• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Miller nears Rangers takeover as bid is accepted

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Miller nears Rangers takeover as bid is accepted

Tycoon gives the struggling Scottish giants hope of avoiding liquidation as administrators Duff & Phelps approve his unconditional offer to gain control of the Glasgow outfit

May 3, 2012 1:20:00 PM

By Callum Winterford

126427hp2.jpg
YV
Ranger‘s administrators have confirmed that they have accepted a takeover bid from American businessman Bill Miller.

The tycoon, who made his fortune through his tow-truck company Miller Industries, has been listed as the preferred bidder ahead of the offer made by The Blue Knights consortium, with a target of completion set for the end of the season.

Speaking at Ibrox on Thursday morning, administrators Duff & Phelps told reporters: "We would like to thank all parties for their efforts in seeking to submit bids which preserve the long history and success of the club.

"We are delighted to announce that today we have received an unconditional bid for the business and assets of Rangers Football Club plc from Mr Bill Miller which has been accepted in principle and he is now the preferred bidder.

"Mr Miller now proposes to complete his transaction by the end of the season."

Rangers had been deducted 10 points in the SPL after falling into administration, and are currently appealing against a 12-month transfer embargo imposed on them last month.

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rangers owner Craig Whyte banned from Scottish football for life by SFA

The 40-year-old has been fined £200,000 for a breaching a range of disciplinary rules while the club has been issued with a £160,000 fine and a 12-month transfer embargo

Apr 23, 2012 10:55:00 PM

167908hp2.jpg
Getty
Rangers director Craig Whyte has been banned from having any involvement in Scottish football for life by the Scottish Football Association (SFA).

The club, in administration since February, has been hit by a substantial £160,000 fine and 12-month transfer embargo, while Whyte has been declared as not being a fit and proper person for the position he currently holds and faces fines of £200,000.

In a statement released by the SFA, the director was charged with three different rule breaches, being found guilty of two, while the third is "not proven".

In addition, Rangers have been charged with six breaches, having been found guilty of five, and one also "not proven".

The SFA panel met on Friday, in which Whyte refused to appear, but they delayed the announcement until this week.
The original hearing had been postponed in response to a request from Whyte's lawyers for more time to prepare a case.

However, he also failed to attend the procedural hearing on April 6, to "lodge a substantive response and for representations to be made as to state of preparation".

The SFA declared that their judicial panel would issue reasons for their findings shortly, while both guilty parties have three days to appeal following receipt of those reasons.

Speaking to the BBC about the punishment, Whyte said: "Tell me how it is going to affect me? I couldn't care less. It makes no difference to my life whatsoever - and good luck collecting the money.

"It's a joke. It is very harsh on Rangers. I am surprised at how harsh the SFA have been on a club which is going through tough times at the moment.

"Stewart Regan [chief executive] and Campbell Ogilvie [president] should resign and get out of Scottish football.

"The SFA want to kick Rangers when they are down and I hope people remember that. They are playing to the media."

Paul Clark, Rangers’ Rangers' joint administrator Paul Clark from Duff & Phelps, has hit out at the severity of the charges levelled at the club, describing them “draconian”.

A statement read: "All of us working on behalf of the club are utterly shocked and dismayed by the draconian sanctions imposed on Rangers in respect of these charges.

"It appears that on one hand the disciplinary panel accepted our central argument that responsibility for bringing the club into disrepute lay with the actions of one individual - Craig Whyte - as is evident from the unprecedented punishment meted out to him.

"During this hearing the club produced compelling evidence from a number of sources that following his takeover, Craig Whyte ran the club in a thoroughly unaccountable manner, rather than adhering to a long-established and proper form of corporate governance.

"The thrust of the charges against the club focused on non-payment of payroll taxes and evidence was produced that all such decisions in this area were taken by Craig Whyte during his tenure.

"Given this evidence, it is difficult to comprehend that the disciplinary panel has seen fit to effectively punish the club even more heavily than Mr Whyte. As everyone knows, it has already been decided he is not a fit and proper person to run a football club and any further punishment on him will have little or no impact.”

