• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More police comedy in Little India - police airwaves jammed that night

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No Balls to Act...: February 25, 2014 at 5:17 pm No Balls to Act...(Quote)
Firing a warning shot into the air could have stopped the riot from getting out of hand. But Aetos officers prefer not to cause writing statement is too tideous to do for firing that One Warning shot and besides the Regular Police Officers are not taking any action that changes their mind perhaps.
However, the real TRUTH of the delay of SOC and Gurkha Units to arrive could be due to 2 reasons to act responsibly by the Commanders of Tanglin Police Station, SOC & Gurkha :
1) All the Police Commissioner, SCDF and Army Chief of Staff are at the PAP Convention Centre in Kallang theatre, thus nobody dare to call them.
2) As seen on Youtube, many police officers were messaging out on their personal handphone or loved ones are calling them informing them of the serious Riot that creates confusion and reluctant to arrive early for FEAR FACTOR in their minds.
Perhaps, its about time to start the ball rolling in DISMISSING all Ministers and Civil Servants who can’t perform as EXPECTED…!

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Officer on the ground assessed situation better than those sitting on the top.This is not the first time Tanglin Division waited for instruction to act.Many years ago there was this protest at Far East Plaza by New Testament Church members.The riot squad also waited and waited.What for have excercise every now n then when real situation arises,all caught with pants down.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Officer on the ground assessed situation better than those sitting on the top.This is not the first time Tanglin Division waited for instruction to act.Many years ago there was this protest at Far East Plaza by New Testament Church members.The riot squad also waited and waited.What for have excercise every now n then when real situation arises,all caught with pants down.

Yup. Commander was out jogging! Kena sidelined for long time. Now with NTUC.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finished. This Tanglin head honcho must take the hit.

This is as far as his career goes. I think he also knows it.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
90 policemen armed can't stop a crowd of 150 Ah Nehs?

The officer in charge had to clear it with the PAP Indian ministers and none of them were available. Thus, he didn't dare to allow the poodles on the ground to use their firearms.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is the only one out of the 90 there who acted like a police, the rest are just there for show...

An auxiliary police officer who was on the ground on the night of the Little India riot on Dec 8 last year had already arrested four men before the crowd started setting fire on government vehicles. But he was then told to stop doing so by his supervisor.

Testifying on the fifth day into the public hearings on the riot, Constable Srisivasangkar Subramaniam told the Committee of Inquiry (COI) that he had crossed from Race Course Road to a coffeeshop at the corner of Kerbau Road shortly after the police and Singapore Civil Defence Forced rescued the timekeeper and driver who were on the bus.

There, he arrested four men who were throwing bottles, grabbing them one-by-one before handing them over to a group of police officers who were at Race Course Road.

"After handing over the fourth person, my ground supervisor told me that what I was doing was brave but dangerous, and told me to stop," said Constable Siva. "He said that I shouldn't have arrested them, because my two protection officers were not there (to witness it), and that it was unsafe for me to effect more arrests."

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
However, the real TRUTH of the delay of SOC and Gurkha Units to arrive could be due to 2 reasons to act responsibly by the Commanders of Tanglin Police Station, SOC & Gurkha :
1) All the Police Commissioner, SCDF and Army Chief of Staff are at the PAP Convention Centre in Kallang theatre, thus nobody dare to call them.
2) As seen on Youtube, many police officers were messaging out on their personal handphone or loved ones are calling them informing them of the serious Riot that creates confusion and reluctant to arrive early for FEAR FACTOR in their minds.
Perhaps, its about time to start the ball rolling in DISMISSING all Ministers and Civil Servants who can’t perform as EXPECTED…!

Accountability means the minister takes the fall (resign or be fired). The CP should go as well. The SPF SOP was useless ...90 armed poodles can't stop a crowd of 150? Just a couple of warning shots would have been sufficient to scare the hell out of those Ah Nehs.
I believe that the commanding officer had to clear it with our Indian ministers and could not get a hold of them. Thus, the non-decision.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now we know why we need to outsource our poodles.

An auxiliary police officer who was on the ground on the night of the Little India riot on Dec 8 last year had already arrested four men before the crowd started setting fire on government vehicles. But he was then told to stop doing so by his supervisor.

Testifying on the fifth day into the public hearings on the riot, Constable Srisivasangkar Subramaniam told the Committee of Inquiry (COI) that he had crossed from Race Course Road to a coffeeshop at the corner of Kerbau Road shortly after the police and Singapore Civil Defence Forced rescued the timekeeper and driver who were on the bus.

There, he arrested four men who were throwing bottles, grabbing them one-by-one before handing them over to a group of police officers who were at Race Course Road.

"After handing over the fourth person, my ground supervisor told me that what I was doing was brave but dangerous, and told me to stop," said Constable Siva. "He said that I shouldn't have arrested them, because my two protection officers were not there (to witness it), and that it was unsafe for me to effect more arrests."

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Accountability means the minister takes the fall (resign or be fired). The CP should go as well. The SPF SOP was useless ...90 armed poodles can't stop a crowd of 150? Just a couple of warning shots would have been sufficient to scare the hell out of those Ah Nehs.
I believe that the commanding officer had to clear it with our Indian ministers and could not get a hold of them. Thus, the non-decision.

Mas Selemat no one resigned. How for this case?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you look at the mess the "Paper ASPs" got themselves into over a small riot, imagine what's going to happen when the Paper Generals of the SAF go to war.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you look at the mess the "Paper ASPs" got themselves into over a small riot, imagine what's going to happen when the Paper Generals of the SAF go to war.

please-dont-shit-in-pants.jpg

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not comedy of errors, simply a case of lost command, no initiative (blame it on the Singapore education system), mindset are too regimented and the fear of doing the wrong thing. Put that in a mixing bowl and there you are, a bunch of clueless clowns.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree wholeheartedly with you.. This must be the best quote of the month.. Boss, pls continue your regular seat less cycling exercise to keep yourself fit.. Wishing you good health and longevity.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When MRT breakdown also blame that problem cannot be solve when every shittyporean
takes MRT the same time. Now Sengkang Lift give problem no Sinkies dare to complain cos
they will be getting the same answer.

When the leaders are too busy playing golf, writing their memoirs, ..... bad things will happen.

It gets worse when you add the incompetent family & friends of the family. Just look at what happened with WKS & the Mas Selamat incident & Ms.Saw & SMRT.
There are probably many more of these parasites in the system.