• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looking for a good multi-vitamin?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I only started taking supplements because of heart problems but soon noticed that many of the things I was taking was also helping with inflammation i.e. aches & pains. There seems to be some critics of supplements. I bet these critics are still young & haven't experienced the pleasures of getting old :smile: Don't worry in a few years time you'll be joining us:biggrin:

It's for people like in mind that I am recommending these green drink mixes. I take plenty of pills on a regular basis & know how difficult it is to swallow so many pills. These drink mixes are quite easy to consume: they mix well in water, on cereal, in milk & are easy to include in ones regime. You only need to take it once a day. When you experience positive effects you'll be motivated to continue taking it.
Yes, good advice from good old Johnny. Myself need to tale a look at my lifestyle. Think a little excessive drinking and late nights liaoz.

siangsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi johnny.

i just ordered a bottle of the miracle reds to try. just for the extra anti-oxidants with my cooq 10.

dont think i need the greens right?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi johnny.

i just ordered a bottle of the miracle reds to try. just for the extra anti-oxidants with my cooq 10.

dont think i need the greens right?

Many people make do with just Miracle Reds. Some make take it 2 or 3 times a day. It's really up to you to decide after trying the product. We are all different in size, age, metabolism, etc.

I take more because I know I am a basket case. I'm a heart attack survivor with type II diabetes:o

Are you taking CoQ10 or Ubiquinol:confused: What is the amount you are taking daily:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am taking non-animal sources of omega 3. If you want to know why you can read "Supplements Exposed" by Brian R. Clement, PHD. Available at MPH

Bottom line is that our oceans are polluted & the process used to remove this pollution require chemicals or heat. Both will degrade the quality of the omega 3. There is also the problem of rancid fish. That's why when you burp you have the fishy taste.

siangsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people make do with just Miracle Reds. Some make take it 2 or 3 times a day. It's really up to you to decide after trying the product. We are all different in size, age, metabolism, etc.

I take more because I know I am a basket case. I'm a heart attack survivor with type II diabetes:o

Are you taking CoQ10 or Ubiquinol:confused: What is the amount you are taking daily:confused:

im actually v healthy thankfully. and i do quite abit of sports and exercise. just wanna try the reds as supplement. i take 100mg of CoQ10 daily.

DubLi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever asked them if it helps them:confused:

Whenever I don't take my supplements I have a lack on energy & many aches & pain. It's part of getting old:(

Johnny, I would like to ask you the same: for all that you have taken, which ones have helped you the most?

I also noticed you said: Whenever I don't take my supplements I have a lack on energy & many aches & pain. It's part of getting old:

Now this is interesting. For all the supplements you took, you still have problems? Part of getting old? How old are you?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im actually v healthy thankfully. and i do quite abit of sports and exercise. just wanna try the reds as supplement. i take 100mg of CoQ10 daily.

I don't know why but in Spore Ubiquonal is very expensive? Ubiquinol is suppose to be more effective than CoQ10. However some people find C0Q10 more effective? It's an example of different needs I guess.

It is one of the more important supplements. My mother gets tired when she doesn't take enough. The added problem is that she is a vegetarian.
You may be interested in trying a formulation which include both CoQ10 & Carnitine in liquid form.
http://www.iherb.com/MRM-Co-Q10-100...g-Natural-Orange-Flavor-16-fl-oz-480-ml/13756

It is suitable for vegetarians. Something you may be interested in is a time released CoQ10 which is quite unique.
http://www.iherb.com/Genceutic-Naturals-24Hr-Nano-CoQ10-100-mg-60-VCaps/28427

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny, I would like to ask you the same: for all that you have taken, which ones have helped you the most?

I also noticed you said: Whenever I don't take my supplements I have a lack on energy & many aches & pain. It's part of getting old:

Now this is interesting. For all the supplements you took, you still have problems? Part of getting old? How old are you?

When I suffered my heart attack I took anything & everything that would improve my circulation. Each day I would take 20+ different supplements & it worked and today after 5 years I no longer suffer from angina pains. However it's a very tough regime to follow, just imagine swallowing all those pills day & day out:smile: I've been trying to refine the range of products I take to only the necessities but it's very difficult. Whenever I make any changes it usually takes sometime before I can feel the change. It can also be dangerous because something went wrong last year when I had some complications, had to go to the doctor for a saline IV & insulin injections.