Clark also underlined the detrimental nature the charges could have on the protracted sale of the club, stating that a new buyer could be discouraged by the inability to add proven players to the first-team squad.

"However, for Rangers, a ban on signing players will seriously undermine the club's efforts to rebuild after being rendered insolvent,” the statement continued.

"Furthermore, we do not know how bidders for the club will react to these sanctions and what affect they will have on their proposals.

"The club has asked for full written reasons for these decisions and intend to appeal against the findings."

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Takeover deal agreed for Rangers

After months of financial turmoil, an agreement has finally been reached for the sale of the Scottish Premier League side to former Sheffield United chief executive Charles Green

May 13, 2012 9:40:00 AM

By Will Turner

167908hp2.jpg

Rangers have agreed a deal with former Sheffield United chief executive Charles Green for him to buy the club.

The sale will be announced today where the 59-year-old will detail his visions for the club. It is believed Green is to form a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) and is financially backed by Singapore businessmen.

Green only joined the bidding for the club last week before Bill Miller withdrew his bid. Since then, the Blue Knights were thought to be the preferred bidder.

Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy led the consortium and discussed a potential takeover with Rangers owner Craig Whyte, with Whyte agreeing to sell his 85% shareholding, but Green's late bid has been deemed the best for the club by the administrators.

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Judge rules Rangers transfer embargo as unlawful

The Scottish giants have received a boost in their attempts to have their ban on signing new players aged 18 and over scrapped following Lord Glennie’s proposal

May 29, 2012 4:14:00 PM

By Shane Farrington

167908hp2.jpg

Rangers have received a boost in their bid to have their 12-month transfer overturned after a judge decided the ruling was unlawful.

The SFA banned the Scottish giants from signing any new players for 12 months and fined them £160,000 as a consequence of their descent into administration.

However, following a three-hour hearing, Judge Lord Glennie accepted Rangers' petition for a judicial review and proposed the case should be now be heard by the SFA appeal tribunal, which upheld the initial decision.

If Rangers can overturn the transfer embargo then they will once again be able to sign players aged 18 and over this summer.

The Glasgow outfit recently saw their hopes of re-signing Gennaro Gattuso following his departure from Italian giants AC Milan dashed.

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Welcome to 'The Rangers Football Club' new name for crisis club as Green beats late Smith bid to seal deal

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER PUBLISHED: 15:33 GMT, 14 June 2012 | UPDATED: 16:20 GMT, 14 June 2012

Charles Green has completed his purchase of Rangers' assets - shortly after former manager Walter Smith announced an 11th-hour bid.Green completed his £5.5million newco acquisition after his Company Voluntary Arrangement was formally rejected.The former Sheffield United chief executive stressed he wanted Ally McCoist to stay following reports that the manager was on the verge of quitting after apparently discovering that Green planned to replace him.

article-0-13930E11000005DC-973_468x322.jpg

We've won: Charles Green says he has bought Rangers

The club have also appointed Ayrshire-born pension fund manager Malcolm Murray as chairman.Green is chief executive of the new company, while Brian Stockbridge will be financial director while Imran Ahmad of Zeus Capital will join the board as a non-executive director.

Green, who made no mention of Smith's bid in a lengthy statement, said: 'Following the formal decision of the creditors' meeting at Ibrox Stadium today, the consortium I represent has fulfilled its agreement with the administrators and has completed the acquisition of the business and assets of The Rangers Football Club plc.'The transfer of the business and assets to a new company structure has taken effect immediately and the new company is The Rangers Football Club.

'An application has already been made by the company to register with the Scottish Football Association and to participate in the SPL.'Smith had earlier confirmed he was leading a bid - believed to be worth about £6million - and urged Green to step aside.

Green could conceivably make a quick profit by agreeing to sell Rangers to Smith's group immediately but his statement pointed to a longer-term involvement.
The Yorkshireman named several of his investors and addressed the future of McCoist, who has remained tight-lipped on Thursday.'Our consortium wants Ally McCoist to remain as manager and we firmly believe he is the man to take Rangers forward,' Green said.

article-2159152-139AEB5F000005DC-730_468x369.jpg

End of the road? Rangers boss Ally McCoist leaves Ibrox on Thursday morning

'He embodies everything that is great about the club and without question we want him to continue as the Rangers manager.'I fully understand that other people have courted Ally who do not wish to see my consortium succeed, however I believe time for decision and rancour is over now that the club has been sold and everyone with the interests of Rangers at heart should unite.'The rebuilding of the Club will happen from today.'

Green added: 'In terms of investors in the company, to date our investors include Chris Morgan, a UK-based businessman representing family trusts; Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish clothing company; Ian Hart a Glasgow-based businessman; Alessandro Celano of Blue Pitch Holdings and Zeus Capital.'
Murraay's experience in football comes from his purchase and stewardship of a 25 per cent shareholding in Manchester United which led to him working closely with the executive management team.

article-2159152-13932145000005DC-142_468x319.jpg

End of an era: Rangers will be forced to reform as a newco after liquidation

Murray said: 'It is a great honour to be invited to become non-executive chairman of an iconic football club.'I am intensely proud to have been a supporter since my father took me to Ibrox for my first match and Colin Stein scored a hat-trick on both our debuts.

'I was hooked from that moment on and as a supporter and season ticket holder I have been - like all Rangers fans - utterly appalled by what has happened to the club.

'Those responsible for bringing the club to its knees should start by apologising to supporters who have been left to face the consequences.

'I have spent most of my working life developing a long-term investment philosophy, taking stakes in companies and working closely with the boards while imposing the highest standards of corporate governance.

'It is my firm intention to ensure high standards of transparency and probity are adopted and the club will be managed with a prudent long-term strategy avoiding the fiefdoms and excesses of the past. With that approach I am sure that Rangers can look forward to better days.'

FULL CHARLES GREEN STATEMENT

Following the formal decision of the creditors' meeting at Ibrox Stadium today, the consortium I represent has fulfilled its agreement with the administrators and has completed the acquisition of the business and assets of The Rangers Football Club plc.

The transfer of the business and assets to a new company structure has taken effect immediately and the new company is The Rangers Football Club.

An application has already been made by the company to register with the Scottish Football Association and to participate in the SPL.

These applications will be considered over the next few weeks and I will continue to have discussions with the football authorities in relation to the club's position.

This day is bitter-sweet for the consortium I represent. From our first involvement we made it clear we would have preferred to acquire this great club through a CVA.

The decision by HMRC to vote against the proposal was, in my view, counter productive and did nothing but visit the sins of the past on the owners of the future and indeed the supporters who care so much for Rangers and deserve better.

It was however prudent for us to prepare for this outcome and we are proud and honoured to acquire Rangers and begin a new chapter in its illustrious history.

These are early days and there is a huge amount of hard work to be done to rebuild Rangers.

It will take time and effort, passion and commitment. Rangers will rise again and that journey began in earnest at Ibrox today.

First I must address the issue of the Manager's position at the club. Our consortium wants Ally McCoist to remain as Manager and we firmly believe he is the man to take Rangers forward.

He embodies everything that is great about the club and without question we want him to continue as the Rangers manager.

I fully understand that other people have courted Ally who do not wish to see my consortium succeed however, I believe time for decision and rancour is over now that the club has been sold and everyone with the interests of Rangers at heart should unite.

The rebuilding of the club will happen from today.

As I have stated previously, it is our intention that no single investor or institution will own more than 10-15% of the shareholding.

One of the saddest aspects of the refusal by HMRC to support a CVA is that small shareholders have lost their shares in The Rangers Football Club plc.

However, supporters and shareholders will have the opportunity to invest in the new company.

My consortium has been determined from the outset that from now on Rangers will be run to the highest standards of corporate governance.

To that end, the club will have two boards in the future - a company or plc board and a football board with appointments announced in due course.

In terms of investors in the company, to date our investors include Chris Morgan, a UK-based businessman representing family trusts; Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish clothing company; Ian Hart a Glasgow-based businessman; Alessandro Celano of Blue Pitch Holdings and Zeus Capital.

We are looking to expand that investor base and are in discussions with a number of interested parties.

