• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Money No Enough: Fixed Deposits Lobang (1-mth FD included)

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
You still have declare the interests earned...under OTHER INCOME...ask IRAS will this other Income be computed in your taxation. You forget to include this info in Your OTHER INCOME...IRAS may send you a invitation letter to go down to their office to 'lim kopi'...what not taxable. Of course it will not be taxable...if your deposit is $1,000 at 1.5% p.a....but it is $500,000 qt 1.5% , how?

What fake news.....you go depo with the Finance companies...then you come tell me, if it is fake news or not?
I deposited 1m @1.8% for 12months. So it's only 18k per year.. bank also confirm not taxable:biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Thanks bro whoami, I just want to lock up at the rate of about 1.4% for the next 3 years and should the interest rate fall again. I don't have to worry anything :laugh:
Just make sure you top up your special account to max FRS first to nullify the yearly increase. The 4% interest is more than adequate to cover the fuckup PAP's yearly increase.

Make sure housing loan is fully paid. If fully paid in CPF, you can now do periodic CPF housing refunds via the new CPF app. This allows you to earn interest at 2.5%, way better than any FDs. At 55, if you do not need the monies in Ordinary account, don't bother withdrawing. Leave inside. You can still take out any time after 55 should you need the money. It pays reasonably good interest.

Only when you have spare cash, then throw in FDs and other investment.