• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lunch Time I Saw Old Auntie Crying At DBS ATM...Really Make Me Angry

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I asked her why she was crying.

She said she had no money on her and she was trying to withdraw her last $10 but DBS ATM only can allow minimum withdrawal of $20.

I aske dher to show me balance of her account. $12.something. Asked her to withdraw in front of me. True enough cannot.

I then gave her $50.

I tried withdrawing $10 to test and true enough also cannot.

WTF....$10 not monet issit. WHY all these poor people cannot withdraw?

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your words are true, I am very sad.

This country kenna sai, why our top civil servants (permsec) get paid millions (when bonus and benefits included) and can take months of holiday abroad.

Old and vulnerable kenna bully so bad instead?

Good job alibaba.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your words are true, I am very sad.

This country kenna sai, why our top civil servants (permsec) get paid millions (when bonus and benefits included) and can take months of holiday abroad.

Old and vulnerable kenna bully so bad instead?

Good job alibaba.

All true. Just try withdrawing $10 from DBS ATM...cannot. I did not even know that minimum is $20.

As for the old auntie, after my $50 then what?

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal

She said she had no money on her and she was trying to withdraw her last $10 but DBS ATM only can allow minimum withdrawal of $20.

I aske dher to show me balance of her account. $12.something. Asked her to withdraw in front of me. True enough cannot.

I then gave her $50.

Bro,
Oi! You salah liao lah! Sometime ATM bo ten loller. You've got to wait for their staff to come and replenish one lah.

On the other hand, this also show that many people are drawing some sums in tens. Economy is really bad man!

Kudos to your helping the old lady though!

Cheers!
DOM

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed very sad case :(

I thought of a way for her to use the $10.

she can user ATM to top-up her ezi-link card, then goto the counter to refund the ezi-link value

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,
Oi! You salah liao lah! Sometime ATM bo ten loller. You've got to wait for their staff to come and replenish one lah.

On the other hand, this also show that many people are drawing some sums in tens. Economy is really bad man!

Cheers!
DOM

Bro, there are $10 notes in the ATM, except you must withdraw $20 minimum. Where got ATM dispense $20 notes?

UOB ATM $10 withdrawal no problem. i just tried. Now will try my other banks' ATMs to see which can and which cannot.

Perhaps other bothers here can help verify.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
posb atm min withdrawal is $20.. already for many many years liao..
its the stupid rule with DBS and POSB lah...many years liao. And they are the pioneers to implement the 2 dollar admin fee if your account is less than 100 or something. So i withdrew all my money and leave 1 dollar inside. that is years ago, i have since refused to have banking business with them.

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
its the stupid rule with DBS and POSB lah...many years liao. And they are the pioneers to implement the 2 dollar admin fee if your account is less than 100 or something. So i withdrew all my money and leave 1 dollar inside. that is years ago, i have since refused to have banking business with them.

thanks for the info. I'll do likewise.

Okay! Bros of Sammyboys, any suggestion? MayBank or Hongkong Shanghai?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro
U r a kind soul! I'm sure yr good deed inspires others. U hv every right to rant at the powers that be. Remember one Ah Por just died this morning under the mrt train.Cheers.

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm not wrong, POSB will deduct an admin fee from people's account if their balance is less than a certain amount. So not only will this granny be unable to withdraw her last $10, it will slowly be nibbled away by the bank.

This is what happened to my POSB account last time.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth is most people will draw 40, 90, 140, 190 etc so that they'll have change and avoid grumbling hawkers/taxi drivers etc. And some ATMs give the last $50 in $10 notes.

Bro,

Cheers!
DOM

Echo_O

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe minimum for DBS/POSB is $20. The screen states that when u select to key in the amount you want to withdraw.

If wan't to take out $10 must go to the bank.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
switch bank la..UOB allow $10 withdrawal.

I then gave her $50.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I then gave her $50.

I respect you la. Very less people have heart like you. That why I up you point.:smile:

manx007

Alfrescian
Loyal
No way you leave $1 inside to let them deduct!! They charge you for the admin charges, service charge..etc arrear. Then they take it as you owe them the charges and the bill goes up and up till you close it and have to settle the amount. Wont pay and you cant have dealing with them. It happens to me!!

tiverton18

Alfrescian
Loyal
I salute you, Bro Alibaba, for your generosity in helping this old lady in need.

I have observed on my occasions that the queue at DBS atm is exceptionally long compared with other local banks' ATMs. Drawing money from other banks' ATMs is always a breeze for me. I simply refuse to bank with DBS to avoid the inconvenience and long line at their ATMs.