• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man conned of $960k

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121110_124812_ringgit_st.jpg

Saturday, Nov 10, 2012
MALAYSIA - Having just a Standard Six education did not stop a 40-year-old man from figuring out how to rake in millions of ringgit illegally.

Harian Metro reported that the man managed to convince a businessman to part with RM2.4mil (S$960,000) by promising lottery numbers that were guaranteed to win the top prize.

Quoting a source, the daily said the conman was contacted by his unsuspecting victim, who was intrigued after reading a flyer advertising the former's alleged abilities.

The suspect initially asked for the victim's personal details, and later told the victim to deposit an unknown sum of money into an account with the promise of a winning lottery number.

"After the victim deposited the money, he was not given the winning lottery number as promised. However, the man managed to convince the victim to make nine more transactions involving a total of RM2.4mil into different accounts," said the source.

The source added that the victim realised he was cheated several months later and lodged a police report.

Officers from Bukit Aman's commercial crime department eventually arrested the suspect in Alor Setar last Saturday.

amandaSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh no! thats very unfortuante to hear, but thats why i think its best to go with your lucky numbers. dont believe in the hoop-lah and have faith in your own numbers is what i think! usually works for me:wink: