• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM Lee kuan Yew:Dun listen to property agents and sell your flat

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nov 13, 2010
MM: Don't sell your flat

tanjongmmlee-st.jpg

HDB flat owners should not sell their flats, as they are assets that will appreciate in value year after year, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on Saturday night.

Addressing some 500 residents at a constituency event in Tanjong Pagar GRC, he said: 'I urge you not to listen to the estate agents and sell it, and go and rent a flat because that's a stupid thing to do.

'You sell it, you may not get a rental flat for a long time. And you cannot gain from a rental flat... Please remember that.'

Mr Lee's call comes shortly after the Government took steps to address the trend of homeowners who - propelled by record selling prices - are trying to sell off their flats to make a quick profit.

To underline the need for financial prudence, the Housing Board on Nov 1 introduced a seven-day cooling-off period for people intending to sell their HDB flats.

Mr Lee was speaking at the annual Tree Planting Day in the group representation constituency. The event also saw a ceremony to mark the completion of a covered linkway in Jalan Membina in Tiong Bahru.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What cock is he talking? More pple shld be selling their flats to bring down the prices! That's economics 101, stupid!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Mr Lee's call comes shortly after the Government took steps to address the trend of homeowners who - propelled by record selling prices - are trying to sell off their flats to make a quick profit ...
ya, man! ...

sporeans r damn blahdy rich wif their flats ...

juz 1 ting ... dey cunt sel their flats n convert dem in2 cash ...

sound rich, but actually got no moni ... :o

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you really think that for someone who anytime soon, may go underground will give any advice which is worth anything?

Or for that matter worth listening?

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nov 13, 2010

tanjongmmlee-st.jpg

HDB flat owners should not sell their flats, as they are assets that will appreciate in value year after year, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on Saturday night.

Addressing some 500 residents at a constituency event in Tanjong Pagar GRC, he said: 'I urge you not to listen to the estate agents and sell it, and go and rent a flat because that's a stupid thing to do.

'You sell it, you may not get a rental flat for a long time. And you cannot gain from a rental flat... Please remember that.'

Mr Lee's call comes shortly after the Government took steps to address the trend of homeowners who - propelled by record selling prices - are trying to sell off their flats to make a quick profit.

To underline the need for financial prudence, the Housing Board on Nov 1 introduced a seven-day cooling-off period for people intending to sell their HDB flats.

Mr Lee was speaking at the annual Tree Planting Day in the group representation constituency. The event also saw a ceremony to mark the completion of a covered linkway in Jalan Membina in Tiong Bahru.
MM Lee is correct but only to the extent that he manages to predict the economic scenario correctly,remember after he predicted long long golden period for Singapore,and Asia,then all hell broke loose in 2007/8.

If that happens,how?

I think we listen a little and must be careful with his advice

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM Lee is correct but only to the extent that he manages to predict the economic scenario correctly,remember after he predicted long long golden period for Singapore,and Asia,then all hell broke loose in 2007/8.

If that happens,how?

I think we listen a little and must be careful with his advice

Yes, many years ago he advised India's then PM Narasima Rao to open up the country and Rao subsequently lost the election.
If any Sinkie have no place to rent I advise them to crash his place at Oxley rise or Nassim Jade.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i can see our mm lee with his election team getting ready to walkover the opponents..

well done man!!! yes, erections certainly coming certainly soon....now!

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
What MM lee actually meant was 'don't sell your flat lease', remember the flats belong to HDB and were never sold to the people. He being old, resorts to cutting his sentence short, to save on energy thus saving the planet and keeping it green.[/B]

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you don't sell your flat how do you realise it's value? You should sell and reinvest in something better with higher returns and leverage.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Nov 13, 2010

tanjongmmlee-st.jpg

Old Goat is really getting senile. In the real world, every one including Warren Buffet will tell u to buy low and sell high. If a flat was purchased 20 years ago at a much lower price and now its a record price, why not sell it? Only in Lee's family is the advice to buy high and sell low as evidenced by his daughter in law's behaviour, and his own in the managing of GIC.

The lack of social services provided by his own govt. also necessitates the sale of your flat. How many people have enough medical insurance to pay for 1 or 2 inevitable major medical illnesses in their old age? Better to have some money in the account now, and they would not have to sell it if the PAP has taken care of their medical care. Selling the flat also takes care of replenishing their CPF retirement account, which they have depleted to pay for their flats in the first place.

Dun worry, some eagle beaver minister hoping to score pointswill pass laws soon to restrict your ability to sell your flat. Uniquely sinkiepore.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What MM lee actually meant was 'don't sell your flat lease', remember the flats belong to HDB and were never sold to the people. He being old, resorts to cutting his sentence short, to save on energy thus saving the planet and keeping it green.[/B]

Yeah, the whole PAP calls it a home ownership. Its a lease, thats all it is. The HDB is the landlord, and the so call owner is the tenant. Which part doesn't he understand? He is a fucking lawyer for chrissakes.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
sell and move to JB. can even get a brand new semi-d in gated and guarded secure community. that's exactly what we did, if not how to convert the Hdb asset to cash - lots of them :smile:
think about it, it actually makes sense :smile:

ya, man! ...

sporeans r damn blahdy rich wif their flats ...

juz 1 ting ... dey cunt sel their flats n convert dem in2 cash ...

sound rich, but actually got no moni ... :o

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, the whole PAP calls it a home ownership. Its a lease, thats all it is. The HDB is the landlord, and the so call owner is the tenant. Which part doesn't he understand? He is a fucking lawyer for chrissakes.

I must say he is a very good lawyer/politician - the way the twist and turn with words [sometimes i even think he is Indian], what i do not understand is, why nobody [even media] ever question him about the flat ownership issue.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He shouldn't worry too much. He presumed people sell flat to rent a flat. He forgot there are people who sell their flat to emigrate. Foreigners are one of those priviledged to do so.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must say he is a very good lawyer/politician - the way the twist and turn with words [sometimes i even think he is Indian], what i do not understand is, why nobody [even media] ever question him about the flat ownership issue.

He only talk and does not take questions.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since his wife passed away, LKY has spewing nonsense err more than normal:p

Maybe the rumours about his wife being the brains behind the puppet is true:smile: