• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

malay lion dance troupe

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few years back i saw one lion dance troupe and almost all of them were malays. I think they were trying to ask for ang pows from some shop houses or something.

I was just curious how come all of them were malays something like a special lion dance division consisting of malays.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You ain't seen nuthin' yet. Have you seen an all-Indian lion dance troup?

I have! No kidding! Come to Ponggol.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of these non-Chinese are lower-ranked SS fighters who get roped in to seek ang pows from vendors during CNY.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
disrespectful_of_lion_dance_troupe_to_wear-thumbnail.jpg

lion2jpg1328149046244-data.jpg

slippersjpg1328156727674-data.jpg

STOMPer Lion King feels it is disrespectful of these members of a lion dance troupe to wear slippers, making themselves look sloppy.

Said the STOMPer:

"Happened to see this picture on Facebook.

"Members of this lion dance troupe wore slippers to kai cai for people's grand opening. So disrespectful to both the traditional significant event as well as the reputation of the troupe.

"A grand opening should be much respected, especially by the most important part of the backstage people - the percussions.

"Although they are not performing but on a drums and cymbals, they still shouldn't wear so 'anyhow'. Moreover it's in public. How would people look at this troupe?

"Imagine a patient in a hospital seeing the doctor wearing his lab coat with shorts. How would the patient think?

"A reply in Facebook says, '...no standard, this people give lion dancers a bad name...'

"Another netizen said they're so 'qin cai' (anything).

"Another replied 'qin cai cai qin', which means they're not serious when doing the grand opening.

"Since the second day of CNY, I observed quite a number of troupes doing Cai Qing.

"All the performers, even helpers who are not in any performance at all, wear their troupe T-shirt. Those who wear their own pants wear them properly too. Those who wear slippers are not wearing any troupe T-shirt and pants.

"In this picture, they were well-dressed from the top, looking like they were on standby to take over the dance when necessary. People on standby need to wear full proper gear. What would happen if they need to go under the lion props to perform. Imagine the dancer (lion) wear slippers? It's hilarious!

"Lastly, this lion dance troupe has no discipline on individual turn-out too. I recall a friend of mine who was in one of the troupes before in Singapore saying that the troupe master emphasised on turn-out.

"Though it is 'nothing' but he said 'my troupe master says, by receiving people's money to perform, they must give them the worth and respect'.

"People who fail to wear proper attire were ask to wear those training shoes from any anonymous party, or else they were not allowed to wear the troupe's attire."

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Want angpow must eat pork bakua first.

lol... that is so right
The troupe that came to my office is at least 50% Mats. They came in all shapes - tall, short, thin, fat.. but all ugly.. not very appropriate for a Chinese celebration cos they look like "hei wu chang"

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
disrespectful_of_lion_dance_troupe_to_wear-thumbnail.jpg

lion2jpg1328149046244-data.jpg

slippersjpg1328156727674-data.jpg

STOMPer Lion King feels it is disrespectful of these members of a lion dance troupe to wear slippers, making themselves look sloppy.

Said the STOMPer:

"Happened to see this picture on Facebook.

"Members of this lion dance troupe wore slippers to kai cai for people's grand opening. So disrespectful to both the traditional significant event as well as the reputation of the troupe.

"A grand opening should be much respected, especially by the most important part of the backstage people - the percussions.

"Although they are not performing but on a drums and cymbals, they still shouldn't wear so 'anyhow'. Moreover it's in public. How would people look at this troupe?

"Imagine a patient in a hospital seeing the doctor wearing his lab coat with shorts. How would the patient think?

"A reply in Facebook says, '...no standard, this people give lion dancers a bad name...'

"Another netizen said they're so 'qin cai' (anything).

"Another replied 'qin cai cai qin', which means they're not serious when doing the grand opening.

"Since the second day of CNY, I observed quite a number of troupes doing Cai Qing.

"All the performers, even helpers who are not in any performance at all, wear their troupe T-shirt. Those who wear their own pants wear them properly too. Those who wear slippers are not wearing any troupe T-shirt and pants.

"In this picture, they were well-dressed from the top, looking like they were on standby to take over the dance when necessary. People on standby need to wear full proper gear. What would happen if they need to go under the lion props to perform. Imagine the dancer (lion) wear slippers? It's hilarious!

"Lastly, this lion dance troupe has no discipline on individual turn-out too. I recall a friend of mine who was in one of the troupes before in Singapore saying that the troupe master emphasised on turn-out.

"Though it is 'nothing' but he said 'my troupe master says, by receiving people's money to perform, they must give them the worth and respect'.

"People who fail to wear proper attire were ask to wear those training shoes from any anonymous party, or else they were not allowed to wear the troupe's attire."

Malays are a fucking disrespectful race of no good fuckers.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you've noticed, many in Chinese funeral gongguan troupes are Malays too. They eat Chinese foods served in the funerals too without asking whether it's halal or not. Stupid question to ask anyway. Of course it's not halal; even the chicken isn't halal. They drink beer too.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you've noticed, many in Chinese funeral gongguan troupes are Malays too. They eat Chinese foods served in the funerals too without asking whether it's halal or not. Stupid question to ask anyway. Of course it's not halal; even the chicken isn't halal. They drink beer too.

it's good these bastard m&ds are following chinese customs and still complain of chinese racism.