• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

MPs and Ministers Spoken English

Painful to listen to her.
Whether or not English educated, she has very poor pronunciation and intonation.

I believe that many of the current MPs and Ministers should consider taking lessons or speech therapy to speak English with a more pleasant and neutral accent.

Earlier today, after reading the news about one of the permanent secretaries, Mr. Gabriel Lim, and listening to him when intrerviewed by CNA, he speaks good English with a pleasant accent.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...=internal_sharetool_androidphone_14032023_cna
No lah Charlie thees fella spik wif low pitch and cadence suited for a man of his stature, a civil servant, that why u fooled. U hear closely the sinkie accent is still there the moment he tok to the wife or chewrens u no it is just an act. Not neutral at all. :rolleyes:

It is possible that he may be able to switch from speaking propet English, to Singlish.

Why not just embrace the Singlish? It's the gold standard. You're not doing BBC radio programmes or commentating on a Premier League football game. :biggrin:

gsbslut

Stupidman
I believe that many of the current MPs and Ministers should consider taking lessons or speech therapy to speak English with a more pleasant and neutral accent.

Earlier today, after reading the news about one of the permanent secretaries, Mr. Gabriel Lim, and listening to him when intrerviewed by CNA, he speaks good English with a pleasant accent.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...=internal_sharetool_androidphone_14032023_cna
wat is use when speak good English but no substance like that vivian balakrisknan?

Boliao

If you look at other interviews, they spoke very well and in perfect English (i.e. Lim Swee Say). They spoke the way they spoke because they are afraid Sinkies cannot understand them if they spoke proper English.

Really?
It looks like LSS, CCS, HSK, and several others do not speak very well.

Zorro Lim : " ...to upturn the downturn"......."very excited to read my cpf statement every month"....LOL....