• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MHA reaction after Kovan double murder

no_life_boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think SAF pay much more better than other unit form groups. Got to know someone who is a Station Inspector (one rank higher then SSgt) married (wife not working) with two kids leave likes a beggar.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
They only allow people to be in debt for a 30 years debt that they created for you......hdb loan is ok. Overspending to buy a pigeon hole is ok, but one cannot "overspend" on other things.
Property loan is secured against the property, so deemed safer.

Unsecured loans are the killer, as interest rates are much higher and is usually taken by over spenders. Once a person is addicted to unsecured loans, it will be downward spiral.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How much is his salary?

I think SAF pay much more better than other unit form groups. Got to know someone who is a Station Inspector (one rank higher then SSgt) married (wife not working) with two kids leave likes a beggar.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As usual there will be knee-jerk reaction within the Ministry. CP is taking the whole incident rather personal as the suspect is a man under his charge. Despite following the current procedure for officers who has becomes security threat due to financial problem, this happened.

They are thinking of conducting a mass clean-up and getting all officers to declare their financial status and those of their immediate family (e.g. including wife and children).

Akan datang: an upcoming episode of Crimewatch where they portray police officers as friendly, trustworthy, righteous characters. :rolleyes:

If you have seen your fair share of propaganda in this country, you ain't seen nothing yet. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serves him right for getting married, becoming the 'sole breadwinner' (read: feeding a parasite wife), and producing two kids in Singapore.

Possibly even worse if an maid is employed and the bitch-wife sits around in the house doing fuck-all.

This arrangement will impoverish any man, not just a policeman.

You signed up for it. You signed up for it.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Akan datang: an upcoming episode of Crimewatch where they portray police officers as friendly, trustworthy, righteous characters. :rolleyes:

If you have seen your fair share of propaganda in this country, you ain't seen nothing yet. :wink:
Iskandar also look friendly, trustworthy and righteous.

No point lah. Next time police knock on your door, you have legitimate right not to open door for fear of being murdered.

If you need to go police station to report a case, better wear Kevlar vest.

no_life_boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serves him right for getting married, becoming the 'sole breadwinner' (read: feeding a parasite wife), and producing two kids in Singapore.

Possibly even worse if an maid is employed and the bitch-wife sits around in the house doing fuck-all.

This arrangement will impoverish any man, not just a policeman.

You signed up for it. You signed up for it.

err he has not maid. One of their kids is handicap so wife has to be at home to takecare.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Iskandar also look friendly, trustworthy and righteous.

No point lah. Next time police knock on your door, you have legitimate right not to open door for fear of being murdered.

If you need to go police station to report a case, better wear Kevlar vest.

Did you know that it is illegal for Sporeans to own bullet proof vests in Spore:eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MP salary alreay super big by average standards.and most MPs have a day job with another income

I doubt that wealthy PAP members would be satisfied with just a few million. LKY & his family is rumoured to be worth billions. How do civil servants get to be so wealthy without some corruption:confused:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely true, and there is this rule that if you want to take CPf For housing, you MUST Get a loan first, if not cannot extract one single cent from CPF?.. WTF.
and i know its true coz it happen to me
So i also in debt just coz i want to use my little CPF

Are you sure you have to take out a loan first before utilising CPF? What if you don't wish to take a loan but instead pay 70% of the price with cash and 30% from CPF. Isn't that ok?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is a protection gear, why not allowed :confused:

I also don't know why. Must ask the authorities lah.

I found out from reading the sign at a border crossing i.e. returning from JB. So next time you are returning to Spore look up for those signs which show taxable & illegal items.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are you sure you have to take out a loan first before utilising CPF? What if you don't wish to take a loan but instead pay 70% of the price with cash and 30% from CPF. Isn't that ok?

As u know with the one million i was made to buy a property. The one i chose, i can pay off all at once but i know i have $16000 + in CPF
I told the house lawyer and i was told in order to withdraw CPF I must have some sort of housing loan, so i got the min loan amount for min time just to extract my cpf

It s a fucking stupid rule

Unless the lawyer got unhinged mind, that i doubt

Plus the loan i took eventually was not from one of the banks the firm normally deals with so no connection with the firm

They are alot of fucking stary dog third parties ever ready to attack . U will all hear the truth. 19 21 nov

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The life of a police officer (especially those holding lower ranks) is truly a tough one.

They are not allowed to become members of any Unions nor allowed to strike, etc...How then to make legitimate demands?

The unit that is supposed to take care of their needs (both emotional and welfare) is today concerned with making money.

Some frustrated cops take their own lives through self-inflicted injuries like gun-shot wounds. This has been in the news many a times.

Many police officers are a suffering lot, who are not well taken care of. They are the silent sufferers. Pathetic lot.......

When they do good no one remembers but when they make mistakes no one forgives and forget.

There was a time in the 80s when many cops were driven into suicide.

The then CP made matters worse by issuing Orders that even wreaths should not be sent to the families of the deceased cops.

Our police officers work long hours as the SPF wants to further trim costs. Normal patrolmen clock more then 12 hours per day.

Those that are worse off are the Investigation Officers who toil long hours and had to visit mortuaries the next day to identify mortal remains of people to the Coroner.

They then come back to office and continue to put up IPs for cases that they encounter during their past 24 hours shift the previous day.

IOs also have to encounter rude and demanding MPs, Ministers, DPPs and face fiery lawyers in Courts. Sometimes they are even chided by the Judicial Officers.

This sort of work takes a toll on their wedded lives and many of them end up as divorcees. Some goes into depression.

I do not support the action of the poor police officer who is now remanded for the double murders but feel that some form of recognition ought to be there when he was in service.

The CP (Ng Joo Hee) did the right thing by visiting the wake of the murdered duo.

But what about the parents, wife, kids especially of that cop? These are the silent sufferers now. What is their crime? Why are they treated as pariahs?

Something ought to be done for these poor innocent people too. They are humans after all.

In conclusion many past police officers paid for their lives in protecting the community.

Please treat such cases with sympathy and above all, the top management and Minister should emphatise with these people.

The media can also help by not making such cases sensational.

At the end of the day policemen are all humans just like corrupted politicians of the past.

Last edited: