• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M1 is offering three days of free services for the 64-hour outage.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
M1 is offering three days of free services for the 64-hour outage.

Here is their statement in full:

We have restored full 3G service in the affected areas yesterday. To express our sincere appreciation to the affected customers for their patience and understanding, all our postpaid customers will enjoy three days of free local mobile calls, SMS, MMS and data services, from 10 to 12 February 2013. This will commence from 00:01 hours on 10 February till midnight on 12 February 2013.

Prepaid customers will enjoy a S$1 bonus for every top-up of S$17 and above, during the month of February 2013.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FUCK M1. We dont need 3 day free service.
Waive one month bill for every 24hr down. This should be new bill in Parliament.
Or M1 should transfer all call using Singtel/Starhub bill to M1. To be fair.
How much business lost? Those buy share/have business/important call.

nycheong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Waive one month bill for every 24hr down. This should be new bill in Parliament.

How abt many miss understanding with spouses leading to family breakup for not able to contact over long period. Telco are causing birth rate to fall further.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
m1 users shld use data svc during these three days n watch movie play games cripple the entire system again

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No point.The confidence in M1 is aLready gone for good.Which businesses whose profits/Losses that hinges on that
aLL important caLL wouLd dare to continue suscribing to them anymore ?..:cool:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact I don't remember SingTel nor StarHub giving free calls when they have service failures in the past. However, I do admit that 3 days of service failure by M1 is definitely intolerable.

Those idiots at IDA must implement a new regulation to enforce all mobile service providers to allow their clients to connect to the other working telcos in times of network failure exceeding 3 hours. And all local call charges are to be borne by the faulty telco during this interim period until their full service is restored.

However, the bloody IDA only knows how to fine the faulty mobile service provider, which is only going to make their coffers richer at the end of the day, leading to higher bonuses and salaries for themselves. It's definitely not going to benefit the end users because ultimately, the faulty telco will try to recover their loss from the fine by IDA through increased charges after several months or a year later.

Similarly when LTA fines the transport companies during MRT breakdowns. I can't say for the older East-West and North-South lines, but those newer Circle and North-East lines should not have such premature failures. In fact, those idiots at LTA are the ones awarding the tenders, supervising and also to serve as the project management during the construction of these MRT lines. Why had they allowed substandard cables and their supporting systems to be used by the contractors, leading to the present frequent MRT failures on the North-East line? In fact, those idiots at LTA are the ones to be responsible and blamed for their poor supervision during the construction phases. Yet they just simply pass the blame to the transport operators and fine them for every disruption. No wonder MRT fares will have to increase every odd years because they have to recover from the fines imposed by the LTA, which in turn again fattens the government's coffers, their bonuses and salaries.

So, who suffers in the end? Those daft Sinkies of course.

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No point.The confidence in M1 is aLready gone for good.Which businesses whose profits/Losses that hinges on that
aLL important caLL wouLd dare to continue suscribing to them anymore ?..:cool:

Aiyah, lightning never strike same place twice la, bro

next time will be starhub

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not happy ah? What are you going to do about it?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
starhub seems to have the best customer service but their 3G speed is terrible. I hear they purposely choke up the bandwidth.

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not just the phone outrage . Even my fiber internet plan with M1 sometimes experience intermittent connection.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not just the phone outrage . Even my fiber internet plan with M1 sometimes experience intermittent connection.

I use Singtel's normal connection(not fibre) services and I'm no longer surprised when there is breakdown in connection. Once they even cut my services:eek: After I complained they sent someone down to check my connection & the service technician found out that someone had cut my connection :eek:

Don't ask me who, because only authorised people have access to the wiring closet. Obviously some sort of screw up:rolleyes:

UncleTOBY

Alfrescian
Loyal
This type of screw up also have. Just like the SMRT....breakdown as and when it likes to. So third world...no standard at all.
Disappointing. Disgraceful.