My doctor in JB is pretty good. He opened the clinic specially to treat me as it was a holiday :o
Took a while to recover from that mistake. I would feel very, very tired & would be out of breath whenever I had to use a pedestrian bridge.

Prior to that experience I would sometimes get lazy & forget to take my supplements & would be reminded when I got all the aches & pains. Even would get back ache:eek:

Since I started taking the powdered greens I have reduced the range of supplements I'm taking. So far so good:biggrin:
In Spore they are trying to get rid of people like me because I'm no longer productive. I'm a baby boomer :o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can't say which is the single most important thing I took. There is also something called a synergy. Some of the things I took regularly: Ubiquonol, Gingko, Green tea, garlic, Curcumin, resveratrol, pycnogenol, Vit B complex, multi-vitamins, alpha lipoic acid, hawthorn, astaxanthin, lycopene, L-arginine , pomegranate, Quercetin, Vit D, Vit E, leceithin, Olive leaf, flax.

thinkorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi johnny,

i am not trying to be sarcastic. let me tell you a true story of my senior friend's wife, she is a nutritionist by profession when she was alive. she ensures that everything she and her family take is of balanced nutrition. however, by stroke of bad luck, she was strucked with cancer at a age of 60+ and eventually succumbed to her illness last year after fighting with it for 5 years. my senior friend, the husband, who is also very health consious, was diagnosed with cancer too later. The bad thing was his cancer cells are the aggressive type according to his "panel" of doctors, he has them cos' he is filthy rich. what i am trying to say is some things in life is pre-destined, you can try changing it but it will be very difficult. I wish you well!:smile:

When I suffered my heart attack I took anything & everything that would improve my circulation. Each day I would take 20+ different supplements & it worked and today after 5 years I no longer suffer from angina pains. However it's a very tough regime to follow, just imagine swallowing all those pills day & day out:smile: I've been trying to refine the range of products I take to only the necessities but it's very difficult. Whenever I make any changes it usually takes sometime before I can feel the change. It can also be dangerous because something went wrong last year when I had some complications, had to go to the doctor for a saline IV & insulin injections.

My doctor in JB is pretty good. He opened the clinic specially to treat me as it was a holiday :o
Took a while to recover from that mistake. I would feel very, very tired & would be out of breath whenever I had to use a pedestrian bridge.

Prior to that experience I would sometimes get lazy & forget to take my supplements & would be reminded when I got all the aches & pains. Even would get back ache:eek:

Since I started taking the powdered greens I have reduced the range of supplements I'm taking. So far so good:biggrin:
In Spore they are trying to get rid of people like me because I'm no longer productive. I'm a baby boomer :o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A friend of mine has hypertension and mild high blood pressure, what vit to recommend?

Anyone & everyone would benefit from taking the green drink. It is a mixture of nutritious foods. I think the reason the green drinks are superior is because they contain a wide range of natural flavonoids that work synergistically. The body is a complex system that scientist don't fully understand, so it's difficult for them to formulate a better formula than natural products.

If you still have problems after taking the basic multi-vitamin you can consider the following:
1. Cut down on the amount of salt you are taking. Even if you are not adding salt to your foods, if you eat processed foods there is alot of salt already added.
2. Take potassium, or eat more bananas which is a good source of potassium
3. Take CoQ10. The body requires this to regulate the metabolism & it cannot manufacture this.
4. Vitamin C. It not only improves immunity but also helps with the blood pressure
5. Garlic. It thins blood making it flow easier.
6. Vit E, magnesium, calcium
7. Exercise & Lose some weight

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi johnny,

i am not trying to be sarcastic. let me tell you a true story of my senior friend's wife, she is a nutritionist by profession when she was alive. she ensures that everything she and her family take is of balanced nutrition. however, by stroke of bad luck, she was strucked with cancer at a age of 60+ and eventually succumbed to her illness last year after fighting with it for 5 years. my senior friend, the husband, who is also very health consious, was diagnosed with cancer too later. The bad thing was his cancer cells are the aggressive type according to his "panel" of doctors, he has them cos' he is filthy rich. what i am trying to say is some things in life is pre-destined, you can try changing it but it will be very difficult. I wish you well!:smile:

In my opinion the word Cancer is used to describe the diseases that doctors don't undertand. In the old days they would have used the term dying of old age rather than death caused by cancer.

