• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Midget size Singapore joining Pacific Submarine Arms Race

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Singapore is a paper tiger...... got weapons but no balls to fight a war...

Because a war would destroy the economy.

Weapons are for show, and then to be given away when shelf life is over....... like our junked F-16s.....

Who would want to fight a war with us?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
actually. there would be no wars if opposing sides are armed to the teeth / evenly matched. wars happen when there is a military imbalance between opposing sides. so some military expenditure is necessary even for a island like us.

That is truly the most inaccurate statement I have heard in a long time. WW1 all major european combatants were heavily armed and evenly match. They still went to war and fought themselves into a stalemate thru trench warfare. Iran and Iraq also evenly matched and fought themselves into a draw. we are so small, we will always be militarily imbalanced in some way. your logic makes no sense.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
RSN main interest is to defend the LOC which extend well beyond our territorial water.

Really? Where is this Line? I have yet to see one statement by the RSN as to where the line starts. And whya re we so kaypoh to kowtim some body of water way beyond our own territorial water? Why don't we just park our navy outside Jakarta and say that is where we start the line?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Singapore is a bitch of USA. USA regards Singapore as its SE Asian military outpost.

Military post is one thing. But I fear its worse than that. I think there is some secret treaty somewhere where the SAF is going to be the surrogate force for the US to use. They have a history of doing this. eg ARVN was basically being handed off combat duties against the NVA towards the end of the Vietnam war.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Well, lets just say singapore is a small boy surrounded by big mats. If the push comes to the shove. It will be good to see the small boy have atleast a knife in hand. Even if we are outsized. See which mat dare to try.

You are such a dumbshit. What would be the reasoning for them to "push" us around? U think they have nothing better to do?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are such a dumbshit. What would be the reasoning for them to "push" us around? U think they have nothing better to do?

The people running Singapore are infected by the siege mentality of the Israelis. Oooh, big, bad hostile Muslim neighbours, let's keep our fences a little higher. :rolleyes:

But it's all good business for the military-industrial complex. The amount of money spent in developing and buying/selling weapons totally dwarfs the money spent on building vanity projects.

Now you know why there isn't any money for healthcare and welfare. :wink:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The people running Singapore are infected by the siege mentality of the Israelis. Oooh, big, bad hostile Muslim neighbours, let's keep our fences a little higher. :rolleyes:

But it's all good business for the military-industrial complex. The amount of money spent in developing and buying/selling weapons totally dwarfs the money spent on building vanity projects.

Now you know why there isn't any money for healthcare and welfare. :wink:

I think originally, Con You started out as one paranoiac SOB anyway, and when the "mexicans" got here, they just encouraged him and fed his paranoia. If you look at the last decade or so, the military spending is definitely skewed more towards non israeli products. The Jews used to dominate all the arms sales to the SAF. We bought tanks, missiles, aircraft from them. Now we only buy some UAVs, co develop a rifle, and some surveillance planes from them. I was surprised when they went with the Leo 2 instead of the Merk. We still have a substantial relationship with the jews but increasingly, we are diversifing our arms supplies to other countries. I guess the bribes were not as large from the tight fisted jews as they are from the French, americans and germans.

Every dollar spend on arms is one less spend on healthcare and welfare. Sinkies don't understand this.

AhNeh

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are such a ignorant fool. If the small boy is not armed. We would have been bitch slapped many times by the kris waving mats long ago . For wat purpose? Use ur kidney to think , dun use ur brain. To gain internal political vote? Play religion card? Territory? Water issue? Race card?
I dun even know you and you call me a dumbshit cos of my opinion. Wat else cant a kris waving bitch talking mat do?
Seriously , u trust our neighbours to be some sane , wise nice and friendly fella here to protect and befriend you? Where have you been living at? Mars?

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Warfare changed it's now part if the greater eco system imagine the Asia Pac defense like iOS US being iOS like the LCCs n countries like Singapore n japan like the apps in iOS in time of conflict our F16 can tap on Intel seen by LCC that could then vector our F15 to attack.

