• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migrate to Australia

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, they have already increased the requirements to enter Australia. Unless you have $1million AUD cash, not property mind you. Its going to be very hard to enter Australia nowadays. The PRC mei mei is staying another year and is taking a nati course just to lower the IELTS requirement to 4 7s instead of 4 8s

Nothing new.
It is already hard to migrate to Australia, and it gets harder every year.
Esp now the currency is so high and the cost of living is higher, compared with Singapore.

Anyone can see the changes here
http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many countries are giving out easy PR entry to PMETs and kum lan go to Oz.

Instead many are leaving Ozland to places where food and cost of living are lower.

So many kpkb individuals can stop developments that stagnant major infrastructure developments.

Aboriginals are calling the invader angmohs to go home and why not run road elsewhere.

移民到澳大利亚

Today paper Wednesday Feb 1 2012 page 34

Advertisement

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/PDF/20120201/0102BZP034.pdf

MIGRATE TO AUSTRALIA

New regulations will be implemented
this year (1 July 2012) which may make
it more difficult to become a PR! Start
the process now and apply while you still
qualify. Call 6299 0245 for a consultation
schedule or visit www.ntrust.com.sg for
updates and seminar details.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, the Chinese and Indians should go back to their country in Singapore as well. Be they been there for three generations or just one.

Instead many are leaving Ozland to places where food and cost of living are lower.

So many kpkb individuals can stop developments that stagnant major infrastructure developments.

Aboriginals are calling the invader angmohs to go home and why not run road elsewhere.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can name me the countries giving out easy PRs? I bet you cannot.

Personally, I think.

3. Why worry about the Aboriginals? They have been setting up tents for > 40 years. If it is the Singapore govt, they would be asked to go and work, and have the police clamp down on them.
Now they have too much time and still been made used by the White Settlers to show how uncivilised they are.

2. In the Western world, development is not necessary seen as a good thing. That is why everyone is visiting Europe to see the OLD CITIES, not the new cities that are often built next to the old ones. True, too much interference is disrupting business, if only money can be used to settle things. Like in India, having a few servants, cook and driver are common among PMETs

1. This country is founded on the principle of Workers' Paradise. Unfortunately, it allows itself to be integrated into the Asian economy where labor cost is low and mass agricultural production is rife. Workers are being made redundant. Pity. The world moved on but Australia is still trying.

Everyone is earning decent wages.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore counted bo?

Thanks. Only you understand what I am asking. :biggrin:

How is your property hunting?

I just helped a Malaysian couple bought a hidden gem.

385sqm rear block with a survey strata 3-bedroom 1990s house with single carport 9km from CBD.
$395k. But very well maintained. The median for similar houses nearby is $450k.

The front house is 1960s style, not attractive. But drive to the rear block and it opens up to a nice front courtyard and the house is built like an easy maintain cottage.
The kitchen is of a good size and so are all the bedrooms.
The back garden is large and has a potential for a large outdoor "room" complete with enclosed patio. Put in lightings, fountain & landscaping and it will look very luxurious, sitting in the patio sofa looking out to the garden.

The couple don't mind the eye-sore front building which is owned by pensioners. They are sick of renting.

The R/E agent is a East European lady. Talked too much.

There are 8 offers put in, over 3 days, my worker's offer is at least $10k less than the highest bid.

But I spoke with the agent and learnt a few things about the other buyers.

Can tell that the agent is concerned over the buyers who put in the highest bid. The agent drop the word "Over" - meaning over the price range being considered by the seller. And they are the only other couple left looking at the house when I was there. They look like the typical financially naive angmos, from the iPhones they carry to the car they drive. Probably already deep in debt waiting for bailout type.

Straight away, I made the job easy for her.
I told the couple to highlight their financial position when putting in an offer contract. We are the last to submit the offer. The Malaysian lady agreed with my view that we do not need to "up" the offer. Just put in one that they have previously agreed.

True enough, less than 3 hours after the agent presents all the offers, the seller accept the Malaysians' offer (3rd highest) based on the fact that they are putting in the highest deposit. Knowing that the bank will approve the smaller loan.

Lesson learnt for me:
How times change. If a buyer do not have good sized deposit, it does not matter that he/she put in the highest offer.

*** Update ***
At the rate the Perth property prices are falling (7% in Dec) I would have thought that sellers will drop the prices, but it is not to be.
I miscalculated once.

