• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM said we are a generation that cannot remember.....

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
...... the hardship of building this nation.

I think he's still threatening the younger generation and very sour about the results of the Election, Hahahaaha.....:biggrin::biggrin:

True true ..... he still think that policeman were still wearing shorts and "Wong Fei Hong" is being shown in black and white TV.
Time for him to "delete away all old files from his own Thumb Drive" if he knows how to do it.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember Wang Sa and Ye Fong.
I remember all the election slogans and promises you made to my parents.
I remember how PAP have changed since then.
Now you know why I voted against you .... because I remembered very clearly.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he has to get it out of his system that only the younger gen voted against him. When will he ack that even the Ah Peks and uncles like me voted against him? What's there to remember if the past has little relation to the present, e.g. cheap public housing vs sky high HDB flats now? Raja, GKS, TCC etc who served for a pittance vs. obscenely paid Ministers today? solid grass root leaders vs scatterbrains like Tin PL, law Minister with a philandering past, foo mee hars.....?

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Harry screwed our father :rolleyes:
Prince screwed us :eek:
Will our next generation be screwed by another famiLEE member ?
:mad:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
He is the one who cannot remember that it was the old guards and ordinary Sporeans who built this country. He did not do it alone but takes all the credit. Heaven have eyes!

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are so right. What about Goh Keng Swee, Hon Siu Sen, Toh Chin Chye, Raja, Barker etc etc. Somehow we keep getting fed this info that:

1) Singapore was hopeless fishing village - Nonsense - the Brits who were number one seapower at that time wanted Singapore for its location and was an important port of theirs
2) Singapore was the efforts of one man. What happened to the others
3) If we do not listen to ruling party Singapore will collapse

I feel extremely sad when MM constantly tries to remind us about the hardship of nation building and tries to constantly claim credit for it. I think everyone in general thinks that the first 20 years of Singapore was a trying time and he and his team, not him alone, did a good job in building a remarkable nation, albeit some underhand tactics towards his opposition.

However, what he failed to understand is that the rules of the game has changed. Singapore is no longer a backwater economy and we are playing in premier league, not Div 3. It is like an old man constantly reminiscing about his "good old days", without any real consideration about the changing landscape. The youth understands the changing landscape, yet the PAP, especially the old man, still wants to play by their old rules. This is the key cause of disconnect and it is something they will never understand, or never admit to.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are so right. What about Goh Keng Swee, Hon Siu Sen, Toh Chin Chye, Raja, Barker etc etc. Somehow we keep getting fed this info that:

1) Singapore was hopeless fishing village - Nonsense - the Brits who were number one seapower at that time wanted Singapore for its location and was an important port of theirs
2) Singapore was the efforts of one man. What happened to the others
3) If we do not listen to ruling party Singapore will collapse

Over 50...hmm..yes people can remember the pre WWII Singapore where no Lee played a part.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim Chin Siong, the hero

[video=youtube;gCGLaiKFaX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCGLaiKFaX8[/video]

No ! I remember that man who was the darling of the crowd. He is still a hero. But, they had forgotten him and chose to love a dictator instead. Lee said he would rather be feared than to be loved. What an irony !

Today, we have got SDP's Dr. Chee to fight fascist head on.

NT-Farcist

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have to thank MM Lee for saying the wrong things at the wrong time.
His repent remarks caused many people to be very tulan. So those sitting on the fence got nudged over to WP side due to his arrogant attitude.

Oor B kwek for loosing Aljunied.

The more he talk....the more people will feel against PAP.

So he better shut up.

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the 1960s, 70s, 80s vividly.
I remember how PAP and Barisan fought.
I remember how the PAP sincerely tackled the housing problem.
I remember how the HDB flats were affordable.
I remember how people were told not to have more than two children.
I remember how young men were ordered to do National Service.
I remember how the PAP pioneers tried to create jobs.
I remember how the Malaysians were told to return to Malaysia when we were kicked out from Malaysia.
I remember how transport was cheap.
I remember how the salary of MIWs were reasonable.

Fast forward to the present.
Young adults will remember in 30 years time that:
Housing is beyond their reach.
Much of private property is in the hands of foreigners.
Jobs were taken over by foreigners.
Singapore-born Singaporeans were 2nd class in their homeland.
"Selected" new citizens and PRs were exempted from National Service.
Transport cost a bomb with tranport operators raking in millions.
Singapore Ministers were paid millions.

Thanks MM, for making me remember the good old days.
Now, can young adults say they enjoyed their young adulthood.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't M&M Lee that bloke who lost an inordinate amount (was it 90 million?) of public funds on the Suzhou Industrial Park?

svLEEKUAN_narrowweb__300x417,0.jpg

If you have a flood, just carefully think who is more likely to get the drainage put right and have the flood alleviated as quickly as possible: A PAP candidate with links to the ministers and Prime Minister, or a non-PAP candidate who has become an MP, like in Potong Pasir or Hougang, and who has to manage on his own?