• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Low extends Germany contract until 2018

Joachim

Alfrescian
Loyal

Low extends Germany contract until 2018

600371_heroa.jpg

Mar 13, 2015 14:01:00

The 55-year-old lifted the World Cup last summer and will be given the chance to defend the trophy in Russia as well as contest for Euro 2016

Joachim Low has extended his contract with Germany until the end of World Cup 2018, the nation's football association has confirmed.

The 55-year-old was first appointed back in 2006 and guided Germany to glory in last year's World Cup as they beat Argentina 1-0 in the final back in July.

That success marked Germany's fourth world title, although they have since stumbled during qualification for Euro 2016, taking just seven points from four group games.

Despite those slightly disappointing results, the German Football Association (DFB) has opted to put its long-term faith in Low, who has designs on further glory.

"My heart and my brain knew this was the right decision," Low told reporters at the announcement. "Myself and the DFB get on incredibly well and have common goals.

"We want to become world champion again and we want to experience that amazing feeling again."

DFB president Wolfgang Niersbach added: "With his expertise, determination and confidence, Low is the right man for the national team.

"The entire DFB knows he is doing incredibly well. We want to stay at the top of the world rankings. We want to nurture our top football players in the country in the best conditions."

Low was named Fifa World Coach of the Year in January in honour of his World Cup success - Germany's first since the unification of West and East in the 1990s.