• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man uses $40 in lottery winnings to win $500,000 jackpot

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man uses $40 in lottery winnings to win $500,000 jackpot​

By Ben Hooper
MAY 5, 2023 / 4:37 PM

16CAB3F7-317C-43FD-9FF2-CD9748312020.jpeg

A Michigan man used $40 in lottery winnings to buy more scratch-off tickets, resulting in a $500,000 jackpot. Photo courtesy of the Michigan Lottery

May 5 (UPI) -- A Michigan man who won a $40 prize from a lottery ticket decided to reinvest his winnings into more tickets -- and won $500,000.

The 74-year-old Hillsdale County man told Michigan Lotteryofficials he took his winning lottery ticket to the Sand Lake Party Store in Hillsdale to redeem his prize.

"I was cashing in a $40 winning ticket and used my winnings to buy more tickets," the player said. "I scratched the tickets as soon as I got in my car and the Lucky No. 13 ticket was the last one that I scratched."

The player said his eyes initially deceived him about his prize.

"I thought I'd won $500, so I put on my glasses and looked the ticket over again to make sure I was reading it right. When I realized I had actually won $500,000, I couldn't believe it! I had my wife look the ticket over and when she confirmed I'd won $500,000, we called our family to tell them the good news," he said.

The winner said his prize money will go toward paying bills and completing home improvement projects.

Source:https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2023/0...y-prize-money-pays-for-jackpot/1831683318802/