• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Man sing about sio bak chang until uplorry on stage

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even till today, I still don't quite understand what "agree to disagree" means. :confused:
I would say that I still disagree with you, but with no intention of offending you. :smile:

I think it's safer to simply say that it's possible for any human being (from the moment he/she is conceived in his/her mother's womb until the day he/she dies), including innocent babies/foetuses/infants, to die "good" or "bad" deaths, regardless of the morality of his/her actions before death. :wink:

What is far more important is repenting and feeling truly/deeply sorry for one's sins at the moment of death, and willingly using one's painful death as a final punishment to atone for one's sins, so that one's soul will end up really resting in peace in Heaven, and not Hell, during one's afterlife. :wink:

Now I understand where you are coming from. I also do not agree with your views.

Your views deny the possibility of life before life, that is, reincarnation. There are already numerous well documented cases of people who could recall their past lives under hypnosis or otherwise. The events they recounted were checked and many cases proved to match facts that can be verified of the past or the present. For many of these people who remembered their past lives, their subsequent life actions are often influenced by what they knew they did in the past and in many cases lead them to live more moral lives for the present.

Your views also presumes final repenting and deep sorry for past misdeeds before death leading to a view that by doing so, all their deeds would be forgiven and they will live a permanent blissful life in heaven. If misdeeds can be thus mitigated, well and good - so repeat and serial murderers, big cheats, serial rapists, great robbers, etc, just need to repent before death, all will be forgiven of them, then they go to heaven to live happily.

But then, we all know that part of the proper repenting process includes (1) letting everyone, that means, the public, know about the misdeeds, (2) acknowledging before judge and victims that they have been wrong in committing these misdeeds and are sorry, (3) have time and chances to redeem themselves by compensating the victims or the public in some measures and undo some of their misdeeds, (4) have time and spent the efforts to show to others they have repented and will lead a life thereafter, without committing any more of such misdeeds.

If a person just repents before death, the chances that the full elements of what constitute a true repent will not be able to be manifested – then there is no meaning to the repent, it is empty.

Your views also presumes a permanent resting place of peace and happiness for those who are willing to follow and/or repent for past misdeeds. But then science has also proven that nothing, that is, nothing in our present universe is permanent, even at the smallest, most minute component of matter. Eventually everything changes, nothing is permanent. And things are not what they appear to be for there are many dimensions that are beyond the comprehension of human beings. Matter can be here or they cannot be here, at the same time, and can exist as particle, wave or at the most basic level, energy. Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

I do not have intention to offend you by whatever I have written, so do not be offended. You are free to accept or reject whatever is there. But the truth and the principles of moral actions are universal.

I also do wish to get into an argument over religion views or interpretations. So, to each his own views in this forum.

Good night.