• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

jw5

Loyal
Overall a good exciting match for a neutral fan. Man U were good in the first half but seem to go flat in the second half. Good performances by Rooney and Evra. I think Van der sa is starting to look dodgy and Fergie may need to find a replacement soon.
I agree about VDS, actually I already thought that last year but he went on to be the hero in the champions league final.
Pity that Foster is injured currently, I think he should be number one with TK as the number 2. VDS should be there to give experience but he should not be the number one anymore.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jonny Evans is an outstanding young talent.
He reads the game well and is a good user of the ball, more like Ferdinand than Vidic. But I think that Ferdinand needs to play alongside someone like Vidic, i.e. the ball playing and the robust defender teaming up.
QUOTE]

i agree.....however he needs 2 have more playtime in the epl & champions league 2 improve......ferguson should use jonny evans alongside vidic & rest ferdinand 4 some matches......evans is a clam player & hez unfazed even by the intimidating presence of drogba......he could b another future captain 4 man u too.......

jw5

Loyal
He reads the game well and is a good user of the ball, more like Ferdinand than Vidic. But I think that Ferdinand needs to play alongside someone like Vidic, i.e. the ball playing and the robust defender teaming up.
QUOTE]

i agree.....however he needs 2 have more playtime in the epl & champions league 2 improve......ferguson should use jonny evans alongside vidic & rest ferdinand 4 some matches......evans is a clam player & hez unfazed even by the intimidating presence of drogba......he could b another future captain 4 man u too.......
You totally ignored my question about the carling cup? :smile:

jw5

Loyal
hahaha.....tatz becoz i have no idea too......:biggrin:
Bro, if you are interested, Carling cup match between Man Utd and Middlesboro is on Channel 27 tomorrow morning at 2.55am. (early hours of Wed morning)
Manucho may play, Ronaldo may be on the bench, Anderson and Nani are also in the squad.
Btw, I think Gary Neville, Scholes and Giggs are all off the pace in the premier league, which is more skilful, robust and quicker than ever before. They should all play bit roles or be reserves. They have been great players, but their time has passed.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, does anyone know whether Man Utd has a Carling cup match this week, and whether it will be telecast live on starhub cable tv?

MU won championships not because of Ronaldo. Their key man is in Vidic. This man is a monster. Without Vidic. Even if they put 2 replacements for 1 of him also no use.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
vidic is a very important player for man u last season.....so is christiano ronaldo......however carlos tevez is the unsung hero as hez the 1 who score the goals or created it in those crunch matches........

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the partner of Rio Ferdinand and Vidic is pivotal. If cannot score is one thing, but the defense must not leak goals.

jw5

Loyal
MU won championships not because of Ronaldo. Their key man is in Vidic. This man is a monster. Without Vidic. Even if they put 2 replacements for 1 of him also no use.
Vidic is very important. But Ronaldo is even more important. Without his goals and flair, Man Utd would have won nothing last year.
Vidic is one of the best defenders in the world, hard, fair, uncompromising, no-nonsense, tackles well, heads well, uses the ball fairly well, quick for such a big man, reminds me a little of Jaap Stam. In my opinion, he is much better than John Terry.

jw5

Loyal
I think the partner of Rio Ferdinand and Vidic is pivotal. If cannot score is one thing, but the defense must not leak goals.
Sorry but what do you mean by the partner of Ferdinand and Vidic?
Vidic is Ferdinand's partner and vice versa. :smile:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vidic is very important. But Ronaldo is even more important. Without his goals and flair, Man Utd would have won nothing last year.
Vidic is one of the best defenders in the world, hard, fair, uncompromising, no-nonsense, tackles well, heads well, uses the ball fairly well, quick for such a big man, reminds me a little of Jaap Stam. In my opinion, he is much better than John Terry.

Vidic kept the opposition at bay by being a big wall in front of VDS. That was why MU conceded very little. If Vidic was not on form, the attacking players have to keep roaming back to do defence.

Chelsea had the same in Terry when they won the league.
Arsenal had the same in the days when Adams and Bould were around.

Only with a sound defence can the attacking players create chances at ease and not falling back to do much defending

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think Man Utd will just any of the big clubs,give less preference to this cup and probably will let his young players a chance to gain some valuable experiences.
but even so,i believe they still are a class over Middlesbrough,so should win.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
vidic is a very important player for man u last season.....so is christiano ronaldo......however carlos tevez is the unsung hero as hez the 1 who score the goals or created it in those crunch matches........

Tevez can be shut off at times. Vidic has been around for a few seasons. When was the last time Vidic had a bad game? Not easy to count because this player is very consistent.

Ronaldo doesn't perform much on big games as he also gets picked out by tight marking.

If let Vidic and Ronaldo transfer out of MU, I think Vidic staying around will ensure MU has a better chance of retaining titleship.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
tevez can b mark out of a match......so can lengends like maradonna & zidane....however tevez has in common with this legends is he can still create goals 4 his teammates 2 score even when hez shadow by a defender.......:biggrin:

ForzaFerrari88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tevez can be shut off at times. Vidic has been around for a few seasons. When was the last time Vidic had a bad game? Not easy to count because this player is very consistent.

Ronaldo doesn't perform much on big games as he also gets picked out by tight marking.

If let Vidic and Ronaldo transfer out of MU, I think Vidic staying around will ensure MU has a better chance of retaining titleship.

Of the back 4, Evra is the weakest link. Vidic is OK but not as fantastic as Jaap Stam. Low key player and gets the job done.

The biggest disappointment this season has got to be the lacklustre display of the forward line-Rooney and Tevez. They are running out of excuses and I expect Fergie to wield the axe at some point.:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United has been pure crap so far this season. Carry on like this, it's going to end up with a crap season.

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
United also had a poor start last season but still ended up with two trophies! I wont write the Red Devils off so fast yet. :biggrin: