• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M’sian converted to S’pore Citizen - Your experience

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As usual, you don't look far beyond. Imagine you only traveled to JB once a week and you'd already got interrogated by the IO. What happens if you are like those who traverse daily? By the way, this only happened not long after Mamak Kutty took over. During Najib's rule, there was practically no such issues.

Again, Sinkies going to Malaysia are mostly to spend and further boost their commercial revenues. You'll next say it brings up inflation in JB. This is not entirely true also because even without Sinkies in JB for the last 15 months, food and hawker prices in JB are not even down a little. I'm fully aware of this. Also, prices in supermarkets have been increasing tremendously lately due to worldwide inflationary pressures as a result of an anticipated recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. The analogy of Sinkies going to JB is similar to those Californians going across to Tijuana (Mexico) (many also on day trips) and never did the Mexican government ever complain on this because it brings in revenue and boost retail jobs for their local Mexicans. My wife and I had been there and seen it first hand ourselves.

Again, which stupid Sinkie will want to work in Malaysia for just ⅓ the salary of Singapore? So, the complaint about Sinkies stealing Malaysian's jobs is totally irrelevant. Why Mamak Kutty would want to impose so many restrictions on Sinkies visiting Malaysia? On the other hand, foreigners coming to Singapore are mostly for work purposes and employment. How can you compare this with Sinkies in Malaysia as they are both for unrelated purposes and agenda? Also, there are many more Bangladeshis and illegal Indonesians in Malaysia than Sinkies, but most of them are working in manual jobs which many Malaysians themselves have shunned.

I look forward to you getting your blue IC soon. Thereafter, you can have first hand comparison yourself.

I been to Msia countless times. No problem. No question asked. Tat particular day i was quizzed could be cos the previous trip i stayed for 6 days. It was during June school holidays. It was just a 20 seconds conversation. I was pissed off cos he was clearing the Q in a snail pace. And asking stupid questions just to delay the Q so tat he cleared lesser than his colleagues. Tats my conclusion. Other than school holidays i normally would only balik JB home on friday. Back on Sunday. Most of those who were quizzed travelled numerous times. Stayed full 30 or 20 days. Came back again next day of few days time. All this for sure raised suspicions and the IO have the right to quiz the visitors. If u travel daily may also be quizzed. Same like Sinkieland. So in total i only been quizzed one time for the past several decades tere. Now why should i feel like i am not welcome tere? Actually i know officers tere. Related to my relatives. But tat IO jus a small fry lah. Dont wish to break his ricebowl. Dosa tau. :wink:

Tats where i disagree with u. I regularly shopped at Aeon Bt Indah, City Square, Coffee shop or mamak restaurant. So many sinkies shoppers tere. Prices tere also not cheap. Recently u read the papers. So many JB retail and shops complaining border closed. No Sinkies. 70% business fm sinkies. Tats how sinkies drive those prices up. U go further North like Klang or pontian, not many sinkies tere. U can go compare the prices. See the prices diff. Dont believe go and try urself.

Most of the time i heard was Msia do not allow foreigners to stay long term tere. Frequent travellers too. Tats their main target. Not really cos of employment cos everyone know Msians seeked employment in Sinkieland. Maybe Tun got the wrong info fm Johoreans themselves. :roflmao:U know how selfish Johoreans are. Love to tell lies. Dont believe can ask @ginfreely.:wink: Want to have both world.

Well, teres always pros and cons in Msia or Sinkieland. Most of my relatives are in Msia. So i wouldnt feel like strangers tere. Like i said i love Singapura. Born in Singapura. But now Singapore no longer in my heart.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He also doubled the RPGT from 5% to 10% in my case. And house insurance premium end up with the 6% tax when last time don’t have GST for such insurance premium. So taxes not just didn’t come down but go up.

