• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Man takes VTL flight from US, surprises Juihu girlfriend with proposal after 22 months apart

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
1635465318144.png

SINGAPORE - When the Covid-19 pandemic struck and international borders closed, American Scott Bustabad was separated from his girlfriend Khoo Su Rei, and remained so for almost two years - until Thursday (Oct 28).

After flying in from Los Angeles on a vaccinated travel lane flight between the United States and Singapore and landing on Thursday morning, Mr Bustabad surprised his girlfriend of 4½ years with a marriage proposal at the OCBC Skyway in Gardens by the Bay.

She said yes. The 26-year-old told The Straits Times after the proposal that she was still in shock as Mr Bustabad had initially told her his passport had expired and he was planning to visit only at the end of the year.

He had planned the surprise with Ms Khoo's friend - who told her that the walkway would be closed to the public as she had booked it for a photo shoot.

He then emerged from one of the walkway's side entrances and got down on one knee to propose, with Ms Khoo letting out an audible gasp and exclaiming: "Oh my gosh!"

While the proposal was a surprise, the couple's reunion has been a long time coming. They first met when Ms Khoo, an account manager who is originally from Malaysia, was at university in the US. They began a relationship when she left the US to return to Malaysia in 2017.

She then moved to Singapore to live and work, and the two continued to see each other, flying back and forth until the borders closed.

They had been hopeful for a resumption of travel with the US since Singapore and Germany opened a similar lane on Sept 8.

Mr Bustabad, 34, an atomic physicist, said: "When we heard the travel lane with Germany had opened up, I started checking the news every morning when I woke up and every night before I went to sleep to see if a lane opened, and I was actually considering flying to Germany first."

He chose the Gardens by the Bay as the proposal location because the couple had been there together in 2017 when he had come to visit and she said it was one of her favourite places in Singapore.

For the couple, the reunion also means the end of a lengthy and difficult period of an enforced long-distance relationship.

Ms Khoo said: "I haven't seen him in 22 months and it's been really rough, so to see him all of a sudden out of nowhere and with a ring - it's a lot."

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still putting on a positive spin? See how many people have died so a few young people can be cum happy? Use less young people never learn how to delay gratification huh. :mad:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never see each other for 22 months....both can remain celibate at the sexual prime of their lives meh ?

All these public drama proposals more than than not will result in the girl saying yes...out of embarssament more than love.

Unless it is this Ah Neh.....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still putting on a positive spin? See how many people have died so a few young people can be cum happy? Use less young people never learn how to delay gratification huh. :mad:

So nice of the 'journalists' to standby and capture/witness the special moment of the couple's reunion. Totally organic and authentic, believe me! :biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
She then moved to Singapore to live and work, and the two continued to see each other, flying back and forth until the borders closed.
Mudlaysian Chinese move to sg to live and work fucking cunning selfish gold digger if not my uncle lanjiao jit tao rot.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh my god!
She was really happy, having been jumped on by him so many times in the US already.
And she was really surprised!

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never see each other for 22 months....both can remain celibate at the sexual prime of their lives meh ?

All these public drama proposals more than than not will result in the girl saying yes...out of embarssament more than love.

Unless it is this Ah Neh.....

idiot totally deserves it. Such marriage proposals put a lot of pressure on the girl. It's not a genuine proposal.

If she wants to be with you great. If not, what? Put pressure? Idiot loser. Piece of shit.

Something just occurred to me. Is this one of your misadventures @syed putra? :roflmao:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
idiot totally deserves it. Such marriage proposals put a lot of pressure on the girl. It's not a genuine proposal.

If she wants to be with you great. If not, what? Put pressure? Idiot loser. Piece of shit.

Something just occurred to me. Is this one of your misadventures @syed putra? :roflmao:

It's also about expectations. For some of the women out there, if your proposal isn't grandiose or spectacular enough (budget not high enough), that means you are not sincere and therefore higher chance of kena rejection.

It has been drilled into a gynocentric society that the man must put the woman on a pedestal. Especially during a proposal. :biggrin:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's also about expectations. For some of the women out there, if your proposal isn't grandiose or spectacular enough (budget not high enough), that means you are not sincere and therefore higher chance of kena rejection.

It has been drilled into a gynocentric society that the man must put the woman on a pedestal. Especially during a proposal. :biggrin:

if proposal not spectacular/grandiose enough kena rejected is a blessing! If any girl were to say I refuse you because the proposal is too cheap, I would just smile and F.O.

edit : and oh... I just watched the video, that guy deserves to be hit by the bus.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the man does not have to be saddled with 20-year housing loan and 7-year car loan, then making that one-time little sacrifice of dignity is sup sup sui, compared to Beta males in Singapore having to take up mortgage, pay car loan instalments and pok kai wedding dinner at 5-star hotel. Normally, AMDK will skip all these. Just buy flower and kneel down with cameras, can liao. :thumbsup:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still can reject later after accepting his marriage proposal.. It could be too sudden for her n she wasn't mentally prepared. So just accept 1st in order not to make the whole scenario so awkward..

Tun Tija

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still can reject later after accepting his marriage proposal.. It could be too sudden for her n she wasn't mentally prepared. So just accept 1st in order not to make the whole scenario so awkward..
Public proposal is something of a psychology blackmail. If the girl reject it, it make her look bad in front of so many bystander. So she is pressured to say yes. That ah neh girl in the video very steady lah! She don't succumb to the pressure.