Many suspect that many of the cancers are being caused by all the new man made chemicals out there. The pesticides in our food, the chemicals we use in plastics, in our cosmetics, in our carpets,...... Even the oceans are polluted & the fishes are not safe to eat. Some of these man made chemicals e.g. engineered oils interfere with the body's system.

Unfortunately many Sporeans are ignorant of just how dangerous these man made chemicals are. They only find out about the dangers of trans fats, engineered oils, msg, etc after they get sick.

It's a fact that we are all polluted. Each of us have foreign chemicals in our bodies that will eventually kill us. I notice that there is plenty of ignorance among Sporeans even among our "professionals" When I was in the hospital recovering from a heart attack, I was served breakfast with margarine:eek: If you check the medical literature you'll find out about how damaging margarine(trans fats) is to one's health.

My cardiologist prescribed Statins for me & did not prescribe any CoQ10. It's a known fact that statins depletes one's CoQ10 level. When I asked him about it, his response of "it's not important":eek: It sure terrified me that a as a professional he didn't think it was important:eek: Another thing I notice is that his approach was only limited to prescribing drugs. There was never any discussion about lifestyle changes, proper diet, etc.

I wonder how many patients in Spore would be alive today if they had done their homework instead of waiting to be spoonfed by their doctors:confused:

I don't claim to be a medical professional. I'm recommending the product because I find that it helps. I know how difficult it is to eat properly in Spore. Hawker food is not very nutritious & you need to supplement it. I don't believe our fates are pre-destined. Maybe it's because of of the degree(s) I have:wink:

DubLi

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro Johnny, you do make alot of sense which is why ppl here listen to you dishing out advice. I agree taking supplements is the way to go.

May we bros here all be healthy!

Last edited:

boylover

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi johnny, my so and so is a cardiologist. if you need 2nd opinion, pm me.:smile:

yes, seen good people who have never done a single bad thing in life facing undesirable consequences. :*:

it don't pay to be a good person perhaps, must behave like lky's acidic cronies...:rolleyes:

In my opinion the word Cancer is used to describe the diseases that doctors don't undertand. In the old days they would have used the term dying of old age rather than death caused by cancer.

Many suspect that many of the cancers are being caused by all the new man made chemicals out there. The pesticides in our food, the chemicals we use in plastics, in our cosmetics, in our carpets,...... Even the oceans are polluted & the fishes are not safe to eat. Some of these man made chemicals e.g. engineered oils interfere with the body's system.

Unfortunately many Sporeans are ignorant of just how dangerous these man made chemicals are. They only find out about the dangers of trans fats, engineered oils, msg, etc after they get sick.

It's a fact that we are all polluted. Each of us have foreign chemicals in our bodies that will eventually kill us. I notice that there is plenty of ignorance among Sporeans even among our "professionals" When I was in the hospital recovering from a heart attack, I was served breakfast with margarine:eek: If you check the medical literature you'll find out about how damaging margarine(trans fats) is to one's health.

My cardiologist prescribed Statins for me & did not prescribe any CoQ10. It's a known fact that statins depletes one's CoQ10 level. When I asked him about it, his response of "it's not important":eek: It sure terrified me that a as a professional he didn't think it was important:eek: Another thing I notice is that his approach was only limited to prescribing drugs. There was never any discussion about lifestyle changes, proper diet, etc.

I wonder how many patients in Spore would be alive today if they had done their homework instead of waiting to be spoonfed by their doctors:confused:

I don't claim to be a medical professional. I'm recommending the product because I find that it helps. I know how difficult it is to eat properly in Spore. Hawker food is not very nutritious & you need to supplement it. I don't believe our fates are pre-destined. Maybe it's because of of the degree(s) I have:wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi johnny, my so and so is a cardiologist. if you need 2nd opinion, pm me.:smile:

yes, seen good people who have never done a single bad thing in life facing undesirable consequences. :*:

it don't pay to be a good person perhaps, must behave like lky's acidic cronies...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the offer but I've found alternatives that didn't require going under the knife. :smile:

In my case, I had too many blockages for stenting to work. The only option he gave me was a very risky open heart surgery. Fortunately I found a clinic that did ECCP(enhanced external counter pulsation) treatment. Using EECP, chelation & using natural supplements I'm now doing ok.