• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minah hamtam Doctor coz he refuse to help her sister chow keng

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An administrative assistant was jailed for 12 weeks on Wednesday for assaulting a doctor who did not give her younger sister a medical certificate (MC).

Nurhayati Shedek, 23, pleaded guilty to slapping the hand of Dr Yeo Chye Luan, 64, grabbing her neck from behind as well as pushing her head down towards a table.

The attack took place in a consultation room at Tampines Polyclinic at Tampines Street 41 on Aug 27 last year.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Selene Yap said Nurhayati and her sister Nur Hazirah, 16, had both gone to the polyclinic for medical consultations.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/woman-jailed-12-weeks-attacking-doctor-tampines-polyclinic-20140212

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That doctor also buay zee dong... then again it's a polyclinic. Expect SAF medical centre's service quality. :wink:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe I bias against polyclinic GP, some really langjiao langs, don't give MC yet can say unkind words to patients. The worst are those woman doc, basically assume every nsf to chao keng. Limpeh on block leave, go see polyclinic doc for medicine for my hundred days cough. First thing was ask why my hair long (not GI), where my camp, questions not related to my cough then said wont give me MC because only cough. She haven't even start examination. No MC no MC lah, limpeh on block leave lor.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe I bias against polyclinic GP, some really langjiao langs, don't give MC yet can say unkind words to patients. The worst are those woman doc, basically assume every nsf to chao keng. Limpeh on block leave, go see polyclinic doc for medicine for my hundred days cough. First thing was ask why my hair long (not GI), where my camp, questions not related to my cough then said wont give me MC because only cough. She haven't even start examination. No MC no MC lah, limpeh on block leave lor.

You get what you pay for. Polyclinic doctors are paid peanuts, so the healthcare groups can laugh all the way to the bank. This also explains why FT doctors from exotic locations (e.g. Myanmar) can be found in many polyclinics.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You get what you pay for. Polyclinic doctors are paid peanuts, so the healthcare groups can laugh all the way to the bank. This also explains why FT doctors from exotic locations (e.g. Myanmar) can be found in many polyclinics.

That happened mid 90s, I no $$ see private GP. Cfc card holders entitle free treatment from polyclinic.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find many of our doctors nowadays lack empathy .

I remember on many occasions when doctors prescribe 5 days of antibiotic for my kids for flu/URTI but give only 2 days sick leave.
Only when I asked strongly do they give 3 days medical leave and and excuse PE for 1 week.
Do they expect kids with flu to recover in 2 days and do PE on the third?

I'm therefore not surprised when 2 kids died during PE recently as there were also many occasions when I have to write to the PE teachers to excuse my kids from PE as they have just recovered from sickness and still not fully well after one week. I also told my kids to call me if the PE teacher do not accept my letter and force them to do PE as I will personally go down to talk to the PE teacher and ask if he will take responsibility if the child collapse or suffer serious medical problems.

Last edited:

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is true 99% of the time