• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mahathir finally acknowledges bahasa to be useless

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malays should increase their conversant in bahasa Arab as it is the language to help them go to heaven.

They are quite conversant already. Tq. Its abt time u learn Arab language like ur xtian protestors below

1545699980224.png

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The problem is not with Bahasa, but with islam. Islam makes people stupid and unproductive.

Most of the japs and koreans speak poor or little English. They conduct business and learn science and math in their own languages. But that has not stopped them from being global economic powerhouses relying on their own people. South Korea is 1/3 Christian while Japan is about over 90% shinto buddhism. Hardly any muslims.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should admit his mistakes first. But its typpical dr m who will never say he did anything wrong.

What mistake? Go read Tun book lah "The Malay Dilemma". Long time ago he already suggested having English. But Ceena chauvinist, Hindus and Malay groups rejected it.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is not with Bahasa, but with islam. Islam makes people stupid and unproductive.

Most of the japs and koreans speak poor or little English. They conduct business and learn science and math in their own languages. But that has not stopped them from being global economic powerhouses relying on their own people. South Korea is 1/3 Christian while Japan is about over 90% shinto buddhism. Hardly any muslims.
Bahasa is a very slow and terbalik language in counting, 9 is sembilan. 3 yellow cars, they say car yellow 3. The logic is reverse.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bahasa is a very slow and terbalik language in counting, 9 is sembilan. 3 yellow cars, they say car yellow 3. The logic is reverse.

How abt ur Indian language. 6 can be 9 also can be 6.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
One typical scenario:

Whoami: Are u an Indian xtian?

Duluxe: Yes....but shake ur head.

Whoami: Did u just rape a dog?

Duluxe: No! No! No...but nod ur head.

Last edited:

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
How abt ur Indian language. 6 can be 9 also can be 6.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
One typical scenario:

Whoami: Are u an Indian xtian?

Duluxe: Yes....but shake ur head.

Whoami: Did u just rape a dog?

Duluxe: No! No! No...but nod ur head.

Putra jaya, the whole phrase is ancient Sanskrit. Jawi writing is Indian language origin. Baju and sarong are Indian influenced. Tell me one thing that is 100% Malay origin?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
If m&ds want to develop themselves. Perhaps they should develop a malay form of Islam instead of following the Arabs. And a malay /Indon form of Islam has been around since Malacca sultanate. Why give it up?The Johor sultan once commented on Hari Raya being replaced with Eid. Look back 50 years ago...did woman wear hijab? And look at them now. Using religion as an excuse to just get their way

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

As you are an excellent living example, the problem is not with language, race or religion but with PEOPLE, egoistic, self-righteous and moralising people like YOU.
MereLEE Xmas or happy HoLEEday?

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about 'October' for the tenth month of the year? The origin is for the eighth month of the year. Are we going to deride the English Language as a stupid or illogical language?
Singapore and Malaysian schools use Bahasa Baku.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about 'October' for the tenth month of the year? The origin is for the eighth month of the year. Are we going to deride the English Language as a stupid or illogical language?
Singapore and Malaysian schools use Bahasa Baku.
Actually I don't understand your question. I am talking about why the structure of the Malay language is bad for maths and counting. Nine, has one tone in English and most languages. In Malay nine is sembilan, it has 3 tones. That means by default counting number in Malay is 3 times slower. Bahasa may not be original Malay language, the ang mos did some standardizations to the language during colonial times. Or was it a common language created by ang mos?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I don't understand your question. I am talking about why the structure of the Malay language is bad for maths and counting. Nine, has one tone in English and most languages. In Malay nine is sembilan, it has 3 tones. That means by default counting number in Malay is 3 times slower. Bahasa may not be original Malay language, the ang mos did some standardizations to the language during colonial times. Or was it a common language created by ang mos?

Talk abt tone. Tell me abt it. Ur indian name as long as snake.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk abt tone. Tell me abt it. Ur indian name as long as snake.
That why we constantly point out your understanding is very bad. I am talking about counting number. Try using to use bahasa in addition and substraction up to ribu and juta.

You get an A in understanding koran, nobody can dispute that. Lol.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That why we constantly point out your understanding is very bad. I am talking about counting number. Try using to use bahasa in addition and substration up to ribu and juta.

You get an A in understanding koran, nobody can dispute that. Lol.