I have been greatly encouraged by the enthusiasm investors have shown and their belief that Rangers can have a great future. I believe that too and I, along with everyone at the club, will work tirelessly to make it happen.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

New Rangers chairman promises to rebuild club

Malcolm Murray has pledged to ensure financial transparency, after he was swiftly appointed to the board following Charles Green's successful purchase of the Ibrox club

Jun 17, 2012 12:45:00 AM

By Husmukh Kerai

175597hp2.jpg

Our Club Will Never Die, Glasgow Rangers fans, Getty

New Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray has vowed to rebuild the stricken club following their descent into liquidation.

Murray was appointed to the board after a consortium led by Englishman Charles Green completed the purchase of the Glasgow outfit on Thursday. The
new chairman is a season ticket holder at Ibrox and has boardroom experience at Manchester United, where he previously held a 25 per cent stake. The 57-year-old believes his background will help him revive Rangers while providing the financial footing which he insists is vital in re-establishing the crisis-hit club.

"It's a fantastic honour. I can't be a player now and I can't be the manager so being chairman is probably the best thing I could do," Murray told Rangers TV.

"We need to bring financial stability, probity and transparency to this football club and bring our great name back to the reputation it had.

"Since Valentine's Day, I've probably been awake every night over things here, as everyone in this great stadium has been.

"Hopefully I'll bring integrity and honesty to my position. I've been involved in taking big stakes in companies and helping the management in the past.

"Of particular relevance is the Manchester United stake. I was equal to Martin Edwards [in terms of his holding] at the time. I worked with him and David Gill for many years.

"It was an iconic, global brand and that's what Rangers is. With a different Sky deal we'd be just as big."

Much uncertainty over Rangers' future still remains though, with a vote set to take place next month which will decide if the club is granted a place in next season's Scottish Premier League. July 2 is the earliest date that a meeting between the SPL clubs can take place to decide on Rangers' future and Murray ackowledges that any planning has to be put off until then.

"There are so many uncertainties that it's difficult to say what our business plan is. We don't know what league we're playing in and we have to take some sort of punishment," he added.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Motherwell oppose newco Rangers SPL inclusion

The Lanarkshire club's members have voted against the Ibrox giants' readmission to the top flight ahead of a final decision on their league status on Wednesday

Jul 4, 2012 12:13:00 AM

By Ryan Benson

126427hp2.jpg

Motherwell have become the eighth club to indicate they will vote against the inclusion of Charles Green's Rangers newco in the SPL next year.

The Ibrox giants are seeking re-admission to the Scottish top flight following their relaunch under a new holding company but need eight of the league's 12 clubs to vote in their favour ahead of Wednesday's deadline.

However, Motherwell have seemingly sealed the Glasgow outfit's fate after 82% of their ‘Well Society - a trust set up to encourage fan ownership of the club - voted against newco Rangers joining the league.

The Lanarkshire club had previously stated that the outcome of that vote would dictate their stance on the matter, meaning Rangers now have little hope of readmission.

A meeting between the league's members took place on Tuesday but ended prematurely with SPL chief executive David Longmuir imploring members to speak to everyone involved at their respective clubs.

He said: "It was important clubs are now in a more informed position to go back to their boards and fan groups and take that factual information to make informed decisions.

"It is time to reflect on the scenarios and consequences and I want to give them space to do that. We haven't even decided on if and when we would have a vote.

"It's time to give the clubs a chance to engage with their fans and work out the right strategy. Votes will come if required."

<iframe frameborder="0" width="320" height="240" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x1vb01"></iframe>

CheesePie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rangers the club where bad news just keeps on coming

By MICHAEL WALKER PUBLISHED: 21:03 GMT, 5 July 2012 | UPDATED: 23:52 GMT, 5 July 2012

The bad news keeps on coming for Rangers. The club’s proposed summer tour to Germany was cancelled on Thursday. That follows the cancellation of friendlies against Le Havre and Southampton.That followed last month’s liquidation, which followed February’s administration. It in turn followed Rangers’ bankruptcy — economic and, some say, moral. For Rangers fans, who sing of their determination to ‘follow on’, where this now leads is guesswork.

