• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOE scholar from PRC finally apologised

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/02/22/moe-scholar-from-prc-finally-apologised/

sunxuphoto.jpg

A Ministry of Education (MOE) scholar from PRC, Mr Sun Xu, has been sparking widespread anger and condemnations among Singaporeans with his online offensive remark that “there being more dogs than humans in Singapore” since Sat night (18 Feb). He posted the comment on China’s microblog “Weibo” complaining to his compatriots about his rude encounter with a Singapore uncle.

When asked about the controversy by the media, Sun even replied nonchalantly without showing any signs of remorse that, “I am only complaining. It is just a small matter… Anyway, I have already deleted the comment.”

His arrogance and callousness even resulted in MediaCorp actor cum PAP member Tay Ping Hui calling him an ‘impertinent ingrate’ on his Twitter.

Meanwhile, prominent blogger Alex Tan has confirmed that he will be making a police report against Sun for criminal intimidation. When Sun’s blog friend told him that Alex might come after him, he boldly declared on his blog, “I will wait for him (Alex) with a knife.”

NUS also confirmed that they are investigating.

With pressure mounting for Sun to apologise, he finally capitulated and issued a public apology on his Facebook:

xusunapologizes.jpg

Sun wrote: “I am very sorry for the statement that I had made on my blog on 18 February 2012, which I now realize was insensitive and inappropriate. Please accept my sincere apologies.”

Sun came to study in Singapore in 2006 on a MOE scholarship for students from China. He is currently a final year Mechanical Engineering student at NUS.

Supporting one of these MOE foreign scholars for their undergraduate studies is not cheap. According to one estimate by one of the TRE readers (http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/02/1...-for-foreign-student-given-by-moe-understated), it costs the taxpayers about $174,000 to pay for 1 foreign scholar to study in a 4-year degree in our local universities.

From the incident, it is apparent that he has not been fully integrated into the Singapore’s society that the government has hoped for. For one thing, he prefers to hang around with his compatriots in China’s microblog “Weibo”.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This apology, sincere or otherwise is long overdue....machiam PM's apology last May.
Well the 60.1% voted for this, expect more of these scholarly scums from PRC coming to colonize us.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meanwhile, prominent blogger Alex Tan has confirmed that he will be making a police report against Sun for criminal intimidation. When Sun’s blog friend told him that Alex might come after him, he boldly declared on his blog, “I will wait for him (Alex) with a knife.”

Why always make police report, but no news after that?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just got the feeling that this is a half hearted apology.. A good punch to this Commie Scum's face will do him a world of good..To salvage some National Pride, all SBF Bros should find a PRC woman to screw..Let them have a taste of our famous Spore Sling Cum..

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got the feeling that this is a half hearted apology.. A good punch to this Commie Scum's face will do him a world of good..To salvage some National Pride, all SBF Bros should find a PRC woman to screw..Let them have a taste of our famous Spore Sling Cum..

Screw a PRC whore and get STDs in return?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Screw a PRC whore and get STDs in return?

On the contrary, it is those PRC professional hookers who are more likely to be STD-free, with mandatory safe sex and regular checkups.

Those local party scene/weekend/Zoukout/cheongster/Dempsey bar pickups, on the other hand...

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
With so many on social visit pass, and PRs on freelance, they got TB you also don't know one. Not to mention AIDs as a bonus.

On the contrary, it is those PRC professional hookers who are more likely to be STD-free, with mandatory safe sex and regular checkups.

Those local party scene/weekend/Zoukout/cheongster/Dempsey bar pickups, on the other hand...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the PRC bloke said he will wait with "a knife", I see this far more serious and have greater impact on why such character was given scholarship in the first place. He is not only arrogant but dangerous to our society. Threaten people with "a knife" is a crime in Singapore. Alex Tan, please report to the police that someone has threatend you with a knife.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
From the incident, it is apparent that he has not been fully integrated into the Singapore’s society that the government has hoped for. For one thing, he prefers to hang around with his compatriots in China’s microblog “Weibo”.

was it this scholar's intention to integrate into our society? or was is plain wishing thinking on the Ministry's part?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How cum MOE never screen candidates before offering scholarships?

What kind of questions do they ask at the interviews? ... "What is your result?"? "What ECA did you join?"?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In future all foreign students should be made to write 100 pages essay why they think Singaporeans are good people, before they can be admitted into any of our insitution of studies.

I also noticed these trend that whenever a foreign students reached the final year of their study. They want to spew filth about these society and its citizen, it is a strategy in the hope that the school will sack them after they finished their exam to avoid bonds.

Last edited: