• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mccain will become the next President of the USA.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if he loss the election, and here's why.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyspCRmJv7w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyspCRmJv7w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xyspCRmJv7w

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi DW,

Despite what the polls are stating, the Democrats fear "The Bradley Effect" in elections. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect.

You see, the thing is that people of the U.S. are reluctant vote for an African-American despite perhaps saying that they are either neutral or undecided.

The stark thing is that people in the rural parts of were never asked to be part of the polls, the polls were generally carried out in densely populated metropolitan centres.

Also with ACORN ( a supposedly apolitical non partisan organisation that receives taxpayers' money for its operations) being investigated for voter registration fraud and for canvassing for Obama, things are not looking too good for him.

Like he said, "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" will be all to real for him.

Hence come November it would really be interesting to see if Obama will actually become President.

Cheers,

MM

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born_citizen

It is thought the origin of the natural-born citizen clause can be traced to a letter of July 25, 1787 from John Jay (who had been born in New York City) to George Washington (who had been born in Virginia), presiding officer of the Constitutional Convention. John Jay wrote: "Permit me to hint, whether it would be wise and seasonable to provide a strong check to the admission of Foreigners into the administration of our national Government; and to declare expressly that the Commander in Chief of the American army shall not be given to nor devolve on, any but a natural born Citizen." There was no debate, and this qualification for the office of the Presidency was introduced by the drafting Committee of Eleven, and then adopted without discussion by the Constitutional Convention. (43 of the 55 delegates had been born in the Thirteen Colonies, and the others had been born on British-occupied soil: Ireland, England, Scotland, and the British West Indies.[1][unreliable source?])

The 2003 Equal Opportunity to Govern Amendment, a proposed amendment to the US Constitution, would, if adopted, have removed the prohibition against naturalized citizens holding the office of the President.

Cases in other courts relating specifically to the "natural born citizen" clause

Two United States District Courts have ruled that private citizens do not have standing to challenge the eligibility of candidates to appear on a presidential election ballot. Robinson v. Bowen, 567 F. Supp. 2d 1144 (N.D. Cal. 2008); Hollander v. McCain, 2008WL2853250 (D.N.H. 2008). In dicta in each of these cases, it was also opined that if the plaintiffs did have standing, the likelihood of success on the merits (which is part of the legal test for the issuance of a preliminary injunction) would be low. The opinion in one of the cases also cited to a statutory method[16] by which the eligibility of the President-elect to take office may be challenged in Congress.

MAKE IT SO!

Last edited:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi DW,

Despite what the polls are stating, the Democrats fear "The Bradley Effect" in elections. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect.

You see, the thing is that people of the U.S. are reluctant vote for an African-American despite perhaps saying that they are either neutral or undecided.

The stark thing is that people in the rural parts of were never asked to be part of the polls, the polls were generally carried out in densely populated metropolitan centres.

Also with ACORN ( a supposedly apolitical non partisan organisation that receives taxpayers' money for its operations) being investigated for voter registration fraud and for canvassing for Obama, things are not looking too good for him.

Like he said, "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" will be all to real for him.

Hence come November it would really be interesting to see if Obama will actually become President.

Cheers,

MM

I believe too, Mr Mccain will win. End of the day, it will be about race. White or African American.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
then ... USA is doomed

Singapore lagi doomed. You see my friend, if there is a light ahead of this trouble times, America will be the first to see it. It will take alot more time for sinkeeland to feel the rays.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi DW,

Cheers,

MM

Ha ha ha, I have been hearing my american friends here in sinkeetown speak about voting for Obama all year long. They are doing that just to pleased our ears. But reality is, they are voting for Mccain.

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Chups,

Just like how we hear Sgeans talking of voting for the opposition and then they go vote for the PAP.

Even Opposition candidates openly and blatantly vote for the PAP what more can be so incredulous?

Many of my American friends have already stated quite unequivocally that they prefer McCain eventhough they are registered Democrats since their support was for Hillary Clinton.

Cheers,

MM

P/s Sorry for not quoting.

Last edited:

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the poll tally so far, it seems Obama is still favoured to win. Not to mention, his preaching of fundamental change seems not only to be better received by the americans, but also ally nations.

