• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manny Pacquiao in Singapore!

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boxing champ Manny 'Pacman' Pacquiao in S'pore for first time

By Satish Cheney | Posted: 20 August 2010 1759 hrs
phppe0gWs.jpg

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=260 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD width=20 align=right></TD><TD width=240 align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD height=60 vAlign=top></TD><TD class=update height=80 vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=update></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD><TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccccc" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=240><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SINGAPORE : Manny 'Pacman' Pacquiao, who has been described as arguably one of the best boxers in the world, is in Singapore at the invitation of the Singapore Tourism Board.

Pacquiao is also a congressman, an actor and an icon back home in the Philippines.

The first boxer in history to win world titles in seven different weight divisions, Pacquiao arrived at Changi Airport on Friday morning.

Here for the first time, the champ will be checking out the latest attractions here such as Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer.

He delighted fans by signing autographs and taking pictures at a local boxing club in the afternoon, as well as having a brief chat with Singapore's Youth Olympic Games boxer Mohamed Hanurdeen Hamid.

Pacquiao said: "I am very happy to be here because this is my first time and I am surprised with the hospitality and the warm welcome that they have given me."

Pacquiao also said he may hang up his gloves soon to focus on the political ring.

He said: "I am not going to stay long in boxing because I am getting older and I have a political career. Maybe two years more and that is it. My political career has a good starting and I am doing well in Congress and I hope I can do more."

Pacquiao said there are plans to do some of the filming for his Filipino TV show ' SHOW ME DA MANNY' in Singapore.

His next fight will be in November and he said he will start training next week. - CNA/ms

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He looks mean and not to be taken as a joke, if he becomes the Presidon of Pinoys, all his useless cabinet ministers will get a black eye or two, at least.

Nobody will dare mess with him.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
He looks mean and not to be taken as a joke, if he becomes the Presidon of Pinoys, all his useless cabinet ministers will get a black eye or two, at least.

Nobody will dare mess with him.
If he becomes President, let us just hope the Pinoy Parliament does not end up the same as the Taiwanese Legislature.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have no doubt whatsoever that Manny Pacquiao the Pacman will become the President of the Philippines one day. He was poor but now he's made good. He has the common touch and he's still so humble despite his huge fame and wealth.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he becomes the president, the pinoys should be quite happy, as they need not spend $ on hiring or assigning bodyguards for him. the pauper will look to sports as the new avenue to get them out of their poverty. they will have more sports talents than highly irritable tele-marketeers.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the Pinoy Parliament to be like the Taiwanese, Pinoys must first elect Mr. Pacman's friends in the boxing industry, and the opposition will put his arch enemies into government.

Like this, will sure fight. :biggrin:

If he becomes President, let us just hope the Pinoy Parliament does not end up the same as the Taiwanese Legislature.