• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Giggs ready to break ties with Man Utd

Ryan Giggs is ready to cut ties with Manchester United.

The Sunday Express says despite denials, there has been a falling out between manager David Moyes and Giggs with the 40-year-old Welshman believed to be considering his Old Trafford future once the season ends.

Moyes promoted Giggs on to his coaching staff after succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson but there have been some heated exchanges between the pair over some of the training methods and tactics.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/giggs-ready-break-ties-man-utd-4014789#.Uzi-ImeKBrQ

**************************************************************************************************************
If its two or three players wanting to leave, I'd probably understand. Latest is Cleverley. Its easier to look at the players likely to stay. They are Welbeck, Rooney. Carrick, Mata, Fellaini. Jones, Smalling, Januzaj and De Gea.

If they lose Giggs for whatever reason, we'd be losing experience and tacit knowledge critical in the rebuilding effort.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Match preview, early wed morning -home to krauts.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26811617

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL, FIRST LEG
Venue: Old Trafford Date: Tuesday, 1 April Kick-off: 1945 BST

Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara will miss Tuesday's visit to Manchester United after suffering a knee injury at the weekend.
Alcantara, 22, will be out for at least six weeks after suffering an extended partial ligament tear in his right knee in the 3-3 draw with Hoffenheim.
Coach Pep Guardiola said: "It's bad news. We're going to miss him a lot."

Alcantara was linked with a possible move to Manchester United last season before he joined Bayern from Barcelona. The midfielder had only recently won a recall to the Spain squad after a number of impressive performances for Bayern ahead of the World Cup in Brazil, which starts in 10 weeks.
Bayern, who are attempting to defend last season's treble and become the first team to win back-to-back Champions League titles, will face a United side buoyed by Saturday's 4-1 home win over Aston Villa.

United will be without record signing Juan Mata, who is cup-tied, but are likely to make a number of changes after resting players against Villa.
Manager David Moyes said: "It's been a difficult season for us, but we can go a long way to doing an awful lot better if we can get a result on Tuesday.The players are incredibly focused and I am really looking forward to the game."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
My head tells me a Bayern humiliation is on the card but my heart tells me to bank on United for a draw or a razor thin victory. For many it will be their final experience with CL. I'll take United to beat the odds.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My head tells me a Bayern humiliation is on the card but my heart tells me to bank on United for a draw or a razor thin victory. For many it will be their final experience with CL. I'll take United to beat the odds.

Pray for a repeat performance of the CL final in 98/99.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bet big on Bayern -1.5...................

bet bigger on just a Bayern win...............

minimum 2-0 win for Bayern.................and is very unlucky liao..........

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical fake story. The UK Daily Express and Mail are no better than sheets of toilet paper only fit for wiping the shit from my arse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26826477

Most tabloids come up with all sorts of BS where players are concerned and it just so happens that Old Trafford is the honey pot for gossips and news this season. Players are 'strongly discouraged' from talking to media which was the reason why RVP's rant with the dutch media caught many by surprise.
The only other time I heard of a 'bust up' at OT was way back between captain Marvel Roy Keane and RVN at the training ground. That aside, the role Giggs will play at the end of the season remains to be seen. Giggs and his class of 92 buddies bought a football club recently-'Salford?'. He may reconsider his role at OT and it would take a big push for him to leave United. If he leaves, the club will be back to ground zero.

The rumbling at OT is true which probably explains the patchy form of players. Complete clearout of the players though appear far fetched. 8-9 players? LOL. Where are the Glazers going to get that kind of money? Gate receipts, merchandizing, corporate sponsorships, prize money?

No cash for 7th place and the only way they can raise much needed cash to rebuild the team is for big sponsors like Nike to step in. Either that or ticket prices to football games will have to go up.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't remember the last time he scored a one to one with only the keeper to beat. Can't believe that idiot tried to chip over the keeper.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bayern Munich was lucky last night! :oIo: Possession football doesn't translate to winning football! Man U is the BEST! :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MU fixtures for April

Sat 5 Apr 2014 - Premier League
Newcastle v Man Utd 15:00

Wed 9 Apr 2014 - Champions League
Bayern Munich v Man Utd 19:45

Sun 20 Apr 2014 - Premier League
Everton v Man Utd 16:10

Sat 26 Apr 2014 - Premier League
Man Utd v Norwich 17:30

All times UK

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In any case, neither Bayern Munich nor Man United will win the Champions League this season. :wink:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Manchester United hope Toni Kroos transfer offer of £40m will convince Bayern to sell

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-toni-kroos-3341540

Forty million reasons to say yes: Will Bayern cash in on Kroos - or risk losing him for nothing?
Manchester United will make a staggering club-record £40million bid for Toni Kroos to try to tempt Bayern Munich into selling the midfielder.

United boss David Moyes wants the Germany international to be his key signing of the summer - and the Old Trafford money men are ready to back the project.

The Reds hope to turn Bayern’s head with the sky-high figure for a player who will be entering the final year of his contract.

Moyes wants Kroos so badly United will commit to the offer, although the numbers are much higher than they should be for the player.

Kroos could quit Bayern for nothing in the summer of 2015, so a mega-bid would give them a real dilemma.

United think they can persuade Kroos to walk away from the Bundesliga and European champions by offering a Wayne Rooney-style contract - as we first revealed in February.

The hard part is making a major European rival sell to them - even though they will probably not be competing in the same competition next season with United 10 points adrift of the Premier League's fourth and final Champions League place and just six games to go.

But supremo Ed Woodward and the club's American owners, the Glazer family, are willing to back Moyes’ judgement, even if it will mean Kroos is the third midfielder he has bought after Marouane Fellaini last summer and Juan Mata in january.

Moyes thinks Kroos can be the making of his team and is willing to commit a big chunk of his summer budget to the deal.

The Bavarian giants want to keep the 24-year-old, with chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge stating: "[Kroos] will certainly play at Bayern next year."

The player himself said after Tuesday's 1-1 Champions League draw between the sides at Old Trafford: "It is a beautiful stadium. But I belong to Bayern Munich and that's good."