• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lorry driver runs off after police signal him to stop

Cipher

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lorry driver runs off after police signal him to stop

32432426---15_08_2014---awaccident16_0.jpg

Aw Cheng Wei | The Straits Times | Monday, Aug 18, 2014

The driver of a lorry that had been allegedly stolen abandoned his vehicle in the middle of a road and ran off yesterday when told to stop by police.

The bizarre incident occurred along Toa Payoh Lorong 1 at about 12.40pm. The lorry was left in the middle lane for around two hours, as police directed traffic around the abandoned vehicle.

The owner later showed up and drove it away.

Mr Tan Chwee Hock had a first-hand view of the incident as he was driving just behind the supposedly stolen vehicle when they stopped at the Toa Payoh junction.

He said he saw a nearby police car signal for the lorry to stop. Instead, the lorry reversed suddenly, hitting the front of Mr Tan's van.

"Before I knew what was happening, I felt a sharp bump," said the 52-year-old mover. "I was so shocked I could not react."

He later saw the man run across the road to housing blocks near the Braddell MRT station.

"I could not see what he looked like," said Mr Tan, who was making deliveries with his nephew at the time.

Both of them did not suffer injuries.

Broken shards of red and white glass from the two lorries littered the road.

At about 2.15pm, a man arrived at the scene in a police car and told reporters that the vehicle was his. He declined to comment further or disclose his name.

He drove the abandoned van and followed the police to Boon Teck Neighbourhood Police Post along Toa Payoh North.

[email protected]