? Danger or not? You see and say yourself. Take bus safer. Breakdown at most come down and wait for next bus.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
heng ah ...i ride a kap kia :biggrin:

no jam , no human traffic , no ah neh smells :eek:

Bro, ride Kap Kia also must be careful on the road hor.. Ah Neh Cb Kias many of them now driving company lorries.. More worse at Gul, Tuas area.. They think they F1 driver.. KNN, sometimes they drive like drunken pundeks..

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I consider this good news.

Because it gives a form to reality that Singapore indeed is crumbling.We have to thank Malaysian FT Saw for her excellent handling to such ruin.

I hope PAP ,as usual ,manage this by crisis as well.So that come next election there will be many more breakdowns.And PAP will be history for sure.Unless they grant more citizenship to foreigners than local born.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, ride Kap Kia also must be careful on the road hor.. Ah Neh Cb Kias many of them now driving company lorries.. More worse at Gul, Tuas area.. They think they F1 driver.. KNN, sometimes they drive like drunken pundeks..

yes you right bro ... sometimes must siam them , damn cb drunken ah nehs...

when i see a big container in front , i will follow behind , very safe wan ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I consider this good news.

Because it gives a form to reality that Singapore indeed is crumbling.We have to thank Malaysian FT Saw for her excellent handling to such ruin.

I hope PAP ,as usual ,manage this by crisis as well.So that come next election there will be many more breakdowns.And PAP will be history for sure.Unless they grant more citizenship to foreigners than local born.

That's assuming anyone those in their ivory towers care about such things?

I have my doubts because for too long Spore has been run under auto. Old man has been gallivanting throughout the world giving unwelcome advice instead of staying home & looking after his own backyard. Our PM is a slacker. Why else would he need the assistance from 2 equally useless MPs :wink:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's assuming anyone those in their ivory towers care about such things?

I have my doubts because for too long Spore has been run under auto. Old man has been gallivanting throughout the world giving unwelcome advice instead of staying home & looking after his own backyard. Our PM is a slacker. Why else would he need the assistance from 2 equally useless MPs :wink:

Those in the ivory towers cares two hoots if the MRT breaks down every hour of every day.That is why PAP management is by crisis.Which means the attitude is ,let it break down than we go and fix with a big wayang.This is the style of PAP management.But people are still voting for PAP come every election.That is why I hope there would be a total breakdown of MRT which equals to total breakdown of our economy and our mobility.

By which the people should either rise to cause a revolution or simply vote PAP out.If people still accepts PAP despite such a massive breakdown in our lifeline-that is public transportation than it's time for us flee this country like the Vietnamese boat people.