• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian ex-model caught for drinking beer : Just do it

D

Da Ji

SE Asia
Home > Breaking News > SE Asia > Story
Jan 23, 2010

Just do it

Malaysian woman caught for drinking beer has lost her job and husband since case began

<!-- by line --> By Elizabeth Looi, Malaysia Correspondent

<!--background story, collapse if none--> LIFE IN SHAMBLES

'My life is almost destroyed, and I just want to start all over again. I wish to go to Mecca to perform my umrah (pilgrimage), and go back to modelling as I am into Islamic fashion.'
Ms Kartika Sari Dewi Shukarno

BROKEN MARRIAGE

a28-1m.jpg

'I still love him, but it will be difficult for me to accept him back now because I haven't been kind to him.'
Ms Kartika, on her Singaporean husband of 13 years. They are now divorced

<!-- end left side bar -->
a28-2.jpg

Ms Kartika, seen here in a photo last year, said she just wants her punishment to be carried out so she can move on with her life. She is now writing a book about her experiences and plans to publish it someday. -- PHOTO: AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE

<!-- story content : start --> KUALA LUMPUR - THE former model set to be caned for drinking a beer has lost her job and her husband. Now, she just wants to take her punishment and move on. 'My life is almost destroyed, and I just want to start all over again,' Ms Kartika Sari Dewi Shukarno, 32, told The Straits Times.'I wish to go to Mecca to perform my umrah (pilgrimage), and go back to modelling as I am into Islamic fashion.'The Malaysian from Perak made international headlines when she was ordered to be caned six times and fined RM5,000 (S$2,060) in July last year for drinking alcohol in public. She would be the first woman caned in Malaysia under Islamic law. The punishment is enforced only in Pahang, Kelantan and Perlis. Civil law does not allow caning for women. The Pahang Syariah High Court abruptly postponed her caning in August until after the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

Read the full story in Saturday's edition of The Straits Times.
[email protected]