article-0-0BDD2D59000005DC-960_468x286.jpg

Waiting game: Longmuir has revealed the SFL plans to vote on Rangers

On Wednesday, Rangers’ unravelling present led them to Hampden Park, Scottish football’s headquarters. There they were informed by their peers in the Scottish Premier League that Rangers’ financial misdemeanours — including tax avoidance — meant they were no longer welcome. Their behaviour over a period of years had compromised the SPL’s sporting integrity. Rangers’ new owners — the original company formed in 1872 died on June 12, 2012 — seemed shocked at this. If so, they badly misread a clear public mood in Scotland that says Rangers need punishment. Even among their own fanbase, this mood exists to varying degrees.So here we are, 29 days before the next SPL season, and there is chaos.

Yet another week will slowly pass before a return to Hampden. Then the Scottish Football League will decide on which division Rangers enter.
The governing body, the SFA, have made apocalyptic statements regarding the possibility that anywhere other than the First Division would mean ‘meltdown’. If Rangers are sent to the bottom, the Third Division, to start again, they would not be back in the Scottish top flight until August 2015 at the earliest, a year after the next World Cup. It is understood that small print enables Sky TV and ESPN to walk away from their agreements should this be next Friday’s decision.

The SFA stress £15.7million would be lost instantly.
On Wednesday, SFA chief executive Stewart Regan said that TV could ‘live’ with Rangers in the First Division for the assumed one season because of the ‘theatre’ of it all.

article-2169254-13EDC276000005DC-238_468x353.jpg

Crisis: The Ibrox club's future remains uncertain

Rangers, the new company romantically called Sevco 5088, will still have to operate under a 12-month transfer embargo and, while ‘we don’t do walking away’ became a springtime catchphrase, Wylde, Davis, Lafferty, Naismith, Aluko, Whittaker, Ness and other players have walked away since. Ally McCoist remains as manager. With an ad hoc squad there is no guarantee Rangers would win the First Division but, if they did, it would mean only one season without Celtic-Rangers games and, as Regan said: ‘It’s no secret that the media value of TV contracts is predicated on Old Firm derbies.

‘Without Old Firm derbies the value takes a substantial drop. The overseas rights are almost exclusively about Old Firm derbies, they’re the only matches overseas want to take.
‘I think it’s fair to say that the broadcasters would live without a year (of the Old Firm), knowing that there is a chance that year could be of terrific interest — “How are this team going to do?” There will be a galvanising of fans, a siege mentality, the broadcasters see that as a positive.

‘But, beyond that, you start to think that media value will be less and less. They cannot possibly agree to a five-year contract when a substantial period of that contract does not contain games they thought they’d bought.’

article-2169437-13D1D9ED000005DC-427_468x286.jpg

Strong feelings: thousands of fans have demonstrated outside Ibrox since the old Rangers were liquidated on June 12

A hazard for this argument is that Livingston were relegated to the Third Division, from the First, three years ago after liquidation. They are the precedent. If ‘sporting integrity’ is the aim, then Rangers should follow Livingston and Sky TV can join those walking away. Emotionally, this is popular. It ties in with a public mood that wants the powerful, whether they be bankers, politicians or football club owners, punished — not bailed out.

Rangers have accumulated debt of £130m and anxious creditors. Many fans in Scotland feel trapped. Dick Advocaat, the Ibrox Imelda Marcos, spent £92m on players — £12m on Tore Andre Flo — and a strong feeling is that Rangers bought their success. Ibrox lived beyond its means and opponents think they paid for it, once then, now a second time.
The chairmen of the Scottish First Division clubs know this is the angry will of their people. It has shaped their thoughts.In the midst of this, though, it is worth asking if Livingston really are a suitable precedent.

Formerly Meadowbank Thistle, Livingston have been in their town only since 1995. The capacity of Almondvale is 10,000. When Livingston entered the Third Division, their first home game attracted 632 spectators. In an English sense it’s like comparing Manchester United to Stevenage.
Against that stand principles of fairness, justice, sporting integrity.

Scotland is one of the homes of the game but the place is a mess. Celtic are 1-33 to win the SPL next season, which would make it 28 years since a club outside the Old Firm won the league title. If Rangers are guilty of looking after themselves, Scottish football is guilty of not doing so.