Wat to do Sis. Their rakyaat is poor. Their garment coffer dried leow. Need to squeeze every sens out of "rich" property owners. They are taking care of their rakyaat. Its just natural.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I been to Msia countless times. No problem. No question asked. Tat particular day i was quizzed could be cos the previous trip i stayed for 6 days. It was during June school holidays. It was just a 20 seconds conversation. I was pissed off cos he was clearing the Q in a snail pace. And asking stupid questions just to delay the Q so tat he cleared lesser than his colleagues. Tats my conclusion. Other than school holidays i normally would only balik JB home on friday. Back on Sunday. Most of those who were quizzed travelled numerous times. Stayed full 30 or 20 days. Came back again next day of few days time. All this for sure raised suspicions and the IO have the right to quiz the visitors. If u travel daily may also be quizzed. Same like Sinkieland. So in total i only been quizzed one time for the past several decades tere. Now why should i feel like i am not welcome tere? Actually i know officers tere. Related to my relatives. But tat IO jus a small fry lah. Dont wish to break his ricebowl. Dosa tau. :wink:

Tats where i disagree with u. I regularly shopped at Aeon Bt Indah, City Square, Coffee shop or mamak restaurant. So many sinkies shoppers tere. Prices tere also not cheap. Recently u read the papers. So many JB retail and shops complaining border closed. No Sinkies. 70% business fm sinkies. Tats how sinkies drive those prices up. U go further North like Klang or pontian, not many sinkies tere. U can go compare the prices. See the prices diff. Dont believe go and try urself.

Most of the time i heard was Msia do not allow foreigners to stay long term tere. Frequent travellers too. Tats their main target. Not really cos of employment cos everyone know Msians seeked employment in Sinkieland. Maybe Tun got the wrong info fm Johoreans themselves. :roflmao:U know how selfish Johoreans are. Love to tell lies. Dont believe can ask @ginfreely.:wink: Want to have both world.

Well, teres always pros and cons in Msia or Sinkieland. Most of my relatives are in Msia. So i wouldnt feel like strangers tere. Like i said i love Singapura. Born in Singapura. But now Singapore no longer in my heart.
No lah not all Malaysians in Johor means johoreans. Many from other states in Malaysia.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat to do Sis. Their rakyaat is poor. Their garment coffer dried leow. Need to squeeze every sens out of "rich" property owners. They are taking care of their rakyaat. Its just natural.
But that is not correct not just not following his election promise to remove gst but extra tax.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
But to retire one must have enough savings. Heard Aussie income tax very high? N sinkie cpf system better than Aussie?
yes bro saving is very important for retirement anywhere in the world.
and yes Australia tax is high but it come with many benefits like free healthcare and free education so it is fair for both parties goverment and the people.
that is the reason i can retire gracefully in Australia i dont need to worry about healthcare and education for my daugther.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But that’s the fundamental reason why many voted for them to reduce cost of living and tax etc but all never materialized

No voters love rising cost n corrupted Ministers. KTM rail "sold". Worst was the 1 MDB case. Msia can be sold out at the right price! Najib to be kicked out!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No voters love rising cost n corrupted Ministers. KTM rail "sold". Worst was the 1 MDB case. Msia can be sold out at the right price! Najib to be kicked out!
I remember you were ok or at least not so against najib before he was kicked out then. I honestly think najib got a good deal for Malaysians for ktm as Malaysia got good prime land in Spore cbd while Spore got lousy meidini land only.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember you were ok or at least not so against najib before he was kicked out then. I honestly think najib got a good deal for Malaysians for ktm as Malaysia got good prime land in Spore cbd while Spore got lousy meidini land only.

Verdict out. Hes guilty. Do u want such PM if ur a Msian? I may migrate tere near future. So i am watchg the political scene tere. KTM railway....not all abt $$ n cents. Question of soverignty. If not careful johore or even Msia kana gadai esok hari!!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Verdict out. Hes guilty. Do u want such PM if ur a Msian? I may migrate tere near future. So i am watchg the political scene tere. KTM railway....not all abt $$ n cents. Question of soverignty. If not careful johore or even Msia kana gadai esok hari!!!
If I am a Malaysian of course I rather choose najib than someone who did racist attacks of Chinese and gave fake promises to anwar and the people.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am a Malaysian of course I rather choose najib than someone who did racist attacks of Chinese and gave fake promises to anwar and the people.

LOL! It would be suicidal to have such ppl as PM. I vote for Tun. But hes old leow.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In wat way prosperous?:smile: Most chicom project. Sekali end up like S lanka:smile:
I remember business were good for shops and contractors and I got electrician last minute don’t want to do the job. Nowadays many are jobless and property prices are depressed isn’t it?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember business were good for shops and contractors and I got electrician last minute don’t want to do the job. Nowadays many are jobless and property prices are depressed isn’t it?

Now with the pandemic of course business bad across the board lah. Condo jialat n lausai leow lah. Hope u dont own Msian pigeon hole ya