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe too, Mr Mccain will win. End of the day, it will be about race. White or African American.

Hi LA41,

I too think that there will be an upward swing for the Repubs in the coming 7 to 10 days, afterall there is only like 15 days to go.

Yes, indeed sadly but true, race still is an issue.

Cheers,

MM

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Chups,

Just like how we hear Sgeans talking of voting for the opposition and then they go vote for the PAP.

Even Opposition candidates openly and blatantly vote for the PAP what more can be so incredulous?

the problems are not voters..it's mofos who came up with the GRC idea!

how could 33.3% of opposition votes get you 2% of the representation in the Parliament?

this is bloody cheating in the elections.

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
the problems are not voters..it's mofos who came up with the GRC idea!

how could 33.3% of opposition votes get you 2% of the representation in the Parliament?

this is bloody cheating in the elections.
That's bcos 66.6% made them feel like punks who can do as they please. The concept of GRC just means that the MPs can afford to slack on their job, while still fetching top dollar MP allowances.

Compare the work-rate of GRC MPs vs the single-warded MPs, and we already know the difference, let alone compare them against the single-ward oppositions.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Post #2

I have heard from pollsters the following groups of people have not been represented in their polls: people who work several jobs and are not at home when the pollsters call for their opinion; and people who do not have fixed-line phones, i.e. their only phones are mobiles. The question then would be what the demographics of these two groups are. The first one is a mixed bag but they are almost definitely poor and many are blacks. Those who only have mobiles are likely to be young.

It is also untrue that rural America is not asked in the polls. In fact, they are likely to be over-represented because they have more regular schedules and are more contactable by pollsters on the phone.

I'm not saying that Obama should already be getting quotes for the move to the White House but there might be more than one way to look at statistical sampling.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyspCRmJv7w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyspCRmJv7w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xyspCRmJv7w

I do not know the law or the detailed facts of the case. I do note though the venomous choice of words used by the lawyer who calls himself a democrat, e.g. 'he's a fraud....' 'disgusting', etc. A proper advocate in pursuit of the truth would be more more circumspect - this person speaks a softer version of demagogy. Also, he himself admitted that Obama had acted within his legal rights and satisfied the legal requirements, and yet he chooses to continue to pursue this matter.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore wishes both candidates all the best and will stand behind the decision which the American people make for the sake of world and their country.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bradley effect is, I think, while something to note, has been rather highlighted too much in recent months. I think its because of 3 reasons:

1) Other blacks who have run for office way before Obama has set the stage for more whites to be comfortable with the idea of accepting blacks in political office.

2) America has got a lot younger with immigration and most 2nd and 3rd generation Americans of Spanish/Asian descent are more comfortable in voting for the Democratic Party and for other people other than their own race. Nowadays its not strange to see an Asian american voting for a Latino/black candidate during elections.

And besides its also the same for young, Gen Y Americans who are in their teens to their mid-twenties as well.

3) Colin Powell has done the rest for Sen. Obama over the weekend. Gen. Powell is another black who is deemed not threatening towards the whites. And he has the best security credentials, and one of the pragmatic, traditionalist Republicans of the Eisenhower mold. And with Powell's endorsement, and his standing within the US military, his endorsement of Obama only means that some military families, whom are undecided, will probably consider Obama instead of McCain.

pfingo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is common knowledge that the American people are not ready for a women or Black President

...and just to rub it into the Democrats, there is no proof even IF Obama won, he would succeed...so why fix it, if it aint broke?:biggrin:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is common knowledge that the American people are not ready for a women or Black President

...and just to rub it into the Democrats, there is no proof even IF Obama won, he would succeed...so why fix it, if it aint broke?:biggrin:

The Americans have already defied the odds by giving Clinton 18 million votes. They have again defied the odds by giving the nomination to Sen. Obama.

If they have both, and now with a terrible economical outlook, I'm sure they will defy the odds again. Let us not think about the past; let us look at the bright future. Sen. Obama can win on the merits, and he will. I'm sure of that.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much more American can he be?

39580730.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-obama-grandmaoct21,0,3939455.story