• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT drives off with open doors

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Was it I read on Macworld or BBCnews or?? this person sued APPLE for all his photo collection which he backed by into Time Machine ( old version), the unit failed & service centre couldn't extract any datas from the HDD..it just died. The comment from the writer of the article was "back ups needs back ups". override didn't work, the backup didn't either..."back ups needs back ups". :rolleyes:

I backup my backups too. I use a RAID configuration.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot be must be an honest mistake

Lets move on PAP promise you more good years so don't complain too much.

knn how the fuck could this happen? safety system probably from china

The new trains are from China, if I'm not wrong. :biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot be must be an honest mistake

Lets move on PAP promise you more good years so don't complain too much.

knn how the fuck could this happen? safety system probably from china

Hello, SMRT is not PAP.
SMRT Corporation is owned by shareholders - ordinary people and government investment agency.
You can buys SMRT shares if you think they are making huge profits.

The government penalises SMRT corporation heavily if its trains and buses are not operating according to high standards required.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello, SMRT is not PAP.
SMRT Corporation is owned by shareholders - ordinary people and government investment agency.
You can buys SMRT shares if you think they are making huge profits.

The government penalises SMRT corporation heavily if its trains and buses are not operating according to high standards required.

s$300 fine, very heavily indeed.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng noted is a good idea to let in fresh air in case breakdown again must smash glass windows.:biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I backup my backups too. I use a RAID configuration.

hi there

1. sammy, sidetrack a little!
2. your roving eyes in your avatar is twisting just too fast leh.
3. previously, it is more like some slow motion thing.
4. now, you look like some "handicap"!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Strange. There's supposed to be a safety override which prevents the train from moving if one or more of the doors aren't closed.

Someone must have overridden the override.:biggrin:

hi there

1. sammy bingo!
2. yes, it is suppose to be that way.
3. that is the "sure-safe" mechanism.
4. either someone is sleeping on the job or what.
5. some world-crass transport system!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Perhaps we need to buy travel insurance when taking public transport these days.

Bus: Random explosions
Taxi: Gets rammed into by a speeding Ferrari or Lexus, spontaneously bursts into flames etc.
MRT: Fall out of opened doors, suffocate to death inside train during breakdown etc.

hi there

1. at this rate that it is going!
2. either you pay some very expensive premium for coverage.
3. or no insurance agency would dare to cover you hoh!

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
STOMPer wasabi was on her way home when one of the train doors remained stuck open even as the train moved off from Lakeside station.
Said the STOMPer:
"I was on my way home from Boon Lay MRT to Cityhall MRT at about 10pm last night.
"At Lakeside station, one of the doors started making noises during 'Doors Closing' and remained stuck open even while the train started moving.
hahaha....lakeside is the last station before boon lay....why she don't report the incident straight away and then get some publicity later by posting on STOMP????
on the technical aspect, the safety interlock is fail-safe because it is a "normally open" circuit......meaning the doors have to be closed to form a closed circuit before the trains can moved off.
the safety circuit can be easily checked aand verified for any malfunction.....and any buillshits can be exposed quite easily.

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's why the pa always announce "do not lean against the door".
they have anticipate such incident will happen soon.
:eek:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....lakeside is the last station before boon lay....why she don't report the incident straight away and then get some publicity later by posting on STOMP????
on the technical aspect, the safety interlock is fail-safe because it is a "normally open" circuit......meaning the doors have to be closed to form a closed circuit before the trains can moved off.
the safety circuit can be easily checked aand verified for any malfunction.....and any buillshits can be exposed quite easily.

"Straits Times Online Mobile Print, is Asia's leading citizen-journalism website with user-generated material fuelling its success."

"Stomp editor Azhar Kasman confirmed yesterday that the photos of the incident were submitted by a Stomp content producer(Ms. Francis)."

""We have verified the details with her and she stands by her account of the incident," said Mr Kasman, in response to claims that Ms Francis was never at the station."

Speaks volumes about 150th (Freedom of Press World Ranking2011) and SMRT, both State owned enterprises and their quality.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Is the heat not going up a notch?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....as expected the photo is confirmed to be fake...
since the stomper craves for cheap publicity, can someone do her a favour......lol.