Hence more n more we r integrating our combat sys w US.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the easiest, cheapest, bestest way to invade sg is just invade with a tourist visa and visitor pass. her neighboring cuntries do not have to resort to a military invasion. just provide a hundred bucks as enticement and incentive, prepare boats and send in the losers, jobless, economic refugees, clueless, and poor by the masses to swarm her ports of entry and coastal borders, and sg will break and beg for mercy. of course, she will kpkb at diplomatic channels, but that will be of no avail as her neighboring cuntries can claim her immigration policy and cheebye are wide open... as big as the uterus-shaped marina barrage. :p

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You are such a ignorant fool. If the small boy is not armed. We would have been bitch slapped many times by the kris waving mats long ago . For wat purpose? Use ur kidney to think , dun use ur brain. To gain internal political vote? Play religion card? Territory? Water issue? Race card?
I dun even know you and you call me a dumbshit cos of my opinion. Wat else cant a kris wave bitch talking mat do?

Wow, you truly are a dumb mother fucker. I think you swallowed too much PAP sperm, it rotted your brains. Kris waving Mats? I presume u talking about malaysia. Just say so lah. Simi lancheow internal vote? Got so many malay politicians want to fight our GE here meh?

Simi lancheow race card? There are 12 million non Malays in Malaysia. They have to kill them all first before they even start bothering with singapore. Malaysia also has double the chinese population that singapore has. They can occupy themsleves fully in malaysia going after those chinese. why bother to come here?

Simi lancheow water issue? The water is in their land, and it belongs to them. They sell, don;t sell to us is a legal matter. In any case, we have diversified into sai chui, and desalination. U are just using old fear mongering tactics here.

What territory are u talking about? We are such a small place. we got gold on our soil? oil? diamonds? So, they unleash their army on our territoty to take it over? what will they have? bombed out hdb housing estates? destroyed airports and harbours? It will cost them billions to repair it if their intention is to capture our territory and use it.

U see, i have answered everyone of your paranoiac points of view. Lets hear a rational response from u, if you are capable of it.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is truly the most inaccurate statement I have heard in a long time. WW1 all major european combatants were heavily armed and evenly match. They still went to war and fought themselves into a stalemate thru trench warfare. Iran and Iraq also evenly matched and fought themselves into a draw. we are so small, we will always be militarily imbalanced in some way. your logic makes no sense.

there are obviously other factors beside the military strength imbalance that influence countries to fight wars. a country will think twice before attacking another militarily evenly matched country. Singapore despite its small size and natural disadvantages still need a proper armed forces on the surface to create an impression to rest of world that Singapore is militarily competent. i can accept and understand why we overspend on the military budget to some degree but not the current excessive ludicrous spending which stood for too long already.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
the easiest, cheapest, bestest way to invade sg is just invade with a tourist visa and visitor pass. her neighboring cuntries do not have to resort to a military invasion. just provide a hundred bucks as enticement and incentive, prepare boats and send in the losers, jobless, economic refugees, clueless, and poor by the masses to swarm her ports of entry and coastal borders, and sg will break and beg for mercy. of course, she will kpkb at diplomatic channels, but that will be of no avail as her neighboring cuntries can claim her immigration policy and cheebye are wide open... as big as the uterus-shaped marina barrage. :p

Shit, aren't they doing that now? So, we are being invaded by China, Phillipines, and India? With their allies Vietnam and Myanmar?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now we only buy some UAVs, co develop a rifle, and some surveillance planes from them. I was surprised when they went with the Leo 2 instead of the Merk. We still have a substantial relationship with the jews but increasingly, we are diversifing our arms supplies to other countries. I guess the bribes were not as large from the tight fisted jews as they are from the French, americans and germans.

i agree the merkava is a better choice, if not better, mbt than the leo2. with the ability of carrying up to 06xriflemen at the back, there wont be a need to have so many APCs/IFVs to maintain. Since there a shortage of manpower, the merkava would have boost the firepower of each active units without the need to raise a new battalion. unlike now, the leo2 battalion are being split among the other 3 AI battalions, causing the confusion in command and control as the leo2 OC will have to take orders from two COs, his/her own 48 CO and the CO of the AI battalion. i wonder did my neighbour's son (active nsf-kh camp) smoke me when he told me this?

i hope the reason saf choose the leo2 is because the easy accessible of parts and spares. but somehow i felt it because kickbacks from Krauss-Maffei is higher as the leo2 saf got were recon sets (leo2a4) with the protection from chemical and biological device removed.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not understand the huge amounts we spend on the military. We are listed as number 22, ahead of Iran, Iraq, Pakistan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Just need for our neighbors to rattle their sables and all out rich will dump their Marina Bay Condo and leave (who knows local banks might be left holding the bag).

Perhaps this is all new US world order. To join the US club, 1) must buy US weapons (good for business) 2) must pay for training and train with US 3) will be given a role on the US military posture.

US can no longer afford to fight wars overseas. So they can move in 2 carrier groups and Austrialia, Singapore, Phillipines kick in the rest of the pieces as well as the logistic costs.

It costs a lot to win a war. Some say you need a 3 or 4 to 1 advantage ratio. But then you see Iraq and Afghanistan where US likley spend $50 for every $1 spent by enemy. China can throw in $300B which means US needs 1 T just to mantain that advantage

coldwater

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what should we do? Since we r small, we should only buy pleasurecraft n let the malaysians and Indons drive a submarine up the singapore river?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
there are obviously other factors beside the military strength imbalance that influence countries to fight wars. a country will think twice before attacking another militarily evenly matched country. Singapore despite its small size and natural disadvantages still need a proper armed forces on the surface to create an impression to rest of world that Singapore is militarily competent. i can accept and understand why we overspend on the military budget to some degree but not the current excessive ludicrous spending which stood for too long already.

A standing armed forces of 100,000 is more than enough.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
i agree the merkava is a better choice, if not better, mbt than the leo2. with the ability of carrying up to 06xriflemen at the back, there wont be a need to have so many APCs/IFVs to maintain. Since there a shortage of manpower, the merkava would have boost the firepower of each active units without the need to raise a new battalion. unlike now, the leo2 battalion are being split among the other 3 AI battalions, causing the confusion in command and control as the leo2 OC will have to take orders from two COs, his/her own 48 CO and the CO of the AI battalion. i wonder did my neighbour's son (active nsf-kh camp) smoke me when he told me this?

i hope the reason saf choose the leo2 is because the easy accessible of parts and spares. but somehow i felt it because kickbacks from Krauss-Maffei is higher as the leo2 saf got were recon sets (leo2a4) with the protection from chemical and biological device removed.

Leo 2 was bought because Germany offered them at almost "friendship prices". They came in as base Leo 2A4 models. Later, the real money was spend modernizing them to A5 models locally. When u modernize locally, its easier to collect more kickbacks. Unlike the Merk, this tank has never been proven in combat. The real issue with the Leo is the manpower issue. Already, many armour units are short staff. Than they go from a 3 man AMX-13 crew to a 4 man crew for the Leo. It makes it worse. A better choice might be the Leclerc with a 3 man crew and an autoloader. Really, your main threat is the PT-91. Almost all 120mm APFSDS ammo can defeat this tank in all aspects. So, if a 120mm tank gun can defeat the PT, than the issue becomes which tank to mount it on. manpower is really crucial in the armour units now. The tanks is also much more sophisticated than the AMX-13, and I am not sure they can run a conversion course within the time period of an ICT for the tankie reservists.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So what should we do? Since we r small, we should only buy pleasurecraft n let the malaysians and Indons drive a submarine up the singapore river?

Agree with you.. From the S'pore River the Indons or the Malaysians crack troops can then storm the nearby Parleement and shoot those Pappy Scums for all I care..:biggrin:

You must be one of those Gong Gongs that truly believe the propaganda shit that the PAP have been drumming inside Sinkie's brains for decades..

Think about this.. You think the Malaysians got nothin better to do than to invade tiny snort Sinkie Land..???? They can invade this shit country for all I care..

I ask you this.. You're really willing to die for the PAP regime by defending this country.. Don't give me the usual shit '' I love my country and I will defend them at all cost '' blah blah blah..

This country has already gone to the dogs under the PAP leegime...