• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Motorcyclist escapes being crushed by tree

K

Kenshin Uesugi

Monday December 13, 2010

Motorcyclist escapes being crushed by tree

MUAR: A motorcyclist was in-jured when he jumped off his machine to escape being crushed by a coconut tree uprooted by strong winds here. Nordin Kassim, 49, from Parit Othman, near Bukit Pasir here, suffered injuries on his left elbow and legs in the 4.40pm incident at Jalan Salleh yesterday. The sawmill worker said he was riding home after shopping in town when he felt the strong winds near Parit Beting.

n_23tree.jpg

Lucky escape: Nordin pointing at the fallen coconut tree which could have taken him down with it.

“A coconut tree across a drain on my left suddenly leaned forward and I saw it falling towards me. “I jumped off my bike and hit the road hard. The bike skidded for about five metres before landing in the roadside drain,” he said at the scene.

Nordin said part of the coconut tree, however, got stuck between the branches of another tree, which prevented it from crushing him. Firemen later cleared the trunk and debris, easing the traffic jam that resulted from the incident.