• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Making a donation, transparency issues

chinchai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was trying to make a donation to do my part for the opposition, not much but donation has at least 3 zeros ('000) at the back.

So I tried giving to SDP but they are currently unable to receive money.

I look at NSP website and they are more transparent, they have this displayed on their website:

Please note that under the Singapore Political Donations Act (Cap. 236),

- We are obliged to return or surrender a received anonymous donation (to the authority) if, by accepting the anonymous donation, our total accumulated amount of anonymous donations received for the financial year should amount to S$5,000 or more.

- We are obliged to return or surrender a received donation (to the authority) if a donation originates from a non-permissible source such as:

(i) Permanent Residents and foreigners;
(ii) Singapore citizens who are below 21 years of age; and
(iii) Unincorporated associations which include businesses, societies, trade unions, mutual benefit organisations, professional firms, charities, co-operatives, corporation soles and incorporated trusts.

SDP said nothing about this, what if I had used a non-citizen's name to donate? Would SDP pocket the money since they cannot accept it?

Then SDP mentioned they moved but moved to where? I cannot find their physical location anywhere in the website. Do they even exist? Are they a phantom party with phantom politicians? At least NSP, put their address at the website:

NSP HQ Office

397 Jalan Besar
#02-01A
Singapore 209007

Anyway, this is the error I got when I tried donating to them:
4798127408_939519720b.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You donate SDP for?:confused::confused::confused:
I rather you use that money to buy groceries and donate to the old folks home :p:p:p

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SDP has always been an interesting and intriguing entity where financial position is concerned. You're right that its office address isn't publicised, but the photos reveal that they have furnished the place according to operating at full-time needs. I'm merely wondering how do they make a living by working full-time there.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can donate anonymously up to $5000, so you don't need to use a foreigner's name.