• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2010-11

jw5

Loyal
Ok, ok, I'll try to liven things up.
Man Utd have done fairly well in the first 3 games of the new EPL season. 2 3-0 home victories over mediocre opposition and a 2-2 away draw at a resiliant Fulham.

Nani, Berbatov and Scholes are in good form.
Rooney is working hard and working his way to form and fitness.
The defence looks quite solild which I attribute to the return of O'Shea who is a solid albeit unspectacular player, the dynamism of Evra who is a great player but not a good choice as captain, and Vidic being appointed captain after sorting out his contract.

The latest rumour is that Fergie wants to buy Rodwell from Everton for 10 Million pounds and is willing to let Carrick go the other way.
Carrick has been disappointing. He only came on for the last 20 minutes against West Ham, but when he and Fletcher were chasing back on defence, Fletcher who had been on the field since the start actually outran him. The impression I have from watching the 2 of them is that they don't really get along. Don't know whether anyone else has noticed.
Diouf has been in fine goalscoring form, unfortunately he is on loan at Blackburn.
Fergie should play Schole and Giggs less often, they look good now, but they will get ragged as the season goes on. Giggs will be 37 in Nov.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Bebe, can be Drogba II, but he need to brush up his skills, right now quite clumsy, but got the speed.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/72zjoSuN-6w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/72zjoSuN-6w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
berbakick.gif

What a beauty of a goal!!
Even Sundram can't beat that.:p
Berbatov's 1st hattrick for Man Utd,
and what a moment to get it.
Bloody shoddy defence need to wake up and
stop giving me heart palpitation!!

D

Dodomeki

Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney faces exit after rejecting new contract

Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney faces exit after rejecting new contract

Wayne Rooney has told Manchester United he will not sign a new contract at Old Trafford, prompting the club to seriously contemplate selling the England forward in the January transfer window.

By Mark Ogden
Published: 10:30PM BST 17 Oct 2010

Wayne_Rooney_1741117c.jpg

Brassed off: Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney has not looked his usual self recently
Photo: ACTION IMAGES

The 24 year-old, last season’s double Footballer of the Year, informed United last week of his intention not to extend his £90,000-a-week deal which is due to expire in June 2012.

Although United dismissed as “nonsense” reports on Sunday that the ''irretrievable breakdown’’ of Rooney’s relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson would signal his departure from Old Trafford, it is understood that such an eventuality is now on the agenda and Ferguson, chief executive David Gill and the Glazer family, United’s owners, have accepted that reality.

The off-field scandal which enveloped Rooney earlier this season, with damaging allegations of liaisons with prostitutes, has proven to have delivered a terminal blow to his relationship with Ferguson, however. Rooney’s form has evaporated since the revelations and Ferguson, claiming that he had an ankle injury, has dropped the player from the United first team, much to Rooney’s annoyance.

And with the forward publicly defying Ferguson last week by insisting he had not been injured at all this season, the split between the two men became evident before Rooney was dropped to the bench for Saturday’s 2-2 home draw against West Bromwich Albion. Now United must face up to the prospect of selling Rooney before his value dwindles by entering the final year of his contract.

Although Rooney’s move could be viewed as a bold negotiating tactic, the broken state of his relationship with Ferguson suggests that the endgame has already begun and that the former Everton youngster will follow the likes of David Beckham, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Roy Keane out of Old Trafford after clashing with the Scot.

The collapse of Rooney’s relationship with Ferguson has been swift. United chief executive David Gill had claimed during the club’s pre-season tour of North America in July that talks over a new deal for Rooney were due to commence in August. Gill said at the time: “The current intention is to meet with Wayne and his advisers when we’re back from tour and he’s back from holiday with a view to sorting out a new deal for him.

“It’s clear from what he has said and what the club have said that both parties are very keen to sort things out and secure his long-term future at United. “Given his desires and what he means to the club we’re very confident that can be achieved.” United’s confidence has since been eroded by Rooney’s reaction to Ferguson’s handling of him in the wake of the prostitute allegations scandal.

Ferguson’s private punishment of Rooney, by dropping him from the first team, was combined with public support and a refusal to condemn the player. But Rooney’s public insistence that he should have been allowed to play through his problems has angered Ferguson and further driven the two apart. Rumours within Manchester almost two months ago suggested that the player had been turned by the prospect of a £200,000-a-week deal at Manchester City.

At the time, both clubs vehemently denied any prospect of Rooney following Carlos Tévez across the Mancunian divide and such a move is understood to be an outside prospect. With the prostitute saga continuing to hover over Rooney, it is believed that the player and his wife, Coleen, are now open to the possibility of a move away from England, opening the door to a transfer to Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Both clubs would happily meet United’s £50 million-plus valuation, but with almost three months to the opening of the January transfer window, there remains a glimmer of hope for United supporters that time will allow the wounds between player and club to heal. Ferguson could choose to banish Rooney from the first team until January, but such a move would damage the player’s market value and do little to help team spirit at United.

Should he be restored to the first team, the situation could ease, but it appears as though such an outcome is now highly unlikely. And while the funds generated by the sale of Rooney would be welcomed by a club servicing a debt in excess of £720 million, the Glazers are also acutely aware of the necessity to maintain United as a force within the game and, as such, any money raised would likely be handed straight back to Ferguson for a replacement.

The last star striker to endure a breakdown in his relationship with Ferguson was Van Nistelrooy and, despite 150 goals in 219 appearances, he was ruthlessly dispatched to Real Madrid against the wishes of the supporters. Back then, Ferguson had the blossoming talents of Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo in place to claim Van Nistelrooy’s mantle. Four years on, it is a different story, which is why selling Rooney is an altogether bigger gamble for United to take.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dare say if he go to Spain, he won't be able to shine...there is history to show...which English player has success in Spain?

Mcmanaman? Owen? Nah...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro...the league table don't lie...

undefeated could also mean 38 draws = 38 points...another team just need to win half the games 19 x 3 = 57 to be ontop of Man U...

this season is clearly bizzare, they can score but cannot defend...last season, they can defend but cannot score...

Whats wrong? Ferdinand or EDS is getting rusty?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man City and Chelsea neck to neck...

I guess, we will finish below Arsenal. So, my prediction = Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U....Liverpool =mid-table finish.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is all about $$ lah. Rooney is asking for 160k a week. He is now on 90k a week only. So Fergie better retire Scholes, Giggs and Neville to save some $$ for Rooney's salary. I loved all the noises in the internet forums by Man U fans on how Rooney can no longer make it and he is better off.

Seriously, other than Rooney, there are no superstars in the current Man U squad (unless you insist on including Giggs and Scholes). Save me the nonsense about Berbatov, Ferdinand and Nani. Second rung players at best.

D

Dodomeki

Man Utd Fans wants Rooney to leave

Man Utd Fans wants Rooney to leave

swns.com
Published Oct 19 2010

Six out of ten Manchester United fans believe want-away striker Wayne Rooney should be sold, it emerged Monday. A survey of 1,000 United fans found 60 per cent blame the England star’s dalliances with two vice girls for his shocking dip in form.

rooneys.jpg

60 per cent of fans blame Wayne Rooney's dalliances with two hookers for his shocking dip in form

And seven out of ten said Rooney was not worth the £150,000 a-week salary he is currently demanding. United fans believe Rooney, who is rumoured to be planning an Old Trafford exit, would head for the Bernabeu to join Jose Mourinho’s Real Madrid. Eight out of ten fans backed Sir Alex Ferguson’s decision to take Rooney out of the firing line following the allegations he romped with hookers while wife Coleen was pregnant with their son. The survey was carried out by OnePoll.com today.

Last edited by a moderator:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Man Utd Fans wants Rooney to leave

Seriously I think the poll is an online poll and Liverpool fans went to spam the poll.

jw5

Loyal
Re: Man Utd Fans wants Rooney to leave

Fergie has just confirmed that Rooney wants to leave.
He added that they have not had a falling out, and Rooney has wanted to leave since the start of the season.
I suspect there are 2 factors: He wants more money than what the club is prepared to pay for his new contract, and he thinks that going somewhere else will allow him to start afresh and leave his off-field problems behind.
Goodbye Rooney.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mourinho told Sky Sports News: "He will stay. He probably wants to leave for some reason but I believe he belongs to Man United, he belongs to Man United fans, he belongs to Old Trafford. I believe he is going to stay. But if at the end of the day Man United decide that he is to leave, then give me a call. Everybody will be interested (in signing Rooney). But I like him, I like Sir Alex, I like Man United and I believe the best thing for him is to stay there for life.''

From this statement, i believe Mourinho will eventually succeed SAF at Man U :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mourinho told Sky Sports News: "He will stay. He probably wants to leave for some reason but I believe he belongs to Man I believe he is going to ...
From this statement, i believe Mourinho will eventually succeed SAF at Man U :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Tend 2 agree wif yr sharp insight, alamaking....

Wayne Rooney is keeping mum... So is our Wayne piew ... No comments on his namesake..... I think Wayne will leave .... That immature boy is an impetuous character who understands no loyalty ... Remember his everton last days .... Totally self-centered.... Repeating now .....

D

Dodomeki

Wayne Rooney's Statement In Full

Wayne Rooney's Statement In Full

6:10pm Wednesday October 20, 2010
Andy Jack

Wayne Rooney has confirmed he wants to leave Manchester United. Here is his statement in full:

15761228.jpg

Rooney says he will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract. I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done, given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part? For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified.

Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18. For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one-off and a genius."

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. I hope he comes to Man Utd one day. :biggrin:

But for Rooney, I jus dont think how he can succeed in other teams. I mean... SAF has been protective of him. And I believe SAF plays the team around Rooney. Lets see if he really does leave Man Utd.
!&!!