• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matland minah who couldn't speak Chinese beat all PRCs in singing competition

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bulk of the contestants were PRC but there were also representatives from Korea, Japan, Thailand, also India.

Meritocratic Multiracial Singapore sent two singers, both Chinese to double the chances.
After all Malay singers e.g. the SIngapore Idol winners only won because of Malay telephone votes.

Malaysia Boleh sent one Malay and one Chinese singer.
Malaysia always like that, never think. (Silly Malaysia even have Chinese fighter pilots. One of them woman summore.)

Well this Malay Malaysian lass whack them all hollow hollow and won the judges over especially with the two Mandarin songs.

You are correct on the singapore idol's reason of malays winning the votes. In fact in the first SI even taufik himself was shocked he got thru. He himself thought he wasn't good enough. Anyway it's really hard to imagine the local malays even learning mandarin or even attempting to sing in mandarin despite the fact that sg has majority chinese so it was plain obvious sg was going to send 2 chinese singers to take part.

So this malay girl was allowed to sing songs in any language but chose to sing 2 mandarin songs? I hope the judges didn't again take into the entire wow a non chinese learning our language i'm so impressed shit again. In short i hope the judges were not biased nor swayed due to her being non chinese singing in chinese and discounting her singing ability. It just appears to me that chinese ppl are so enamoured with ppl that speak their language much more than other nationalities. Take thailand for eg. It's not even uncommon to see a white man speaking thai. I once was on a thai airways flight and this ang moh stewardess that looked 100% ang moh could speak thai and that's common. I can only imagine her being on say a china airways flight and ppl going wow you can speak chinese!

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i do not know what is she singing. her pronunciations are all off. i do agree she has a good voice.

Last edited:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great singing. But can she save Maitland from muggings car jackings and kidnappings?

And a slow and backward society.

you sure is a sour grape. as much as I a chinese give credit where it is due unlike sinkie like you who just cow beh cow bu only and cannot even win any Olympics medal(depend on China import which is so shameful) unlike Matland who won olympics medals on their own merit. BTW for suaku like you car jackings, shootings and kidnappings happens frequently in europe, USA etc. only backward countries like bangladesh does not have car jacking.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you think her 征服 was good, wait till you hear this one!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xPwyNpsZRYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
but the minah are much more creative in the area of human pleasures.

True, They know how to fuck without being stiff, premature ejaculating and lying on the bed like a dead fish. Bonus is, They use water so below don't usually have funky smell.:biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The marketing for this show sucks. This show produces better quality singing but it is the other show "Voice of China" that is getting all the hype on the Internet.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wow!!!! This Minah got very good voice.. Even Alan Tam was impressed with her singing.. Congrats to her..

Minah Power Boleh!!!!

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. the screen shot made me looked so "short" leh.
3. hahahaha!
4. yes, the minah has very powerful vocals, good range too.
5. although her diction needs working on it.
6. she is one fantastic powerhouse!

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem with minahs is that once they are married, they grow sideways very quickly leh....

Thats because
1. They swallow lots of protein once they are married. because Abangs want to get hisap
2. They spend lots of time lying in various prone positions..and the fatty body tissue can only flow sideways

tomoko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can Shila understand mandarin? She seems to be nodding when the judges gave their comments, does Shila understand what the judge is saying?

tomoko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe all the minahs with good voice should learn chinese. Bigger market.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/shila-amzah-bangga-dapat-tonjol-1malaysia-kepada-dunia-135621777.html
"Saya mendapat beberapa tawaran daripada China, tapi keputusan muktamadmengenainya akan diumumkan kemudian," kata Shila, 22, yang melibatkan diri
dalam bidang nyanyian sejak 12 tahun lepas.

""I got a few offers from China, but the final decision details will be announced later, "said Shila, 22, who engages
singing in the past 12 years."