Y have ramalingam...4 tonea when u can just have 1. Gam. :smile:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Three syllables rather than three tones. Appreciate your clarification.
In the English Language, a single-syllable word like 'CAR' is sounded longer than a two-syllable word with two short vowels, eg. SUDDEN.
Which has a longer sound?
One vs Satu
Two vs Dua
Three vs Tiga
All said, I do agree with your justification of Sembilan vs Nine.

Language Food for Thought:
If we were to compare efficiency of a language, then I root for the Chinese Language.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Speech Tempo: What is the World's Fastest Language?

If you speak a foreign language, at some point you've probably been in that mildly embarrassing situation when you've had to ask somebody to speak either more slowly or more clearly. Then you may have wondered, "why do they speak so fast anyway?"

From my experience, it seems quite clear that most people (regardless of their mother tongue) believe at least one particular language to be spoken more quickly than their own. I imagine that part of this is due to the fact that when hearing a foreign language (especially when first learning it), your brain is working so hard that you barely have time to keep up, making the language feel really quick with a sensation that you're trying to keep thousands of different plates spinning at the same time.

How fast you speak a language is known as the speech tempo and, as I suggested, human perception of this phenomenon is largely subjective. However, there are ways to measure speech tempo, including measuring it as a rate of syllables over time, since the length of words varies wildly across languages. This measurement can be taken either with or without considering pauses in speech. It is known as speech rate when counting pauses and articulation rate when ignoring pauses.

An interesting study on this subject was published a few years ago, which found that the quickly spoken languages (of those studied) tend to contain less information per syllable. However, those spoken more slowly tend to contain more information per syllable. I've put the results into an interactive chart below so you can see for yourself.

A CROSS-LANGUAGE PERSPECTIVE ON SPEECH INFORMATION RATE

As you can see from the chart, languages with a low information density had a high syllabic rate, and vice versa. Mandarin was shown to contain the most information per syllable (since Vietnamese was a reference) while Japanese contained the least. In terms of speed, Japanese was the quickest and Mandarin the slowest.

Spanish was the fastest European language and German the slowest. Spanish also had the lowest information density of all European languages, while English had the highest. It seems to be that as humans, we all tend to deliver information at the same speed.

Which languages do you think sound like they're being spoken the fastest? Do you struggle with the speed of native speakers' speech for any languages you've learnt? Tell us about your experiences with speech tempo in the comments below.

http://www.thelinguafile.com/2015/04/speech-tempo-what-is-worlds-fastest.html#.XCHAhs8zbOQ

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Speech Tempo: What is the World's Fastest Language?

If you speak a foreign language, at some point you've probably been in that mildly embarrassing situation when you've had to ask somebody to speak either more slowly or more clearly. Then you may have wondered, "why do they speak so fast anyway?"

From my experience, it seems quite clear that most people (regardless of their mother tongue) believe at least one particular language to be spoken more quickly than their own. I imagine that part of this is due to the fact that when hearing a foreign language (especially when first learning it), your brain is working so hard that you barely have time to keep up, making the language feel really quick with a sensation that you're trying to keep thousands of different plates spinning at the same time.

How fast you speak a language is known as the speech tempo and, as I suggested, human perception of this phenomenon is largely subjective. However, there are ways to measure speech tempo, including measuring it as a rate of syllables over time, since the length of words varies wildly across languages. This measurement can be taken either with or without considering pauses in speech. It is known as speech rate when counting pauses and articulation rate when ignoring pauses.

An interesting study on this subject was published a few years ago, which found that the quickly spoken languages (of those studied) tend to contain less information per syllable. However, those spoken more slowly tend to contain more information per syllable. I've put the results into an interactive chart below so you can see for yourself.

A CROSS-LANGUAGE PERSPECTIVE ON SPEECH INFORMATION RATE

As you can see from the chart, languages with a low information density had a high syllabic rate, and vice versa. Mandarin was shown to contain the most information per syllable (since Vietnamese was a reference) while Japanese contained the least. In terms of speed, Japanese was the quickest and Mandarin the slowest.

Spanish was the fastest European language and German the slowest. Spanish also had the lowest information density of all European languages, while English had the highest. It seems to be that as humans, we all tend to deliver information at the same speed.

Which languages do you think sound like they're being spoken the fastest? Do you struggle with the speed of native speakers' speech for any languages you've learnt? Tell us about your experiences with speech tempo in the comments below.

http://www.thelinguafile.com/2015/04/speech-tempo-what-is-worlds-fastest.html#.XCHAhs8zbOQ

Longest name:

VENKATANARASIMHARAJUVARIPETA....

13 Syllabus....beats...:smile: