• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2012-13

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very unlikely the special one will choose OT. Mourinho is returning to the bridge knowing very well that the team Chelsea has reconstructed over the years will only need minor tweaking to win the EPL and possibly CL. Ramirez and Mata were the two best buys. All he really need to do is to get 1-2 reliable front man, a central defender and a keeper. That is enough to see Chelsea dominate the premier league for years.

It would be a big mistake if Mou insist on keeping Lamps and Terry coz these are the two remaining 'bandits' Abramovich wants out. The boss is likely to provide Mou with the cash to replace these bums.

I can't believe Lamps is so silly to tell Abram that if the manager selects him for the first eleven, he'll ensure CL qualification. That year Chelsea won the CL despite a poor start. Sure enough Abram knew that a group of players were calling the shots. He fired Di Matteo when the opportunity came and he's bent on dismantling that group.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
His CV is nowhere as glowing as big names like Mourinho, Capello, Klopp or even Benitez. As a United I'm willing to give him a chance to make his mark.

What concerns me is the fact that David Gill is set to leave as well which begs the question will the current structure change with the introduction of the new CEO. Second, who will assist Moyes? Can Moyes work with the new CEO? If you recall the Kenyon-Fergie relationship was a difficult one. Kenyon was a tough master who will not give a penny more to Fergie to rejuvenate the squad. One was looking after the shareholders and the other the fans.

Moyes will definitely not be given crumbs but both these guys will need to work closely if they are to achieve anything for the club, fans and shareholders.

Shinji Kagawa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?deepLinkEmbedCode=kwZzljYjpyJlgEJvYAElpnqx77uy0Nf4&embedCode=kwZzljYjpyJlgEJvYAElpnqx77uy0Nf4&video_pcode=oza2w6q8gX9WSkRx13bskffWIuyf"></script>

What Does Manchester United Do With Revenue?

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moyes confirmed as new Man Utd manager
Submitted by Dave Williams on Thu, 05/09/2013 - 15:24

Manchester United have confirmed the appointment of David Moyes as their new manager on a six-year contract.

The 50-year-old will take charge at Old Trafford on July 1 after completing the season with Everton.

Moyes said: "It's a great honour to be asked to be the next manager of Manchester United.

"I am delighted that Sir Alex saw fit to recommend me for the job. I have great respect for everything he has done and for the football club.

"I know how hard it will be to follow the best manager ever, but the opportunity to manage Manchester United isn't something that comes around very often and I'm really looking forward to taking up the post next season.

"I have had a terrific job at Everton, with a tremendous chairman and board of directors and a great set of players.

"Between now and the end of the season, I will do everything in my power to make sure we finish as high as possible in the table.

"Everton's fantastic fans have played a big part in making my years at Goodison so enjoyable and I thank them wholeheartedly for the support they have given me and the players.

"Everton will be close to me for the rest of my life."

Outgoing boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "When we discussed the candidates that we felt had the right attributes, we unanimously agreed on David Moyes. David is a man of great integrity with a strong work ethic.

"I've admired his work for a long time and approached him as far back as 1998 to discuss the position of assistant manager here.

"He was a young man then at the start of his career and has since gone on to do a magnificent job at Everton.

"There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this club."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/moyes-confirmed-new-man-utd-manager-3956816#.UYymf53TlrQ

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moyes to use Rooney cash to bring Everton pair Baines, Fellaini to Man Utd

David Moyes could raid Everton to boost his new Manchester United squad this summer.

The Manchester Evening News says the Everton boss, who will take over from the retiring Sir Alex Ferguson at the end of the season, will know all about two potential United targets – Leighton Baines and midfielder Marouane Fellaini.

He may well opt to splash up to £30m on the pair to offset the sale of Wayne Rooney, who could be on his way to Chelsea or Bayern Munich after it emerged he recently asked to leave the Reds again.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/moyes-use-rooney-cash-bring-everton-pair-baines-fellaini-man-utd-3956792#.UYyoP53TlrQ

**************************************************************************************************************************

Moyes, u can't be serious about Fellaini????!!!!!!!!!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moyes to use Rooney cash to bring Everton pair Baines, Fellaini to Man Utd

David Moyes could raid Everton to boost his new Manchester United squad this summer.

The Manchester Evening News says the Everton boss, who will take over from the retiring Sir Alex Ferguson at the end of the season, will know all about two potential United targets – Leighton Baines and midfielder Marouane Fellaini.

He may well opt to splash up to £30m on the pair to offset the sale of Wayne Rooney, who could be on his way to Chelsea or Bayern Munich after it emerged he recently asked to leave the Reds again.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/moyes-use-rooney-cash-bring-everton-pair-baines-fellaini-man-utd-3956792#.UYyoP53TlrQ

**************************************************************************************************************************

Moyes, u can't be serious about Fellaini????!!!!!!!!!

Fellaini was once a target of MU.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fellaini was once a target of MU.

If we have 45-50 million pounds. it'd be better if we spend wisely.Wat United needs is a leading playmaker and Fellaini just doesn't fit-poor technique and clumsy. If it really actuates, you can be sure RVP will hand in his transfer request.

Some players are already making plans to exit and I swear I could hear Rooney dialing his agent to get him out of the club ASAP as soon as he heard Moyes is coming. :biggrin::biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we have 45-50 million pounds. it'd be better if we spend wisely.Wat United needs is a leading playmaker and Fellaini just doesn't fit-poor technique and clumsy. If it really actuates, you can be sure RVP will hand in his transfer request.

Some players are already making plans to exit and I swear I could hear Rooney dialing his agent to get him out of the club ASAP as soon as he heard Moyes is coming. :biggrin::biggrin:

[video=youtube;mZFuxC1bdUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZFuxC1bdUk[/video]

Position: Midfielder
Birth Date: Nov 22, 1987
Birth Place: Belgium
Height: 1.94m
Weight: 85 kg

Might not be a bad inclusion after all since he's still relatively young and has been playing midfield under Moyes.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
End of a great era :wink:

_67561605_ferguson_gallery10_getty.jpg_67561766_ferguson_gallery9_getty.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;mZFuxC1bdUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZFuxC1bdUk[/video]

Position: Midfielder
Birth Date: Nov 22, 1987
Birth Place: Belgium
Height: 1.94m
Weight: 85 kg

Might not be a bad inclusion after all since he's still relatively young and has been playing midfield under Moyes.

Nice clip but you really need to watch the 90 minute matches to get a feel of the player that he is. I can fully appreciate Moyes's intention if he 's trying to stretch every inch of the dollar as he did with cash strapped Everton but now that he has been given a far bigger budget, wouldn't it be wise to look for a leader, a quality player to fill in that void.

It's painful to see the likes of Scholes and Giggs trying to hold the midfield together and players whom we thought could step up to the plate only showed glimpses of potential and fade away. Get Strootman, he's a perfect fit for United.

My gut feel is that Moyes wants to repay his former master and club Everton for the loyalty and support they've given him over the years or perhaps he needs a pair of eyes and ears in the dressing room to gauge the sentiment among the players. Cast aside your sentiment Moyes, this is the real deal! United is not playing for 6th or 7th in the league and the sooner you win over the various stakeholders-fans, mgmt, and sponsors the better. As Harry Redknapp said 'he's got his work cut out'.