Malaysians and I were looking at another property which I thought will not attract rich migrants, so I suggest $420k. (Seller sticks to boom price $450k)
There are not many people at the home-open which suggest that the price is too high or the property is too small.
But I miscalculated, a migrant from Israel end up getting the property. Good luck to him. He overpaid. on hindsight, I personally will not even caugh out $420k for investment because my breakeven is $380k.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I lost the same war when I was hunting for chicken in Bris in 2005. I had a verbal acceptance but agent indicated the deposit was placed 'on hold' . Knn, I knew something was wrong. They tried to up my offer and reduce the settlement period, I bluntly rejected. Finally, they end up selling to a white builder. What a racist country ! HDB is still the best !
neddy; said:
Lesson learnt for me:
How times change. If a buyer do not have good sized deposit, it does not matter that he/she put in the highest offer.

*** Update ***
At the rate the Perth property prices are falling (7% in Dec) I would have thought that sellers will drop the prices, but it is not to be.
I miscalculated once.

Malaysians and I were looking at another property which I thought will not attract rich migrants, so I suggest $420k. (Seller sticks to boom price $450k)
There are not many people at the home-open which suggest that the price is too high or the property is too small.
But I miscalculated, a migrant from Israel end up getting the property. Good luck to him. He overpaid. on hindsight, I personally will not even caugh out $420k for investment because my breakeven is $380k.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Closing in, has a "holding" deposit down. But have to look at the quality of the builder before I give the 10% deposit.

I've also noticed that as while regarding initial deposit. I'm sitting on 20% now, going for a 450-460K price range. Trying to see if there is anyway to get to 25%, bankwest has a home loan that is going for 6.35% but requires 25% deposit for it. Maybe I should wait a couple of months to get to that? Looks like housing activity may actually slow down or fall further.

I believe that Australia house prices maybe as resilient as its made out to be. Look at the 90s at 17% interest rate, house prices actually did not drop at all. At the end of the day, I'm going to get something I can afford, not what I can't. First few years is going to be tough for me and I need a higher paying job.

Thanks. Only you understand what I am asking. :biggrin:

How is your property hunting?

I just helped a Malaysian couple bought a hidden gem.

385sqm rear block with a survey strata 3-bedroom 1990s house with single carport 9km from CBD.
$395k. But very well maintained. The median for similar houses nearby is $450k.

Lesson learnt for me:

*** Update ***
I miscalculated once.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Closing in, has a "holding" deposit down. But have to look at the quality of the builder before I give the 10% deposit.

I've also noticed that as while regarding initial deposit. I'm sitting on 20% now, going for a 450-460K price range. Trying to see if there is anyway to get to 25%, bankwest has a home loan that is going for 6.35% but requires 25% deposit for it. Maybe I should wait a couple of months to get to that? Looks like housing activity may actually slow down or fall further.

I believe that Australia house prices maybe as resilient as its made out to be. Look at the 90s at 17% interest rate, house prices actually did not drop at all. At the end of the day, I'm going to get something I can afford, not what I can't. First few years is going to be tough for me and I need a higher paying job.

Excellent.

I am increasing finding Australia to be a tougher place to live, esp for those seeking first home ownership.

No need to beat about the bush, anyone who does not have the drive to succeed, will not make it here.

I know of single people who are coming out with ingenious ideas to succeed in home ownerships. So is it a surprise that the stats show that young people are investing in property first before buying.

Take the Indian migrant example
More and more Indians are just staying long enough to get their 2nd passport and a pile of cash - and they are happy to return to booming India (or shuttle between these 2 countries).
While it has been old news about Indians IT people leaving USA back to the home country, I see the trend continuing.
Getting a nanny and home mortgage are expensive in Australia. And one has to jump through hoops to get things done.

In India, the same people can afford a few servants, cook and driver and as long as a person has money, it is never the issues to get things done.

In Singapore, the presence of cheap labours like cleaners and maids, also make life easier. On the one hand, it lowers the cost of living more for those in the lower rungs of social hierarchy, and it generate more jobs so that people in higher-income can benefit.

For sometime now, some notable people in Australia are thinking of getting more foreigners to do cheap labour jobs but the tough labour laws need to be fixed.

- - - - - - - -

I have this Angmo friend who is very inspiring. She is what I called, an antidote, to the whining Singaporeans, Poms and Aussies. She is the type who will dig through her brain to meet the challenges.

Eg Before internet shopping, she love this branded jeans but will not pay the full price in Myers. Using her past experience in sales, she will somehow find a way to find out when the sales is and tell the Myer sales lady to get it from the backstore so that she can have it at a discount.
While many of us will just complain that they have stored good items from sales.

Also, when she moved in with me some years back, she planned the move such that she did not have to dump all her unwanted old furniture. All her old stuff were given away and the efficient way she did it is very unlike typical Aussies.

She is always keeping costs down. Even when advertising in Gumtree, she has a free way of ensuring her advertisement reappears at the top for fresh eyes to see.

She is in the US now but we still keep in contact, because she still inspires me on what she is doing over there. Even my current wife find her inspiring.

Last edited: